Private Pay only they do not accept ALTCS

The Citadel

I toured The Citadel for my loved one, and I thought it was a very good community. It also seemed a very good value for the money, but it was way too far out for us. We were hoping for a community that was closer so we could visit often.

No Place like home

I had to move to another city and I chose this community because it was the first one I looked at. I'm slowly adjusting to it just miss the other home I was in. The food her is prepared a little better and cheaper. I love that they are pet friendly my dog is my companion. The people here are friendly and the staff is caring. This is an older building so some updating wouldn't hurt. There are activities like bingo and music that I'll start to enjoy. They come in and clean once a week.The courtyard is nice. I had an issue and maintenance fixed right away. I hope to settle in soon.

Has Some Challanges But Likes The Community

Despite some of the challenges mom likes the community and likes her apartment.She likes the way the community is the setup you have to go outside to get to the dining area and all the hallways open up to the outside. They have shaded courtyards which she likes. We have found that most of the activities are for the assisted living and rehab side not for the independent living side except for some cards games. One major concern that now has been corrected is that it took 6 weeks to have moms tv and cable hooked up after her moving in. I'm a little disappointed in the front desk staffing it seems that it is not the same person stationed there.Mom is not the type of person to complain about something if she didn't have a good reason too so when she says she doesn't like the food I tend to believe her. I have eaten here and found the food to be good but I have also ordered off a different menu than her. They have an open window of time for dinner which is a nice feature so you don't have to rush.

Care offer for mom

We like this community a lot, but this community did not have an apartment that was in doors. We wanted me, mom, not to have to go out doors in the heat. The menu was appealing. They do have a lot of activities. We would recommend this community to others that are more independent

Excellent

The Citadel is a beautiful and large community. They keep the inside and outside well-maintained and very clean. The atmosphere is very warm and inviting. The staff is very friendly and welcoming to all of us when we come to visit. My sister in law is very happy with her large two bedrooms, it is exactly what she wanted and she is very happy living there. The dining room is really nice and elegant and the food is excellent. There are all kinds of activities and amenities. She has not had a chance to engage in all that they provide. I would highly recommend The Citadel to friends and family.

Outstanding Staff!!

My dear friend has recently made the move into this community and I can not say enough great things about this place. The staff are absolutely amazing and I can not say enough great things about them. They have been empathetic to every situation and are highly trained in taking care of the seniors. I like that if there is every an issue they address it immediately and take care of the situation. Even the dinning room staff has gone out of there way to sit with her and just explain the transportation program so that she is aware of it. They all have truly have done there part to make sure she is right at home. She thinks the food is fabulous and has already gotten involved in many of the activities. Overall it has been the perfect fit and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Great experience

I took my grandfather to The Citadel last week and our tour guide was very informative and very personable! My grandpa was very comfortable with opening up to her about his issues which I was surprised.
The place seemed to be very active, clean and staff was friendly.
I was going to ask a few residents how they liked living there and they told me they loved it and that he should move in before me even asking lol.
The independent apartments were very large and the price was very affordable.
I got all my questions answered and the tall blonde marketing lady even helped me out with VA info, movers and a realtor she almost convinced me to move in lol.
I hope my grandpas house sells fast,we will be moving him in as soon as it sells!
Thank you again for being so kind to both of us~

Home Care Assistance

We have been happy with the care from this service. We have like the care that we are receiving at home help. The caretaker is helping with cooking and a few small things .We like that she is trust worthy and reliable. She does arrive on time when needed. We would recommend this service and the caretaker for good in home care.

Nice facility with good recommendations. Noticed on the AZ Board of Health site that quite a number of complaints had been filed since early 2016 but were not deemed actionable. Nonetheless, between that the fact that independent living rooms required residents to use outside walkways to get to elevators that didn't seem to be climate controlled and then on more outdoor walkways to get to the main building, we decided not use The Citadel. The other factor was the need to move from one unit to another if transitioning from independent to assisted living. Finally, the meal plan - the continental breakfast plus one meal wasn't going to be a good baseline for the meal plan for my father.

Very clean, employees seemed to be very friendly. They had entertainment when we arrived and the place was packed.
Over all the residents looked very happy.

A beautiful community!!

When we went to tour The Citadel, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the facility itself. The problem I had with whoever I was in contact with, when I got there she was completely unaware that we had an appointment. Also, some people walked in and wanted to tour as well, so we all toured together. The tour guide seemed to be oblivious and that turned me off. Also, the facility was almost too big.

