Symphony of Buffalo Grove - Buffalo Grove, IL

Symphony of Buffalo Grove - Buffalo Grove, IL has yet not published prices.

I never have to worry about my dad

My Father has been at this facility for quite some time and I like the fact that he has had the same caregivers for the whole time. They take really good care of him. I feel better that I know there is someone always looking out for him and I never have to worry about him. I feel really happy that he’s here. There have been a few incidents that have happened that I’m not happy with but that staff apologized and fixed the issues right away. My dad has to have his food pureed in order for him to eat. There was one incident where I found a food tie in his food and if he were to eat that, it really could have hurt him. I feel as if these things happen on the weekends and the staff isn’t as attentive. When the weekday staff finds out, they always get to the bottom of these issues. The other thing about this facility is that they need to approve the appearance. It sometimes feels so depressing and so drab. It’s not as cheery as other parts of the building. I would recommend this facility.

Choosing a dementia unit

My father has been a resident in the dementia unit for over one year and I am very happy with our choice. The staff is very loving, patient and compassionate. I am impressed with how the staff has gotten to know each resident on an individual basis. The transition for my father from independent living with a part time caregiver to a full time dementia unit was very difficult. The staff allowed him time to adjust, worked with him, and learned to redirect him. He started off as an observer and much to my surprise became an active participant in activities. He has undergone a recent decline and now has hospice support and the staff has been very supportive. I highly recommend this facility.