Cliffside Nursing Home - Flushing, NY has yet not published prices.

My father was admitted for rehabilitative services. From the very first moments of his arrival, the nurses were friendly, attentive and professional. The physical and occupational therapists were outstanding. They were positive, patient and kind. To my surprise, they had him walking a few steps just days after his arrival; something he was struggling with before and during his hospital stay. The activities staff were so encouraging and inviting. The social workers were a tremendous support to all of us. The dietician met with me and my father to go over his food preferences and choices were offered. Our extended family would visit at different times throughout the day and evening and positive comments were continuously reported back to me about the kind nurses and the cleanliness of my father and the place. My family and I will forever be grateful to the compassion and the attention given to our father. I should also report that my dad had once been in another facility for short term rehab services about 2 years ago. When he needed short term rehab again, we did not want him to return to the other place and I did not feel compelled to write anything positive about that experience.

Difficult to get information from them

They were clean, I'll give them that. I think it was a little overcrowded. The problem with Cliffside was getting information from them. I'm the son and they know I'm the son and they've met me but the nurses still wouldn't tell me anything more than "he's stable" and the doctors never got back to me. I'd have to go through 17 calls and getting passed around and passes around. They start citing hyppo laws at me and it's like how many papers have I signed that say I'm in charge of the care and I'm the one to talk to? That was the frustration there.