Nice stay!

Everything went well while my father was at The Citadel. The facility was clean and activities were offered to the residents. My father really enjoyed the movies that were played. My main concern was the fact that, on multiple occasions, the staff did not follow my directions or preferences for the care of my father.

Still adjusting...

My mother has been at The Citadel about 6 weeks and she is still adjusting. They seem to be right on the spot when my mother needs anything. I don't have much to compare the experience to, but it has been good so far. The only thing I wish they would do is to come up with a checklist of things we will need to do upon move in, so new residents are not overwhelmed.

I would recommend this community.

The staff at The Citadel are bending over backwards to help mom adjust to living here. The activities coordinator is good at encouraging her to participate in the tons of activities they offer. They offer activities such as cards, happy hour and church services. It is easy to get around the community and the maintenance staff are quick to respond. The food is terrible, they do not serve food to the residences, they have to serve themselves. Other communities I looked at offered money towards food, but that option is no longer available at Citadel. The place seems clean and I like that there are places outdoor to sit.

He Enjoyed His One Week There

When I need a place for my dad while I went out of town, this community is available. It all went well and he did not complain about his visit. I only came across the manager I was dealing with had left when I got my dad there but the new manager followed through with what we agreed to. He told me it went well and I would use them for a respite again.

Needs Improvement...

When we went in for a tour of The Citadel, we went in on a Saturday, so they said there was not a tour guide to take us around. When we walked into the dining room, it was very dark and kind of dirty. From the little bit we saw, it would not have been a good fit for my mother.

My New Home

I am absolutely happy with the care here. The food is good from the dinning room but I mostly make my own food. I have suitable amenities to prepare and make my meals. The staff come to my room to dump trash and they keep the community clean. There is a few activities and I get to play cards or sit with residents and talk. They have a few different Sunday services and I'm going to check some out. My daughters were also impressed with the help from A Place For Mom.

This is an animal friendly community!!!

The people that assisted me with my tour of this community were nice and knowledgeable. The community looked clean and well taken care of. I was not able to try to food there. They have a swimming pool available for the residents.

They keep the community clean and they offer a wide variety of activities!!!

Mom was at this community for about 3 weeks before she had to go back into the hospital. While she was there the staff was good to work with. My only concern is that when she had her stroke it did not seem like anyone did anything to help her. The food is good and they offer a wide variety of quality food. I would recommend this community for people that do not need a lot of monitoring.

Poor Communication!!

It is very hard to know what is happening to my mother in this community if i don't call. The staff has very poor communication with me i got to speak with one person they were very rude.The price that we are paying is not very good for the services we are receiving. There is some remodeling going on but the community is still being kept clean. My mother likes the food.

One of my parents lived there for almost 4 years. I do have to say when they first moved in things were great. The food was good and a large selection was provided. The breakfast and lunch were free. Then they first started by charging for breakfast. Then the lunch soup and salad bar were removed and they had to start paying extra for that too. The food choice went from beef and chicken to chicken and chicken. Not quite that bad but there were hardly any beef dishes offered any more and the quality had gone way down too. The housekeeping staff is nice and seem to have stabilized. For a while they were rotating or getting rid of people. The dining room is way understaffed. They sometimes have the dishwasher serving meals. It just seems like the new owners only care about the big almighty buck. And who is going to pay for the work on the outside of the building and the driveway when this is completed. The poor patrons?

My new home

The response was very quick. I am happy with my choice. And follow up was truly impressive. That you.

We would recommend The Citadel!!!

My Father in law is doing well at The Citadel. They offer a lot of activities and he enjoys playing cards and pool. He is satisfied with the food. The staff are very pleasant. The community is kept clean inside and out for the residents.

I love It Here!

Since I have moved here, everything is wonderful. I get to clean my apartment my way, I also cook my own meals or at times I go to the dining room. The food is tasty too. I keep myself busy with all the entertainment and have met lots of nice residents. The staff are respectful, caring and very nice. I would recommend this community for because I am able to get around, have fun, and meet nice people.

Starting To Feel Like Home

This is truly a lovely community, we really love it here. We have a very nice apartment and a young lady comes and cleans once a week for us. They keep the community very clean and well-kept, it is a beautiful place. They provide transportation to our doctors appointments. We have participated in some activities, and they have many for us too choose from. The food is okay, we mainly go to dinner for the companionship. My daughter is even impressed with this community. We are really starting to feel like we are at home, and I would recommend it.

