Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor- Chesapeake, VA

Good Experiences

The community was an excellent fit and we were very happy with the services they provided.

Horrible Service

My mother resided at this facilities for over 4 years, the service at the begining was marginal; and with a change in management - there was significent improvement. We were pleased. The last 18 months, staff has changed, service has decreased, and cleanliness has deteriorated.

Mom fell twice within a 2 week periord, the first time we were in the ER for over 9 hours she ended up with two black eyes, and a huge knot on her head. The second fall mom ended up with fracture of her hip. Both instances no one was watching her, thus no eyes on target.

This place was fun. When we arrived for the tour it was a very nice day. When we entered the front door you could smell fresh flowers which they had in vases in several locations. A door was open to the courtyard area and you could hear laughter and happy voices. The person who greeted us welcomed us with a smile. She gave us a tour and was very pleasant and knowledgable of the facility. The whole experience was pleasant considering why we were looking for someplace. Thank you Georgian Manor for making our search a little more easy because of your kindness and compassion!

Not the right fit!

I went to go see this community and really was not that impressed with it. The rooms were to small. The staff seemed to be helpful and answered all questions. The community was clean. It just was not a good place for my parents.

Rooms are small and inconsistent for the price. Small activity rooms. Good programming ideas - like the focus on different countries.

Too Expensive!

The Georgian Manor was a very nice community. The place is kept up well and very clean. The staff is very friendly from what I saw. The only reason we did not go with this community was because of cost. It was out of our price range.

The community gets five stars for the staff. Everyone I met exudes a positivity and seems to like what they are doing to contribute to the whole. They are attentive to the residents needs. The rooms have a full bath with a large shower that is easily accessible for someone with limited mobility. Some of the rooms have a kitchenette and residents can have a small refrigerator/microwave of their own if space allows. The rooms are one open area so the sitting area of larger rooms is within view of the bed, dresser, closet, etc. they are not separate defined areas. The

Nice enough!

I like the staff here. They are very nice and helpful with my loved one. The community is bright and open and the residents were out doing things. They provide a lot of activities for the residents to participate in. I would recommend this place to family and friends.

Kind Community, My Tour Was Nice

This is a nice community. My tour went pretty well. They have a nice staff, they were nice and friendly. From what I saw the community appeared to be well maintained. Everything looks neat and tidy. They were informative and answered my questions. It was a good tour, but not the place for my aunt and her needs.

Commonwealth Senior Living

On behalf of Georgian Manor, I would like to thank you for visiting our community and sharing your thoughts. Providing all of our residents and their family members with high-quality care, dignity, respect, and compassion is our top priority. We are always seeking new ways to improve and enhance our community and I would love the opportunity to speak with your regarding your experience. I can be reached at [removed] or [removed]. Thank you so much. Maria L. Irlinger, LALA, Executive Director at Georgian Manor Assisted Living & Memory Care

Georgian Manor is 5 stars!!!!!

The staff at Georgian Manor is excellent. They are very friendly and help my mom whenever she needs it. There is a great variety of food to choose from and it is good. They have a calendar of daily activities for her to choose from. The community is clean and very well maintained. I would recommend this community.

Friendly, caring staff

Our experience with Georgian Manor has been a good one, overall. It's a clean, nice looking place, and I haven't ever noticed any odors. The staff is friendly and professional, and I think they take good care of the residents. You can tell they really genuinely care about the people they're looking after! My loved one is in their memory care unit, and while there has been a mishap or two, I feel like she is in good hands.

Good and Attentive Staff

The staff at Georgian Manor has been very good and very attentive to my mother and that is really the main thing. So based on their attention to detail with my mother I would have to give them a five-star rating.

The staff seems to be very interested in the residents..

The Georgian Manor is a really nice place. The staff seems to be very interested in the residents. I feel like my mother is safe there. They always check on her. They chat with her and they seem interested in what she does. I think strongly enough of it to recommend this facility to anyone who is looking for a place for their mom or dad. The location is good. The food is good as well. My mom always comments about how good it is.

It was a nice place

It was a nice place, and definitely was an option we considered. Had a room not opened up at our first choice, this is where we would have picked. The biggest drawback for us, was the location and the traffic on the way here. This was our second choice place though, it seemed very nice.

