Arden Courts of South Holland - South Holland, IL

Very impressed with the organization and overall look & feel of this facility.

Kind and Caring Place

Our mom has only been there for about 1-1/2 weeks. When we went for the tour we knew immediately this is where we wanted our mom to go. Then over time we've seen how friendly, kind and respectful the staff is not only towards our mother but towards the family and their concerns. Arden Courts is very clean, the rooms are small but pleasant and they encourage the "guests" to get out of their rooms, walk around, attend activities, etc. There are several "sitting" areas each themed to sit at. There is room for your family and there is a lovely outdoor area all around the place. Mom has definitely had her ups and downs but she's getting around better than she has in a while and seems to enjoy walking around and talking with the other guests. So far, so good. Would definitely recommend.

A tour

This seemed like a nice clean community when we visited. The people we met were friendly and helpful. This community just did not seem to be in the same class as the community we chose.

Father's Care

I am happy with the care that my father is getting from the caring staff. The meals are outstanding and he loves the variety on the menu. My father is offered the activities. and hopefully he will participate in time. We would recommend this community the many areas of care in a clean community for other families and there loved ones.

Friendly Staff!!

My dad has been liking his new living environment so far and has made a smooth transition into this community. The staff where very welcoming and made sure to help my dad get acquainted with the other residents and make sure he was comfortable in his new apartment. There is always room for some improvement and some changes to be made but so far everything is going well and we look forward to her future at this facility.

I have had a wonderful experience with my loved one living in this community. I leave and go home with no concerns, knowing that the care and support that he received has been beyond words. This community has truly been a blessing to the [removed] family as well as our loved one. Thank you all.

My family has been pleased with the care and attention my mother is receiving.

Before my mother came to Arden CT, I visited eight facilities and Arden Courts was the best. Also the staff if very good with the residents. Arden Courts is a place where I would like to live someday.

My loved one isd a longtime resident. Overall great experience. Excellent care. Providing & addressing the special needs of each resident is the goal of the staff!

I was extremely impressed with the level of care given to residents and more specifically the focus on the needs of seniors with memory loss. I think Arden Courts would be an ideal placement for [Removed].

I Am Happy With Community

I'm pleased with A Place For Mom for the help we got, I have referred other to them already! This community is very clean, no issues. The staff are nice and helpful and the communication is good. My husband has seen my dad participate in activities and we enjoyed the Father's Day BBQ. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Loved Arden Courts

A Place For Mom was awesome. They asked questions and based on the answers set up several tours they thought would fit. They were friendly, supportive but not pushy or controlling.
This was my first time being in this situation of finding somewhere for my grandmother to go. I was very intimidated by the task but A Place For Mom really helped me.
I fell in love with Arden Courts which was my final tour. The best was definitely saved for last. Love the walking paths inside and outside and the homey feel it has. It has the feel of a small town with all the different scenes and decorations.

My grandma needs an adult Sippy Cup. In order for her to receive one they said the family has to request one. I would like for them to request things she needs when they see things happening instead of waiting for the family to request it. I would also like to see her changed more often than what she is.

So far, things seem to be going well at Arden Courts. The staff is friendly and professional and the building and rooms are kept fresh and clean.

This is the best care facility that I have seen..

I actually been telling quite a few people about it. I always recommend them to the Arden Courts. I seen a lot of nursing homes and care facilities over the years. This is the best one that I have seen. I am very happy with everything. The cleanliness of the facility is excellent. It is very clean and sterile. Everyone is very friendly. Everything here has been excellent. This is a really nice community.

The tour we took was very thorough. They took a lot of time with us and answered our questions and gave us lots of information. The sight is very clean, and we liked that is was smaller and circle shaped. Very Alzheimer friendly.

Excellent memory care facility!

Unfortunately our loved one was only here for a short time, but overall I think they do a very good job at Arden Courts. The staff are great at working with family members, and they are all very knowledgeable about the issues that people with dementia and Alzheimer's will face. Unfortunately our loved one's care needs were just more than they were equipped to handle, but they went above and beyond trying to find a solution that would work for us. It didn't work out for us, but I think this would be an excellent facility for someone with memory care needs, but that are otherwise fairly healthy.

They promised a lot. In the first wee...

They promised a lot. In the first week we had nothing but problems with them regarding the care of my father.

My father fell the first night he was there. They sent him to the hospital.

My fathers medication was not being given to him correctly. He was overdosed on his blood pressure medicine.

We had a meeting with the head nurse and everything was getting resolved and my dad got sick at the end.

Good Care While Giving Feeling of Independence

The facility specializes in memory care and seems to be designed to meet my loved one's needs. It's designed so that each resident has a small, cozy room that's part of a "house" that has several common areas. The residents are strongly encouraged to socialize and participate in group activities, rather than spend time alone in their rooms. The staff is patient and unfazed by the special needs of those with memory challenges. There's a good mix of people, and I think my loved one will enjoy the social interaction and feeling of independence that will keep her vibrant. The indoor and outdoor spaces are available for the residents to enjoy in any way they want. The easily-accessible quaint outdoor area is safe for residents to wander around and it's beautiful when the weather is warm.

Just not a good experience.

They were not good, their staff could be a little more educated. They had her diaper on backwards. They are supposed to keep the laundry and I would find her with other peoples clothes. The food was not good here, it was frozen prepackaged and reheated, you could tell. They had her medications wrong, they would say one thing and do another. Just not a good experience.

Convenience is Key

We chose this community for the convenience of its location. It is located near our neighborhood so wasn’t a complete uprooting. The manager came by my house to talk to us he explained all the things they offered and answered any questions we had. They were available immediately so it really helped. My loved one is a little stubborn and gives the staff a fight so he keeps them busy. It is a very nice community with very nice landscaping. If we needed services like this again, we would use Arden Courts again.

Right Choice

Very satisfied. I don’t think they have enough activities, but it might because I am not around. Pretty scenery. There is no odor, that’s one of the main things I was looking for. My husband is clean and well kept. Various members of the family feel like we chose the right location for him.

Considering.

Considering.

Welcome to Arden Courts Memory Care Community of South Holland, serving Northeast Illinois and Northwest Indiana from our convenient location near I-94. We are a 60-bed community, dedicated to caring for those living with Alzheimer's disease and related forms of dementia. Arden Courts offers quality, personalized services in a small, residential environment much like home. Our caring staff is committed to maintaining residents' dignity and providing comfort and a sense of belonging in a safe, secure environment. In addition to dementia care, we offer adult day care and short-term respite stays.