Good experience

Things are going fine since moving my Grandfather to The Citadel assisted living. He is doing well there. It has been a good experience. He likes the activities they offer. However, he is not a fan of the food.

The People Here Are Amazing!!

Things are going fine for my husband and I here at Citadel Assisted Living. The community is remolding right now so thing are a little crazy around here with the mess, but other then that it is a nice looking place. I would say the one thing that make this community is the people here they are simply amazing. The residents were friendly from the moment we stepped on the property. The company of the people here is great there is always someone here to talk to or have dinner with. It is nice after 60 years of marriage to have someone cooks for us and clean for us. We are very pleased with this community and I would recommend it and I would say to anyone looking into senior living is to take a look a few different community so you have choice's. Also to let you loved one decide where they wanna go since they are gonna be the one living there they know what they like.

4 stars and well deserved

I love how they met my family and I at the door with a warm aura. We all loved the layout of the facility. The extra curricular are always a PLUS!

I am in the assisted living side. The staff is wonderful and it is kept up to date. They have great activities but I have not been able to participate because I have been sick. They could improve with their food services.

Nice staff

The staff at this facility is very nice. They keep the place clean and it seems to be well run and organized. The other residents here are a joy to be around. They do not have as many activities as they used to have, so that's a bummer because the residents really seemed to enjoy them. The food is kind of blah and bland too.

Great activities

The staff is efficient and friendly. The facility is always clean and orderly. The residents here seem nice and well taken care of. The food is just okay, but the meals are healthy and nutritious. There are also great activities for the residents.

NOT A PLACE TO BE

My mom has been living here for about 18 months. At first it was all good, then a new company bought the place and turned it into a cash cow. No consideration for the residents who are treated like livestock. Mooo! The food sucks.. I know the new owners wouldn't feed it to their dogs. The staff has been cut to the bare bones. My mother often waits for an hour or more to get help going to the bathroom. When they don't come and help she uses her diaper and then they are pissed because they have to change that. The tissue is the cheapest on the planet. Like sandpapaer again, would the new owners give this cheap crap to their family? No!! I would advise anyone looking for a care facility for a loved one to go anyplace but here. At [removed] a month, anyplace would be better than this greedy corporate run facility.

thrilled

My mom loves Citadel Assisted Living. She is in an apartment that is really well located. She is enjoying the social activities. The food is fantastic. She has transportation to the store. Everybody is so helpful when she needs anything they get right on it. I am just thrilled with the way things are going. Everything is going really good.

Terrible service

This facility used to be a nice place until new management took over. The nurses are overworked, there are no care staff to meet the needs of the residents. many medication errors. The activity program has been cut in half. All for the almighty dollar.

This place is DISGUSTING!

When I found this place, 3 yrs ago, it was the perfect place for my dad. We were about to lose mom to Alzheimer's & I wanted him to be safe & healthy. He was 89 then & caring for mom took a huge toll on him. He wasn't a very good cook, so he had begun to lose weight. We went on a tour of the apartments & even ate lunch there. The food was excellent. So, first chance we got, dad moved in. He was so happy then. He even gained some weight. I was so happy dad was happy.
Then, it was bought out... EVERYTHING CHANGED. They IMMEDIATELY raised the rent & cost of meals. Then, they cut out most of the food services. The breakfast that used to be free, was now being charged. Even coffee. They got rid of the chef & the meal choices. These poor people are stuck with horrible food. FOOD IS A MAJOR ENJOYMENT FOR SENIORS!! I have eaten here, on & off, for 3 yrs. The food is SO BAD, I wouldn't serve it to an animal. (if you go to a restaurant & don't eat, you don't pay. These people PAY when they ORDER. If they don't eat, too bad. They still pay for it) Dad has gone from [removed]
ALSO... the water smells like RAW SEWAGE! Out of the tap. Out of the shower. EVERYWHERE! There is sewer smell everywhere! It made me throw up! The residents are told there is nothing that can be done about it. I have written to the Ensign Group (the listed owners) and have not gotten any response. I have also written to the staff of the Citadel. Again, no response. When the residents complain, they're treated like little children. They are condescending & rude. They know these people don't want the hassle of moving out. They won't even address or fix a simple thing like little or no outside lighting. They really should be ashamed of themselves.
The only thing that will wake these people up, is if people move out or don't go there at all.