Very nice place, overall

Overall I think they do a fantastic job at Georgian Manor. The facility is probably the best in the area, and for the most part we've been thrilled with it. The staff are very friendly, and they've accommodated us and our loved one in a lot of different ways. Even the food is very very good! However, we did have one major hiccup regarding my loved one medications, which ended up being quite serious. After that incident they've really gone above and beyond working with us to make sure it doesn't happen again.

In December of 2012, my sister and I had to make a crucial decision regarding my uncle who had developed Dementia. It was a decision, unfortunately, that many family members have to make concerning their loved ones.

During my uncle's stay as a resident at Georgian Manor, the Executive Director walked us through some very difficult moments as my uncle's health began to decline. She always had a listening ear and a mouth full of wisdom.

In the hands of the Executive Director and her staff, Georgian Manor would be the right fit for you or loved ones needs.

Great Place for my Grandparents

After living at another ALF for almost 2 years, we decided to move my grandparents to be closer to us. We chose Georgian Manor and we are so glad that we did. The staff is great and does a much better job at communicating with us that the other place did. My grandparents seem so much happier now and I am impressed with the activities offered by Georgian Manor. Their apartment is very bright and open which also contributes to their better mood.

10:30 Monday...

10:30 Monday, July 14; Support group - 3rd Tues/month, Familiar with LBD, Upbeat environment, Clean

They keep better check on dad but communication could improve

The biggest thing is dad's a little messy when he eats so they should be cleaning him up a little more often. He's gone down to a couple of activities but I don't know if he particpates in them and he's got dementia so he doens't really remember, they have a memory care unit and do things with them there. I know they keep check on him and they bring him out. He's had a lot of medical problems lately so it's hard to tell how the care is right now. I think one thing they could improve on is communication with the family, I don't really get a whole lot of phone calls on what's going on. I've called them and they've communicated different things to me.
The memory care is a smaller facility and I felt like they'd keep better check on him and they do seem to do that and bringing him out to the common areas.

very nice place, felt calm and peacef...

very nice place, felt calm and peaceful. ait kind and personable, branch mgr very nice on phone. seemed well-run; however concerned about recent violations. lots of red tape stuff and some care and cleaning issue. mainly, alz patient lost for 2 hours and returned by police, facility had not noticed!!! yikes! everyting is an add-on. but i liked facility.

I like the private rooms and the cost...

I like the private rooms and the cost seemed quite good for all the included services! Dad chose this one! So we put down the deposit!

Nice place but a lot of extra little ...

Nice place but a lot of extra little charges that raise the cost.

Toured the facility, it was clean and...

Toured the facility, it was clean and the Director in training very informative. Didn't see alot of visual stimulation that I feel is very important for my Mom.

Thought all personnel were very frien...

Thought all personnel were very friendly; loved the courtyards; bedrooms were larger than Cedar Manor and had a bath/shower in the room.

Welcome to Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor, a premier senior living community in Chesapeake that is managed by Commonwealth Senior Living. Situated in the beautiful and refined River Walk area, our community is located close to healthcare facilities, shopping, dining and entertainment. Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor provides comprehensive services for residents in a caring and home-like atmosphere that ensures they maintain a quality lifestyle. Among the most distinctive features is our signature Sweet Memories program, which received a best practice award from the Virginia Assisted Living Association. It’s specifically designed for those residents who experience memory loss, Alzheimer’s or dementia.

Georgian Manor boasts a variety of amenities to ensure our residents are comfortable, happy and healthy. Our commitment to the community was reinforced by a recent renovation that included an elegant dining room and library, among other features. For active residents, our full-time activities director coordinates daily activities, trips and social programs. Residents enjoy suites and companion rooms with private baths and their pets are welcome too! Our transportation service helps residents get to their important appointments. With no entrance fees, enjoying life at Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor is an affordable option. We believe in personal and dignified care which is why team members are on-site 24 hours a day and we develop an individualized care plan for each resident. We understand that everyone has unique needs and we tailor services to our residents, such as medication management and weekly housekeeping and linen service.

The attentive and experienced caregivers provide compassionate care to residents who have all the comforts of home and maintenance-free living surrounded by friends and neighbors! Our residents quickly become like family. With a variety of living options, you’ll be sure to feel right at home. Explore Commonwealth Senior Living at Georgian Manor further and schedule a tour today.