Wesley Manor Retirement Community - Louisville, KY

• Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene
  • 3 Balanced Meals and Snacks Per Day
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Availability of Professional Service Staff 24-hours per day
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness

EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL.. MY MOTHER AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MY DAD OUT OF THE HOSPITAL FOR A WEEK NOW ... AFTER NO RETURNED PHONE CALLS YESTERDAY OR TODAY, I DECIDED TO JUST GO TO THE FACILITY AND SPEAK FACE TO FACE WITH SOMEONE TO FIND OUT THE PROBLEM . AFTER WAITING NEARLY 30 MINUTES, [Name removed] THE DIRECTOR OF NURSING FINALLY APPEARS AND SAYS "SHE AINT GOT NO PAPERWORK. AND "AINT HAD NO TIME TO RETURN NO PHONE CALLS" AFTER LETTING HER KNOW THE HOSPITAL WAS MAKING MY DAD GO SOMEWHERE BECAUSE OF HER LACK OF COMMUNICATION, I INFORMED HER I WOULD BE WRITING REVIEWS TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE AND SHE SAID "GO 'HEAD THEN" AND WALKED ME OUT THE DOOR, MAKING ME LEAVE THE FACILITY.

SO NOW INSTEAD OF BEING IN OUR NEIGHBORHOOD LITERALLY AROUND THE CORNER, HE'S GOING TO BE FARTHER AWAY FROM HOME FOR HIS REHAB STAY.

ABOUT. THEY REALLY NEED TO GET IT TOGETHER. CAN I GIVE A NEGATIVE RATING??

Clifton N Whalin

We're sorry this was not a good experience for you. When you stopped by, we had not received any documentation from the hospital for rehab. Unfortunately, our hands are tied without this clinical information before we can consider anyone for admission to our rehab area. Thanks for your understanding.

Wesley Manor Patio Homes

We have lived in our home for just over a year and are delighted with the space as well as staff who are most helpful.
Having independent living patio homes with the ability to transcend to higher levels of care without moving a great distance is most appealing although I hope that is a long way off. Comforting to know that additional accommodations are in place so when needed we can move on.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks so much for your kind words! We enjoy having you on campus, as part of our Wesley Manor family!

A visit to Wesley Manor

My sister, my wife and I took a tour today of the grounds and facilities of The Village at Wesley Manor. Our purpose was to gather information concerning the possibility of moving into one of the patio homes in their independent living community.

Personally, my wife and I have owned a home in the area for the last 46 years. But, we both know that the time has come for a change. Due to current illnesses we are experiencing the loss of physical ability to care for and maintain both home and property.

Our meeting and tour was lead by the very capable [removed]. She is the Patio Homes Coordinator. Her presentation was the most thorough and knowledgeable of any we have received at other locations. We had a delightful time with her!

We found, in our estimation, that Wesley Manor really is an organization that cares for the well being of its "family community", both physically and spiritually. It also offer all the amenities we had hoped for.

We have all signed on to the waiting list: my sister and her husband, my wife and myself. We do all hope, as soon as possible, to become members of this wonderful community.
...Now time to start relieving ourselves of a huge 46 year accumulation...

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your kind review. Look forward to having you on our campus hopefully soon!

A tour with care

It was far from us. We did like community and found it to be clean and taken care of. We liked how the other residents seemed to be happy here. We liked the activities that would have been offered to keep her active. We do recommend that families tour the community for what they are looking for.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your positive feedback! You're welcome here any time.

Good Tour

I don't this community for my father and his needs. The tour went well, and everyone was very kind. The community appeared to be up to standards with the cleaning. The staff I met was nice and courteous. I had no problem with this community. My tour was a good one, and this is a kind, nice community.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your kind comments. Let us know anything else we can do for you.

very clean, lots of ground, chapel is filled with holy [Removed], a little pricey

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your kind comments!

Wesley manor is a very friendly place to live, all the staff try to do all they can to make it like a home.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks Martha! We love having you in our family!

I have enjoyed every minute here. One of the greater things I have ever done besides getting married for 51 years.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks. Love having you here!

Let's sing!