A wonderful blessing for mom

My mother has been at this facility in an independent apartment for a few weeks. As far as I can tell, the facility is always clean and well kept. Residents and staff typically are very nice. My mother's gets two meals per day, which are so much healthier than what she could make for herself. She is getting involved in more activities and just loving everything about it! I couldn't be happier!

RUN FROM THIS PLACE!

The owners of this place are in it for the money. They treat these residents like they're children! The food is SO HORRIBLE ~ yet complaints are IGNORED! I ate there last night, with my dad. The soup was room temperature, and cold within minutes. The fish was not even room temperature & tasted like it was boiled. The water coming from the tap smells like SEWER!!
Dad is 92. They know he's not moving. They don't care about the people living here ~ NO MATTER WHAT THEY TELL YOU! It's so sad.
Dad has gone from 125 lbs to 92 lbs in 2 yrs.

friendly and helpful

The staff at Citadel Assisted Living are always friendly and helpful. They have really good activities that go on all throughout the day. Mom says she feels like she is at a resort with all the activities they keep her involved. She loves it there. She loves the staff, she loves the food, and everything about it is just great.

Overall A Good Experience

I think that overall it has been a good experience. I know they were recently bought by a new company, so the residents are a little worried and anxious about that. The food service is already taking longer.

We are very happy with Citadel.

We are very happy with Citadel. I don't have any concerns. We love all the different activities, and crafts. The staff is friendly, and it's clean. She is very happy there. I think it was pretty reasonably priced compared to other places we looked at as well.

everything has been great

They are really great! They are awesome, always on top of things, and have been really good with my dad.

There was one time when I called there late at night and got someone on the phone that did not seem to know what they were doing and the whole conversation with her was a disaster, but I addressed this matter with them later and they were great.

Other than that one time everything has been great and I really appreciate them.

We are very happy here, they do a good job.

After a short stay at another community we moved here. They were more reasonably priced, and the rooms were a nice size and great quality. The difference was night and day. We are very happy here, they do a good job.

did an excellent job

The staff at Citadel Assisted Living was very helpful and really understanding. They did an excellent job explaining things to us and helping us out.

At the last moment my mother backed out and decided not to go, and the time it took for us to get our money back was much longer than it should have been. But that was the only downside of the whole entire experience.

good experience

Everything about Citadel Assisted Living has been a very good experience. Everything is very clean, the staff is extremely friendly and helpful, and the food is very good. It has been a great experience and I would recommend them.

Very nice place!

We are very pleased with Citadel Assisted Living, we have absolutely no complaints about anything! The staff are friendly and professional, the facility is clean and well kept, and the food is great! I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking into senior care in the area!

great place

They really did a great job with my mom. Citadel Assisted Living is a great place and they have really done a great job with my mom. I would highly recommend them.

finding a home for my brother

I'm very pleased with the staff at the Citadel. They were very helpful when my brother first moved in. Would not go any other place.
Thanks

Overall Good Communty

Citadel Assisted Living is a good community. My only issue is that my loved one was supposed to have someone shadow him when he first moved in, but that never happened. This is so important especially when an individual is new to the community. The food is basically good but my Dad is getting tired of chicken most of the time. The dining experience is well organized but a menu change is needed. I have had no billing issues to date. The staff is very efficient at what they do. They do take residents on outings and shopping.

My 90 year old Mom has been here 10 months and is doing great. The staff are warm and caring, yet professional in manner. They assist with whatever she needs, including packing packages for mailing, or helping replace her television, or accompanying her to medical appointments to help with communication (have to write to Mom since she is deaf). The Wellness Center might benefit from more staff, though Mom is getting the care she needs. And with better nutrition from the dining room plus being well cared for, Mom has gained weight and is now healthier at a whopping 95 pounds! And the church she belongs to provides services at the Citadel too!

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. I met a storm trooper there, and she has bullied us since we moved in. They insisted, that we hire angel care, so we did and they couldn't help us but still charged us. We have to pass inspection before we are allowed to turn in the keys. I feel like they have pushed to get us to move out since we have got there, well we are leaving. They keep adding on things without asking us. We have never gotten a bill for what they said it would be. They say they are going to do things that don't need to be done, and charge us for it, like an escort to meals. This wasn't a great experience.

Mom is in the right place.

