Premier Cadbury at Cherry Hill CCRC - Cherry Hill, NJ

Disappointed

This was a nice facility but was very disappointed in the management here. The director told me they had a policy in place for the residents. They were to sign out and to sign in when you leave the building. I have power of attorney and we are going through the legal guardianship so I was never notified when she was taken out of the building and they had no idea who took here or if she was coming back. And the front desk and the caregivers were giving out personal information of my mother’s which isn’t appropriate. Mom didn’t really like this place anyways so when we were told my mom wasn’t welcome here we moved along. Mom didn’t get enough solcialization while she was here.

The Nice Community I Saw

Cadbury was a good experience for me. They just didn't appeal to me. Nothing was wrong, they were not a fit for me. They were professional and ready to tour.

The remodeled old Cherry Hill Lodge. Felt dreary and dark. Residents need light to brighten their day and spirits. Did not have a sample room to show us. Money upfront along with community fee, all too high.

Take a tour

This looked like a nice community when we visited. The person that took us on tour was friendly. This community seems to offer a lot of daily activities. This community was just a little farther away than what we were looking for.

Nice Amenities!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had recently taken at this community for my father. I thought the staff did an excellent job presenting the facility to us as well as answering any questions we had. The residents seemed to be enjoying them selves in different activities and I like to see they had a lot of great events planned. It was clean and had a spacious floor plan which I liked. Overall it was a great place just not the right fit in the end decision for my father.

For The Most Part All is Well for My Wife, and I Here

My wife, and I are doing pretty well since our move to this community. It is a nice facility with kind people. They do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff is here is very friendly, and kind. It is an adjustment process, but this is a community I would overall recommend.

Nothing But Satisfaction From Me

My grandfather, he acclimated very good and fast. He is eating good meals. i am very happy with the staff, they are attentive and reach out to me if they need something. When I speak to nurses, they are kind and accommodating every time.

Upon arrival for our tour the facility lobby was very impressive. However, when we viewed the rooms they seemed a little worn. Also, info stated that there were studio rooms for dementia patients, but this was not the case.

Dirty, dark, cramped. Institutional appearance. Very few residents visible. Was not ready for our visit, had to scramble to get our tour started. The furnished room we were to see was unfurnished, dingy, and old in appearance. Very nice tour guide, but that won't improve chances of sending family member here. A "last resort" place.

Doing Good in This Community

My mother is doing well since her move to this community. She is safe, and everything has worked out very well. I'am comfortable with her move to this community.

A wonderful place

We have been so happy with Cadbury. The staff members are wonderful - so kind, professional, and dedicated! They have gone above and beyond to ensure that my mother is comfortable and well-cared for. They are patient with her, even when she has a million questions (that repeat because her short term memory isn't the best) and they go out of their way to find solutions. They take care of the big important things and the small details. (A small thing that really made my mom's day: There was a particular old movie that she really wanted to see, and she couldn't stop thinking about it. (She's not tech savvy so she can't do netflix or anything similar) Anyway, the activities director tracked it down and showed it for movie night!) Whenever I have concerns/questions they address/answer them immediately. Everyone I've spoken to has been so friendly! Also, my mom says the food is wonderful - and she's not an easy customer on that front. (Whenever I've eaten there I've been very impressed with the food too) There's a nice schedule of activities, and we really appreciate that the shuttle goes regularly around the area, including to the library. (Not something my mom is up to yet, but she loves reading, so eventually I think that will be a really wonderful perk). I'm trying to remember everyone and everything that's been wonderful and I'm sure I"m leaving things out. The facilities are really charming - the fireplace in the main hall is so cozy (my mom loves it). The main dining room is lovely, with a view of the water and trees. Move in was incredibly smooth. Brenda was amazing - measuring the apartment ahead of time, and even going back a second time when I asked her to measure a few things i'd forgotten to ask for the first time. She was awesome about answering all my questions too. Susan the director of AL has been super helpful and on top of things. Everyone has been so kind!

The only thing we're worried about is that some company just bought the place. We're praying they retain the excellent staff and don't do anything to mess with an organization that is working tremendously well. If they shift the priorities away from top notch care towards greater profits for shareholders or more surface level bells and whistles it will be a tragedy. Hopefully they are honest and well-intentioned and will leave things as they are.

Really Great

What we really were drawn to was the Life-Care, my mom really wanted that option and it was the only place we found that at. I do not think there is anything that could be improved upon, it was really great.

We are very happy with them so far.

We are very happy with them so far. I would give them a five. I would say the food is probably a three. I haven't eaten it, but I haven't had any complaints about it.

