Good Living Community Care - Houston, TX

Personable Staff

While trying to find a place for my father I was attempting to call a few communities. This facility actually returned my call, then I toured the area and I was very pleased that I didn’t have to continue my search any further. The staff team there is very personable and they are very good with taking care of my father. The only thing that I would say is they seem a bit anxious. They really care so much about their patients, so when they notice something wrong they call right away to let us know with everything, but maybe that’s a good thing. With the condition that he is in, he is to the point where he is not eating very much, but they do try their best to feed him when they can. The food there is very good and there are friendly people to eat with as well. They do have to option to eat in their room, but the staff team tries to get everyone out to eat in the dining area so people can socialize with others as well. Every time I go, the area is always very clean. They keep my father clean and the area that he is staying in. They wash his clothes and sheets for him, every time that I would go I would never have to ask an employee to wash it because it already has been done. The facility has a nice yard and there is gazebo type thing out there to sit at. I also see other tenants play games and host parties now and then. Overall, I would recommend this facility because of the great staff.

Good Experience at Good Living Community

My dad was only there a little while before he passed away do to his age but the staff made him feel cared for and at home. The facility is very clean and the staff is personal and friendly. It doesn't have an institutional feel at all, it is more like a little community or a big family. The grounds are well maintained and the owner is often on site. The staff is caring and they work really hard to make you and your family member comfortable. The food is prepared by a wonder cook and the meals are incredible and well balanced. The facility is modest but the greatest care is taking to provide a clean, caring and personal feel to everyone in the community. We had to move my dad to a 24 hour care facility quickly and they made the transition very easy. I highly recommend checking out Good Living Community.

Toured 1/6 with [Removed]. Very caring staff. Clean facility. Not many options for him to do any on site therapy in order to improve. When we visited he commented on how "dark" the facility was and I agree it needs more bright lighting .