Even though our mom received home care services in Citadel Independent Living, after 6 weeks it was clear she needed Assisted Living. In both places, the staff are friendly and respectful toward residents, family, and other staff. They seems to enjoy working with the residents, and they quickly learned what Mom's individual preferences and needs are. Mom can ask for whatever she needs at the Wellness Center -- if they don't have the answer they help her find it. Mom is profoundly hard of hearing and some activities might not be suitable for her. I'm hoping accommodations will be made for other activities. The apartment is light and has nice high ceilings, the grounds are beautifully kept, and mom can have plenty of time outdoors in the enclosed areas. Sometimes the business office and other staff could coordinate their communication a bit better, but all problems are easily worked out. The dining room is quite accommodating - mom can get what she needs. The food is nicely prepared, (occasionally tastes too salty) has enough variety and plenty of fresh vegetables. Mom is receiving excellent care and feels safe and looked after.

Overall Very Corporate

Overall I would say that they are very corporate, and you can tell they are very corporate. They try very hard, but it's obvious that they are employees trying very hard. They nitpick and charge for every little thing. They do have a big advantage because they have progressive care. However even with the progressive care you still have to move. If you are in independent living and you have to go to assisted living you have to change rooms and move, If you are elderly moving across the street or across town, it's still a move.

We liked this one too, but...

We liked this one too, but the apartment again was too small, specifically the living room.

It's working out really well.

It's working out really well. It's really clean, and the people are very friendly. I feel like the food could be improved. It's ok but not great. The response time is a little slow at time. He likes that he has an outdoor entrance, so it doesn't feel like a hotel room. He is really making friends and starting to get involved.

Liked the facility very muc...

Liked the facility very much. Warm welcoming staff. Clean. Nicely contained. Different levels of care.

Toured

I toured this location when I was looking into independent living. I wasn't a fan of this place, compared to others that I looked at. It was a bit too spread out for me, which would have caused me problems getting to and from things. The rooms were also smaller than what I was wanting.

Will only get better!

I'm not even here 3 months but the place itself is doing quite well. They're good to me, I'm the type of person where I do as much as I can, but phsycially I can't do what I did when I was 35, if I need something I call them up and it gets taken care of. The manager in this particular area said that they would help me hang some of my heavier pictures and the guys came in to do it. They're good here and their price is reasonable from what I have seen, this pretty much fits what I need. I'ts good food, this is not exactly the fanciest place like Paris or New York City, but the food is good and it's always there so to speak. Lunch, half the time I don't eat it, after a good breakfast I'm not too hungry but dinner is good.
If anything, this place will get better the longer I'm here. This morning I took a scheduled but trip into town to Walmart; they take you there and tell you want time they'll be leaving (they give you a weekly schedule) and then they bring people back in 2 shifts, the drivers themselves actually know most of the people who go on these trips so no one gets left behind. There's some minor things, but there's no big things. It looks like managements taken care of it, they had some problems in the dining room with the slowness of food being served and some things not being in stock that are on the menu, then the director of food services resigned so they took care of that. They have those alert buttons in the bathroom and on the wall above the bed and they ask that when you wake up to push it so they know you're up and about. I accidentaly pressed the one in the bathroom and withing 5 minutes a man on the night shift came in to check on me, it's good to know that it's there.

Very nice.... like many as...

Very nice.... like many aspects of what they offer. Will take Dad on a tour.

Responsible, nice-looking facility with friendly, caring and competent staff.

My mother has been there for several years. She has been cared for very well although there has been a high turnover of staff. The dining room facility is lovely, and the food and service are excellent.

Great Food Plan

We chose this community because the staff was very friendly and helpful. The apartments are spacious. They have a very good food plan; you only pay if you actually use it. They give you a punch card that you use when you get a meal. You only pay for what you use. The community is very pleasant and they are located very close to home. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Really like this place, how...

Really like this place, however may not be in our price range

Best Fit for Situation

We chose this location because of all the amenities they offer. The staff is really friendly and helpful. The location is really convenient for my family. The food was very good; in fact go enough that I bought a meal ticket to go back. The community itself is really nice and well maintain but the surrounding area is a little rough, really doesn’t affect the community because it’s separated. The one thing that could be improved is the welcoming process; it could have more structure and formality to it. They could have set up some appointment so that we meet the ambassador and other staff. They do have the option but you have to actively seek it. With everything said and done we chose this community because it was the right fit for our situation.

Month-to-month rent, very nice. 3 mea...

Month-to-month rent, very nice. 3 meals a day.Friendly staff. Nice court yards.

3 meals,weekly housekeeping

3 meals,weekly housekeeping

Very nice and very friendly bigger ro...

