Brookdale Hunter's Crossing MC - Gainesville, FL

Very Kind Community

Everybody here was very kind and friendly. I toured this community for my mother and her needs. I enjoyed my tour it went pretty well. The community looks very nice. I wasn't very pleased with the size of the rooms, they kind of small. Also it was a little expensive for our budget. Overall it was a good tour.

Doing Everything They Can

I really do like this community, but mother is still adjusting to the community. This is a nice community, they have a lovey staff. They are very encouraging to the her to get involved in the community. The staff is really nice. The meals are decent. Their medication administrating needs improvements. They do try their best to care for her and her needs. It is still a work in progress for us, but so far everything is going well.

It was clean enough but our least favorite of the 4 we visited. It seemed too much like an institution, less personal than the others.

Nice place, overall

Overall our experience with Brookdale Hunter's Crossing has been a good one, overall. The community has a very comfortable, homey, family feel to it, which I really like! The staff is friendly and professional, and very attentive to the needs of the residents. They're not completely full yet, but at this point they've got a very good caregiver to resident ratio. My one complaint would be that on the weekends they really don't seem to have many activities.

I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog

They didn't do what they said they were going to do. It's a rip off. I wouldn't recommend this place to a dog. There is not enough staff. The staff doesn't have any training. I would love to sue them. They're really awful. did not have a good experience with them. I would not recommend the Brookdale Hunter's Crossing. They just really are awful. I was not impressed.

Worth the trip

If this community wasn't great my husband wouldn't be moving in. Other communities I looked at were just darker and had limited space. Clare Bridge is about an hour away from where I live and it seems to be worth the drive so that he is in a great community that makes him happy. We were very impressed with them and are willing to drive the hour to have him living here.

At Clare Bridge of Gainesville we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. That’s why we provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities, and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

We provide Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing, and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs, and care to help stimulate recognition, recall, and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia, our professional care staff has learned to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. The Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs at Clare Bridge of Jacksonville are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.