We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
The Clarewood House Charitable Trust helps provide comfortable, secure apartment living for senior adults.One of the many unique and popular benefits of living at Clarewood House is that there are a variety of flexible dining options. Unlike other senior communities, residents are not required to pay for an all-inclusive meal plan. Clarewood House fitness center provides quality fitness equipment and wellness programs to help keep our residents in shape.The Fitness Center is open daily to residents & staff. Physical therapists are available, at no cost, for one-on-one instruction and assistance with starting a fitness program. Equipment includes a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bicycle, rowing machine, free weights and more.
Clarewood House is located in popular Houston, TX. A city rich in history, museums, and interesting places to visit, residents will find no shortage of things to do in this area.
Houston is a very large city with a lot to offer. Residents can enjoy a large variety of museums, shopping, and dining. Days spent there can be as relaxing or adventurous as residents would like.
- Population: The population of Houston is over 2 million people. The average age of residents is only around 32 years old. The amenities of the big city definitely attract a younger crowd.
- Walkability: The overall walk score for Houston is only a 49. A lot of districts in the city earned over a 70 for a walk score, so it really depends on where you're located. A car is necessary for running some errands.
- Senior Facilities: There are several senior facilities in and around Houston, TX.
- Weather: Residents can expect the typical weather for this area: hot summers with temps in the high 90s, rarely getting below 70 at night. 60s and 70s are the highs for winter time.
Residents of Clarewood House are always invited to use the transportation services available. For those looking to venture on their own, Houston has many options for transportation. The METRO system offers rail riding or buses. Fares are inexpensive, and a senior discount is offered. There are free buses that operate in the downtown area as well. Taxis are a popular way to travel in the city. Houston has implemented a flat rate cab fee of $6.00 for downtown travel only.
- Supershuttle: Rides to and from home.
- Zipcar: Inexpensive car rental service.
- BCycle: City bike share program.
There's no shortage of medical facilities in the area should you need care outside of Clarewood House. Houston has excellent hospitals and medical centers with a variety of specialists and primary physicians.
- Memorial Hermann Greater Heights Hospital: A full trauma hospital for emergency medicine and routine care.
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook Hospital: A full-service acute care facility.
- St. Joseph Medical Center: Offering full-service emergency and routine care services.
- Houston Medical Center: A network of primary care and specialist providers.
Sports and Leisure
There are so many options for senior activities in this area. Dozens of senior centers offer everything from card games to jewellery making. Houstontx.gov is the easiest way to learn about these opportunities. It gives a detailed list of activities offered at each community center location.
- Golf Courses: Golf is very popular in this area thanks to the beautiful weather throughout the year. There are dozens of places to play golf. Golf Club of Houston is a tournament course that is a stop on the PGA tour and is open to the public. Blackhorse Golf Course is an 18-hole championship course with a variety of terrain.
- Tennis Courts: There are tons of tennis courts and clubs in and around the Houston area for all skill abilities. Residents wishing to brush up on their skills can take private lessons. Club Westside is an exercise complex with fitness classes, a pool, and tennis courts. Lost Forest Tennis Club is ideal for those who want to get serious about their tennis game. Galleria Tennis and Athletic Club offers tennis courts and instruction.
Whether you want to relax for the day at one of the area spas or go on an outdoor adventure, there is always something to do. For example, Hermann Park is a nice place to relax on a sunny day. It's also home to the Houston Zoo, where residents can view more than 4,500 species of exotic animals.
If shopping is something you love, Houston is the right place. You can find anything from the latest designer fashions to unique items you may have never seen. Some of the best places to shop are:
- Houston Premium Outlets: A collection of outlet stores and restaurants.
- Tanger Outlets: A collection of outlet stores and restaurants.
- The Galleria: A huge mall with the most popular stores and restaurants.
For residents looking for everyday items or groceries, Houston is home to over a dozen Walmarts alone! For other grocery items, residents can choose:
- Central Market: An upscale grocery items and produce.
- Randalls: A grocery store with basic items.
- Whole Foods: A natural food store.
The area is home to the typical chain fast-food restaurants like Whataburger, McDonald's, and Wendy's. Some recommended family-style restaurants are:
- The Capital Grille: Fine dining.
- Hugo's: Mexican creations.
- Rainbow Lodge: Upscale comfort food.
- Backstreet Cafe: Family atmosphere serving comfort food.
In the fourth largest city in America, there's no shortage of entertainment options. For those who want to see a movie, there are tons of places to choose from, including:
- Edward's Houston: A chain movie theatre with giant screens.
- Star Cinema Grill: A movie theatre showing the latest blockbusters and serving dinner and cocktails.
- AMC Dine-In: A typical AMC theatre serving dinner and cocktails.
There are tons of museums and art galleries to explore as well. Visit the Space Center for a trip out of this world or head to the largest art museum in the area. Residents can grab a Houston City Pass that gives discounts to some of the most popular city attractions.
There are many options for churches in this large city. Some of the closest to Clarewood House are:
- First Methodist Houston: A place of worship that's open to the public.
- The Anointed Church of Christ: A place of worship that's open to the public.
- Houston Christian Assembly: A place of worship.
Houston is a beautiful city with so many options for things to do. The beautiful weather makes it a great place to get out and enjoy all it has to offer.