Citadel Estates - Hazel Crest, IL

Good

There was some challenges at first but they have been addressed. I would recommend this facility to others.

Wonderful Citadel

I am very pleased with Citadel. I do believe it is the people that work there that have captured my heart and my cousin is at home there.

Don't Stop Here.....keep looking!

My firsthand experience spans almost 5 years. When my mom was initially placed here it was Arden Courts, which was a very good owner, within a two year period, overnight, the facility was no longer Arden Courts and became Citadel Estates of Hazel Crest. There was no announcement that the business had changed hands, or any information provided about the new owners. There have been four different executive directors in less than five years. At any juncture, there was no communication or introduction of a new executive director. On Monday the old director, on Tuesday, a new director. Since [date removed] the place under the management of Citadel is turning into a real dump. Cleanliness has dropped an alarming rate. The employee turnover rate is 150%, don't bother trying to remember names. And, the facility is understaffed. I must say that the caregivers most of the time were exceptional. My experience concerns management and the nursing staff, which was always unapproachable and unresponsive. You pay more than what you get. The quality of the meals diminished to tolerable. Overall, while my mother was a resident, I spent a lot of time with her to make sure she was not neglected or abused. I would not recommend this facility for anyone. Don't believe 24 hour nursing service that is a lie, lie, lie. One may consider why I did not remove her...because, I have no faith in any of these facilities and was unable to care for her due to my own chronic health issues. I did care for her for 5 years before placement.

The Move In Was Good

The community turned out to be a good fit and my dad is getting good care too. I like the activities director, they are very good with planning out activities.

A pleasant community

The staff at this community have been cordial, nice and helpful. My brother likes the food and the community is kept very clean. They offer daily activities including a prom night where they offered live entertainment. I would recommend this community.

Home Care I would Recommend

My aunt is doing great since she started to receive services from this home care agency. This is an excellent home agency, and they have been great to work with. They have been great with resolving any issues we have had. I have a great relationship with the owner, she is great. It has been a good experience, and I would recommend this home care agency.

Unprofessional!!

My dad lived at Citadel of Hazel Crest for 3 months and concerns began less than a week later; from an aggressive dog, uncleanliness of facility and dad, and improper behavior of caregivers, the final incident is when the director of the facility, English [Removed], stated, "I condone their behavior and sometimes I may forget I'm at work." This led me to immediately remove my dad out of this facility. Citadel's corporate office have yet to respond.

Nevertheless, the design of the facility is great for its residence but this facility needs to under go new management and management above the facility's director needs to be more accessible.

Best Of The Best!!

The Citadel Estates was a wonderful choice for my father-in-law. The meals are prepared very well and are very nutritious. The place has a large variety of activities and is one of the main reasons why we chose this community. It is very well maintained and clean which was a must have. The staff is awesome and communicates with my wife and i regularly on our loved one's progress.

Good Care

This is a great community. They offer activites that she is very please with. The food is very good and nice variety. The staff is caring, patient and friendly. We would recommend this community to others.

Dennis conducted a superb, detailed and informative tour! His passion and concern for the residents dignity, comfort and care were evident in numerous ways. I was introduced to friendly staff and residents. There is a clean, caring, cozy, intimate home atmosphere. They also do field trips. Updates are great, paint evokes peace and calm. Impressive!