Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall - Norfolk, VA

Commonwealth Senior Living At Leigh Hall is THE BEST choice!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! This place is AWESOME. My wife and I were very impressed with this facility and their employees. Their memory care program is exactly what we were looking for in a retirement place for my Father-in-Law. He will stay active and will be in a safe and caring environment. It is truly a relief to find a place where we feel confident and comfortable that he will be happy and taking care of.

Tour Went Well

My tour of this community was a good one. Everyone was very friendly to my family, and myself. The staff was kind, and my questions was answered. The community looked nice, everything was clean, and looked good. It was a pretty nice experience, my tour went well.

Very Satisfied with My Mother's Move Here

I'am very pleased with my mother's move to this community. She has settled into this community very well. I know she is safe and being cared for very well. The staff is good, they are great at keeping me up to date on information about my mother. She has even made some new friends with her move. Her room is nice and big. Their rates worked well with our budget. It has been a great experience. I would recommend this community to anybody that is looking for this type of care.

Wonderful Rehab Therapy!!

The rehab therapy has really been excellent at this community. They have helped my dad improve greatly and are getting him back to being active in the community. The meals do need some improvement they are way to bland and not well thought out.

Review of Leigh Hall - Norfolk, VA

I met with Melisa [Removed] and was very impressed with the meeting and tour. I spent 2 hours and left with knowing that not only did she care about my dad but also about me and my brother and sisters. She has Made herself available to answer any additional questions and give a tour of the facilities to the rest of my family. The facility itself was clean and light it was nicely decorated and provided its clientele a safe environment. The activities offered a holistic approach to caregiving.

We moved my mother-in-law in several weeks ago. She is receiving excellent care and so are we. We are very pleased with the environment, care, food, cleanliness, etc. So far, she is adjusting well to the move.

Leigh Hall Assisted Living Facility

First of all, I can't thank "A Place for Mom" enough for helping me. Having to place a loved one in a place away from the home they love is very stressful. A Place for Mom walked me through every step. They set up tours in various facilities until we found the right fit for mom. I'd recommend their services to anyone.

We finally decided on Leigh Hall Assisted Living Facility in Norfolk. From the first step in the door, we knew it was just what we were looking for. A beautiful, clean appearance caught our eye immediately. The new wing which they named "Sweet Memories" is for dementia patients. It is decorated in such a way to remind the residents of happier times. Mom mentions to us on every visit that the staff is wonderful and the food is good! You should go see this facility!

We are really pleased

They seem to be really good at working with us to make sure that my Mom is comfortable and getting the best care possible. We are really pleased with the place.

A Good Experience

It was a good experience with Leigh Hall. They helped me a lot and they helped my loved one a lot too with getting her settled in to the facility and everything. I have already recommended them to someone.

It's working out well, but it's expensive.

Except for the price tag everything is working out. It's pretty clean and the staff is friendly. They are just finishing up with a remodel, and it will be pretty nice when it's done. I haven't had any complaints about the food from my loved one, and I haven't tried it, but I know they sent out a resident survey not too long ago, and the food was the complaint.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Leigh Hall, I would like to thank you for your review and comments. We appreciate the fact that you have entrusted you loved one’s care to us. Providing our residents and their families with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss ways in which we can improve our care for your loved one. My e-mail address is [removed] and my phone number is [removed]. Thank you so much and I look forward to speaking with you. Starr Caulder, Executive Director of Leigh Hall

Wonderful Facility and Staff

In July of 2014 my Mom passed away. Being the center of all of our lives, it was very hard on all of us, especially my Dad, having been married for 68 years. He wanted to remain in their home, so initiated a 24-hour In Home Care. His health started declining and with the increasing cost of In Home Care, a decision needed to be made on moving him to Assisted Living.

I began a search in our area. When I first called Leigh Hall, my first contact was with Roshawn Foot’e-Scott. She was very informative about the facility and her concern for my situation prompted me to make an appointment and take a tour with my Dad.

Having lived in his home with my Mom for 52 years, this decision was very hard on my Dad. From the moment we walked in the door and saw the little pineapple blackboard with “Welcome Finney Family” on it, our fears began to ease. There was an immediate connection with Starr Caulder, the Executive Director. Her compassion and knowledge took away any lingering fears. The interaction she had with her staff and residents clearly showed the respect and admiration they had for her.

We signed up for an apartment that day and Dad moved in on December of 2014. Unfortunately, his health seriously declined and he passed away in January of 2015. His stay was short, but due to the caring staff, Dad and I were showered with love, compassion, and tender care, which meant everything to me and my husband each and every day we were there with him.

My husband and I continue to visit Leigh Hall, and the “friends” we made there always bring positive memories as we continue to heal.

Leigh Hall will be my FIRST recommendation to anyone seeking an Assisted Living Facility for their loved one.

Blessings Come in All Sizes

After a long year of trying to find the perfect place to move my grandmother, Leigh Hall was recommended twice in a 24 hour period.

I made an appointment, met with Ilene Lipton, and chose Leigh Hall.

Since making that decision, I have been so pleased with everyone and everything. They were very accommodating to my time line. This decision was thrust upon me but Leigh Hall as a whole has been a blessing! They continue to take great care of my grandmother.

I don’t know what I would have done without everyone here!

They have taken the worry out of my day and let me be more concerned with just visiting instead of caretaking.

Great option

I recently toured Leigh Hall as an option for my mom and dad and was so impressed with the inviting nature and warm staff. It's central location will make it easier for my sister and I to visit and the rooms are larger than any community we've visited so far. The Director of Sales and Marketing so was so helpful and knowledgeable. We felt very reassured that our parents would be in great hands.

As we finished our tour we were very impressed.

From what I can see it looks clean to me, however occasionally, I smell a urine odor, just every now and then. Some of the nurses aren't too friendly, but everyone else is very nice. I think they take really good care of my dad, especially the people in charge. They want me to tell them right away, if I have any concerns. They have plenty of activities going on, my dad is walking a lot more, and he's doing stuff, and he has really improved. He's very happy with the food. We liked the location, and as soon as we finished our tour we were very impressed. Ilene Lipton really went to bat and helped make it happen. Star has also been really helpful, and is always looking out for my dad.

ilene Lipton

Thanks so much for your feedback. It is so important to let us know so we can address any concerns you may have immediately. One of our top priorities (after resident care) is to make sure our community is clean and smelling fresh always. Unfortunately incontinence is part of some of our residents' life cycle. We are very pro active in removing all soiled materials immediately, however occasionally emergencies do arise that take precedence. Do not hesitate to let us know should it happen again in the future.

starts at $3410.

starts at $3410.

ilene Lipton

Hi, I am Ilene Lipton and I am the Sales and Marketing Director for Leigh Hall Assisted Living. I wanted to clarify that our rooms start at $2760 for a semi private room. All our rooms have full baths and we also have the option of a private and a private suite which is a one bedroom. We used to be a suites hotel so our rooms are rather large compared to other options in the area. I would love to show you first hand what our unique community has to offer.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall, a premier senior living community in Norfolk. Centrally located with easy access to all the amenities of the Hampton Roads region, Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall is a unique and distinctive community. We provide comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle.

Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall boasts a variety of amenities, including an airy lobby with grand piano, elegant dining room and therapy services. Our residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with a private bath. All of our rooms and suites are built around a light-filled atrium, creating a delightful and charming atmosphere. For our active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Leigh Hall further and schedule a tour today.