The staff here has always been really friendly. I like that most of the aides have been with the company for a long time. The community is always kept clean. My loved one has been involved in there motivational, and there karaoke. We would recommend them.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your kind comments!

Just awesome!

The community is wonderful and always kept clean. The staff is great and keeps me well informed about my loved one. They offer exercise classes for the residents to keep them active. They also offer healthy choices for the residents to eat. All staff pays attention very well to what the residents needs and wants are. I would recommend them to others.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks! We are honored to have your family member in our Wesley Manor family!

The Lord has truly Blessed Our Family that my Mother now
calls Wesley Manor "Home". From the Staff to the Residents
it is one "Big Family" taking care of each other. Surely the
Lord is in this place.
I so appreciate and Thank the Staff of Wesley Manor

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks Carol. We are blessed to have your mom in our family too!

Our opinion

The living area is clean. The dining area is great. Staff is friendly and helpful. Lots of seats placed through out for anyone needing them.Lots of activities to keep you busy. The yard is gorgeous ! even a picnic area !Wesley Manor is a really nice place. The price is a little on the high side but it is much nicer than most of the other places we looked at.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks! We are honored to have your family member in our Wesley Manor family!

Great Family Environment

I want to share how impressed I am with the great family care given by Wesley Manor. From the administration to the staff to the residents, Wesley Manor truly is a place where individuals are loved and belong. Many of the staff have been working there for years which impresses me. The fact that persons can live in a patio home if they wish and then be able to move other areas on campus is a great plus. In addition to the medical needs being met, Wesley Manor gives high priority to the spiritual and emotional needs of its residents. As I look down the road to my own needs for care in the future, I looking forward by knowing Wesley Manor will be a place for me.

Thank you, MIke!

Very friendly

Thanks!

Very Pleased when I Visited

I have a family member living here at the facility. When I went and visited I was very pleased with the place. I couldnt ask for a better community. The staff is very caring and good place to have your loved one stay.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for the kind words! It's truly an honor to serve our seniors!

Friendly, helpful staff

Overall things have gone very well at Wesley Manor! It is a nice looking place, and the people here are very friendly. I really appreciate how dedicated they are and how often the aides check in on the residents. The head of the nursing and aide staff really does a fantastic job! The only problem I've had so far is a bit of confusion with the administrative staff in getting some paperwork filled out.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks so much for your helpful and kind comments!

Wesley Manor allowed my mother to stay for 30 days on a trial basis to see how she would get along in the new setting. She likes it (and the people/staff) and plans on staying. Staff has been very helpful and friendly. Staff checks on residents several times during the day and night. Doctor, nurse practitioner, and foot doctor come to facility to check on patients so they don't have to leave during bad weather.

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your kind comments! Please let us know anything else we can do for your mom.

Helpful and accommodating staff

So far our experience with Wesley Manor has been a good one! It's a big change and they've been very flexible, accommodating, and helpful when it comes to getting everything set up in regards to billing. The facility itself is a nice, clean environment, and the staff are all very friendly as well. And from what I have heard from my loved ones the food is great! We'd definitely recommend them to others looking for senior living in the area!

Clifton N Whalin

Thanks for your kind comments! Please let us know anything else we can do for your family.

For over 50 years Wesley Manor has been the leader in providing personalized care in a secure, loving environment—at an affordable cost. As a non-profit organization, Wesley Manor has a distinct philosophy of care by being mission-driven rather than profit-driven. While newer facilities exist, our caring staff is what sets Wesley Manor apart from the rest.

Originally founded as a Methodist retirement home, Wesley Manor now serves people from many denominations and faith backgrounds.

Our full "Life Plan" retirement community (formerly called CCRC) gives seniors the advantages of living in one location, even as their health care needs change over time – so no more worries about where they will live as they grow older or cope with future frailties or illnesses. This is especially helpful for couples who may have varying levels of needs, yet wish to live on the same campus.

Whether in our Independent Living Patio Homes, Assisted Living, Personal Care/Memory Support or Health Care Center, Wesley Manor prides itself on the wonderful sense of community felt throughout our 35-acre campus. We’re easily located near the Gene Snyder Freeway—a country feel, with city convenience. Both residents and family members often speak of themselves as being part of an extended family – the Wesley Manor family.