Very nice and very friendly bigger rooms for same money as 1st one Had a very good lunch there. I'd have to go back again to decide between this and Fellowship.

Nice facility; Director was informati...

Nice facility; Director was informative and friendly. The residents were fairly friendly. The apts were adequate but not as well designed as others I have seen.

Very nice place. It was clean. Had lo...

Very nice place. It was clean. Had lots of activity. Liked all the amenities and the staff seemed very friendly. Really like that is independent living but can transition into more of an assisted living.

good price. has pool.

good price. has pool.

The Citadel Assisted Living Facility provides the best value with our apartments, including an abundance of amenities and a large range of customized services. We offer spacious studios for our residents. Nurses are available on site 24/7! The residents and staff are extremely friendly, too — the only thing missing is you!.Our community offers a range of lifestyle options so you can live the way you want to live. Our active seniors get to enjoy a large variety of personalized services and exquisitely tailored amenities. We know you’ll feel right at home. And even better than that, we provide all the benefits of being in your own home, but we remove all the worry of maintenance, chores, and cooking.

For warm weather, beautiful vistas, and a vibrant community living arrangement, The Citadel in Mesa, Arizona is standing by to offer unprecedented levels of quality living in an independent or assisted living environment. Located at 444 South Higley Road in Mesa, Arizona, The Citadel is a mere twenty miles from downtown Phoenix and all the amenities that the state's capital has to offer. That being said however, Mesa offers a myriad of activities and amenities much closer to home, so seniors will still feel as if they are at the center of all the action regardless of their individual interests.

Living at The Citadel in Mesa, Arizona

Located in Arizona's Valley of the Sun, The Citadel offers both superior retirement living, as well as an excellent Assisted Living community in an environment reminiscent of a catered lifestyle. Indeed, denizens can select from a variety of spacious floor plans, all while enjoying an elegant dining room, on-site banking, a well-equipped library, and exercise room. For those looking to enjoy some shaded time outdoors, available gazebos and picnic areas provide a great place to relax outside with friends and family. Additional amenities include:

- Social Outings
- Beauty Salon
- Barber Shop
- Covered Parking
- Paid Utilities

Home is where the heart is, and the hearts of Citadel residents love the full array of available things to do and activities to engage in while living in such comfortable and elegant appointments. Ice cream socials, classes like cooking and music appreciation, as well as a lively place to plat cards and billiards are all on the menu for our residents. Elegance and comfort combine to create a warm and friendly environment featuring easy month-to-month leases amongst a warm and caring staff that is available 24/7.

Living in Mesa, Arizona

Living in Mesa, Arizona is the perfect place to enjoy year round great weather and beautiful panoramic views of the surrounding mountain ranges. The City of Mesa supports an array of senior activities via the Mesa Active Adult Centers in the downtown area and Red Mountain locations. Open from 8 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. daily, visitors will have an array of options for fun and entertainment.

- Weekly Dances
- Social Card Games
- Bingo
- Line Dancing
- Metal Working Classes
- Computer Classes

In addition to keeping the mind active, your senior can also avail themselves of options designed to help family members and seniors in keeping their bodies fit also that include:

- Care Giver Support Group
- Aerobics
- Tai Chi
- Wellness Classes
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Gentle Exercise Classes

Mind, body, and soul all combine at the Mesa Active Adult Centers, and provide an excellent resource for seniors living in the greater Mesa, Arizona area.

Transportation Options

Living in a great area is pointless if you can't get around, and while Mesa does not enjoy the highest €œWalkability€ score, there are an array of public and private transportation options available to get your senior to the next ice cream social, golf round, or theater performance without any problems getting around town. Specifically, the Arizona Department of Transportation provides buses, ride share programs, door-to-door pickup and delivery, and route based shuttle services.

Entertainment in Mesa, Arizona for Seniors

An array of activities abounds in and around Mesa, which is what makes it a great place to live for people of all ages. For Citadel residents looking for something to do, the world is their oyster when it comes to selecting fun and exciting activities. For instance whether it is the arts or simply shopping, seniors at The Citadel want for nothing when it comes to finding something to do:

- Visit Mesa Grande: Explore archeological ruins
- Attend Live Theater: Concerts, Dance performances, and Broadway Shows
- Golfing: Mesa is known for its beautiful courses
- Shop: Superstition Springs Center

Regardless of their interest, there is always something to do everyday in Arizona's Valley of the Sun in beautiful Mesa, Arizona.