Colonial Gardens Assisted Living Facility - Austin, TX

Amazing experience with the tour and the staff was amazing.

Dissapointed

Staff is great, management not trustworthy. No stimulation what so ever with patients. No communication from management from Dr., visits. Rooms not cleaned regurly. Toilet always filthy. Looking for other options. Nice facility too bad for poor management.

Alan Bass

I agree that we do have a great staff! I am sorry that you have this perception of our management. I visit this property weekly and I am always available to address any concerns or recommendations. My personal cell phone is available at the building and on my business cards to ensure you have access to me for any concerns. While I would never claim that we are perfect, I can assure you we will be responsive to your concerns and will address accordingly.

New Ownership Of The Community

I had to move my mother out of this community due to their new ownership, and management change. I was okay at first with her move to this community, but after the new ownership change things went downhill. They had a lovely executive director at first, but she is no longer here. There is not much commutation between the new management,and myself. I never got any notices about any of the changes happening. The community has a nice appearance, and I liked the layout design. The old management had chef's that prepared nice home cooked meals. With the new management the meals are horrible. They do not provide a nice, healthy selection for the residents to choose from. The structure of the community is kind of in limbo with the new ownership.

Clean. Lovely grounds. Friendly staff. Open floor plan.

Alan Bass

Flat pricing for both mom and dad. High end cost but then no additional costs for extras. Small operation and everyone was more at the tail end of the life cycle. I would consider the place if either parent became less responsive and required more skilled nursing services.

A Positive and Special Place for our loved ones!

My friend recently placed her husband at Colonial Gardens.
It was a difficult decision for my friend, but the executive director was very kind and gentle and provided us with lots of information that assisted in making the decision to place him at their facility. We toured the facility and it we were met with friendly and knowledgable staff and a beautiful and warm environment. Each resident has their own room, but the staff encourages group interaction by the residents and the community areas are comfortable and homey. The outdoor area is treed and landscaped beautifully and completely secured by a tall privacy fence.

They have a physician who comes to the facility and sees the residents and communicates with their families. Their staff communicates with family either directly or via phone as frequently as the families request.

Their food has that home cooked taste and family and friends of the residents are encouraged to join their loved ones for meals.

If I ever have need to place a loved one I am hoping that Colonial Gardens would have space.

high quality and compassionate care

Colonial Gardens ALF is going really well. Compared to the care she is receiving the value is good. She has been engaged and entertained every time I come to visit. I think the people that work there are very caring. You really get high quality and compassionate care here. I am very pleased with this facility.

Homey

Nice homey atmosphere, food is well prepared and the other patients seem well satisfied. I believe the care level is very good to excellent. One or two additional nurse assistants would be helpful, but there is no real problem with patient to assistant ratio.

Met with Lynda Tues. afternoon and was very impressed with her and her straight talk about dementia. She is the most caring person I have talked to. Their rates are doable, and as stated no yearly rate increases. $5200/month. Their personnel ratio is a bit low at 11:1 as opposed to Sundance @ 6:1. The facility is a little older, hospital beds are mechanical but it is only about 7 miles away. Under consideration.

A Great Place

Colonial Gardens, Austin, TX, offers a home-like atmosphere that is relaxing and comforting. There is a large shady courtyard with winding trails appropriate for wheelchairs. Meals are served hot from the kitchen directly into a large dining room. Aides are young, strong, friendly and usually available. I would recommend Colonial Gardens in a heartbeat .

Lovely grounds, home-like setting

Colonial Gardens is the closest to living at "home" that we have found (at least so far). Big friendly living area, lovely grounds, clean rooms (freshly painted when Mom moved in). The nursing staff is conscientious, the facility administrator responsive, and the support staff are well-mannered and seem to be motivated to do their best. Mom isn't wild about the food, but then, she's been living with my sister for the past 2 years and has been waited on hand and foot. Anyway, I would recommend this place for anyone whose loved one needs memory care in a loving atmosphere.

much improvement needed

My experience is that my parent is not kept involved enough. Each time I visit, my parent is parked in front of the television and I have never seen any coordinated activities even though I visit often at various time of day. The activities listed on the monthly calendar are not really activities, but more like handing out ice-cream or a smoothie or other snack. Despite the fact that Colonial Gardens has lovely outdoor spaces, care-givers rarely take residents outside and the residents are not allowed in the back yard on their own even though it is secured. My parent would love more outdoor time and it is misleading to use the outdoor space as a sales tool, and then not to provide robust use of the area with residents. In addition about half of the residents are non-ambulatory, have to be fed, and are non-communicative and they seem to get the bulk of attention. I have never seen a caregiver engage my parent other than when I ask them to. My parent is often only partly dressed and not showered or groomed. The care-takers are very friendly and appear to have a true desire to be helpful, but they are extremely busy as they do all the cleaning in addition to care-giving. Basically the place seems understaffed. I was told that care staff have meals with the residents, but that is only that they are feeding the many who are not able to eat on their own. I often find that clothes are missing and other people's clothing is hanging in my parent's wardrobe. The bathroom is often disorderly, with supplies not put away and toilet paper not on the holder, etc.

alzheimers facility

alzheimers facility

Colonial Gardens ALF, located in Austin, Texas, is a beautiful, warm, and comfortable senior citizen community. Not only are we driven to accommodate each of our residents with an above average care level, but we are completely dedicated to a family oriented atmosphere. Our staff are trained in their field and have years of experience assisting our elderly residents. We pride ourselves in providing quality amenities and impactful services that not only are guaranteed to make your stay here a joyful one, but also an easy one. Still not sure if Colonial Gardens ALF is the right assisted living facility for you? Give us a call at (512) 833-0114 or (512) 650-0504 to speak with one of our residents. Because your safety and well being are the number one priority, we provide 24 hours of care; as well as that, our services are extended to include respite care, indoor and outdoor activities, provided meals, a beauty salon, a private dining room, spiritual living, a medication team, and End of Life Care. We understand that money is a big concern when determining which assisted living facility is right for your or a loved one; therefore, we make every arrangement to assist you financially. Specializing in Alzheimer and Dementia care, we assure you that you'll have an ideal, life changing assisted living experience. Each of our rooms are purposefully designed to make your experience with us one that you'll enjoy every day. Call us at (512) 833-0114 or (512) 650-0504 to discuss the next step.