My biggest complaint is about the laundry; they told me they were going to do her clothes everyday but when I visit sometimes it is not done. Other than that, we're very happy and my mother is very content. She loves the food and they give her ample portions, very happy with the food service.

Very warm welcome from Andy. When you walk inside you feel like you just walked into an Aspen ski lodge. There is a full size swimming pool that is 3.5-4' deep, a large library, and a formal dining room. The only downside to the facility is how large it is. My father is suffering from Alzheimer's and was afraid that he might get lost inside the facility.

MK Review of Cadbury Cherry Hill

My mom is just ending her first month at Cadbury, but all indications to date are very positive. The care staff seems genuinely concerned and actively engaged in my mom's care. My mom seems to be enjoying herself, taking part in activities and generally happy to be living there.

Cadbury Senior Living in Cherry Hill--AWESOME!!!

Just wanted to say thank you to Carl Prasch for all his hard work and kindness during our search for the right new home for our Uncle. I would also like to thank Arnie Weiner for his help in making in work for him on the business end.

After moving him in and unpacking, I was truly impressed and overwhelmed with the kindness and help of all the residents and staff. Everyone from the front desk staff, security, dinner room, housekeeping, maintenance and the residents who happen to be very involved in the community. Everyone was has been and continues to be so kind and helpful.

We looked very hard at all the aspects of the senior living facilities we visited, and we visited from the independent living to skilled nursing unit. Cadbury provides excellent qualities in all areas from cleanliness and organization, to kindness and caring. We visiting several times at random times the rehab and skilled nursery, as well as touring the facility as a whole and found it clean, safe and efficient.

These last few weeks have truly been an adventure and an education into the “Senior Living World”.

Selfishly I am glad he chose to move to Cadbury's independent living as I know he will continue to be happy and safe and that there is a quality skilled nursing facilities to care for him if the time should ever come.

Thank you again and looking forward to seeing everyone around the “house”

Best for the day
Barb

Friendly, accommodating care staff

Although my loved one has only been here a short time I am already very impressed with Cadbury at Cherry Hill! The staff have all been wonderful, they are very understanding and capable when it comes to my loved one's needs. I also really appreciate the effort they put into encouraging the residents to participate in the activities. It's a very nice place overall, and I would recommend it highly!

Great place, I have two loved ones here!

I think they do a fantastic job at Cadbury at Cherry Hill! I have two family members here, both my mother and my grandmother, and they both seem to really enjoy it here! The facility itself is beautiful, well kept, and clean, and the staff are all very friendly! Cadbury has a lot to provide for their residents, both my loved ones are very well taken care of, and they even do a great job with the food!
I'd like to specifically mention the gentleman we worked with in sales, Carl Prasch. He really made the whole experience very pleasant! He worked with us throughout the whole process, and did a great job helping Mom get situated and integrated into the community after she moved in.
It has just been a very good experience overall, and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into senior living in the area!

Very friendly people!

I moved to this place with a friend, and we are both very pleased with how things have gone! I was very impressed with how friendly everyone is here, from the staff to the other residents. The people that live here have been so welcoming! They went out of their way to make my friend and I feel welcome, and told us that they understood it would be hard for us to remember so many new faces and that they would greet us every time they saw us until we knew everyone by name!
My one complaint here is that I feel the food could use improvement. They've got plenty of variety, you always have a few options to choose from, but the quality and temperature of the food itself can be hit or miss.

Very nice place!

I have had a great experience so far with Cadbury at Cherry Hill! I was so impressed with the tour that I knew this was the place for me. Throughout the whole process everyone has been very helpful and very thorough, and just really made a great first impression! I have been here for some time now, and the staff continue to be as friendly and helpful as the day I moved in! I'd like to specifically mention Carl Prasch, the gentleman in marketing that I worked with, as being particularly helpful!

Just touching on some of highlights

I moved into Cadbury Senior Residence almost six months ago & am still patting myself on the back for the decision to come here. Independent living is NOT lonely living, so many activities and yet as much privacy as a resident wants.

People are very friendly & welcoming here, both the staff and the residents, I do think the no tipping policy is very helpful in that respect, Actually we contribute some money in Oct/Nov & it is split among hourly workers for the winter holidays, People seem very satisfied. (voluntary of course)

The CRA( Cadbury Residents Assn) has lots of committees and we are welcome to get involved.

One of the very best parts is the "host" committee. When a new resident enters she/he is guided by someone who has been here for a while. That person sees that we are introduced to neighbors, are acclimated to the place & made aware of opportunities for participation.

I just love it here, daily appreciate how lucky I am.

Finally, very important, Cadbury is pet friendly. That was huge for me. Would not go to heaven without my Bonita.

Do not recommend!

I have a relative who is now in hospice at Cadbury and we were shocked at what is considered hospice care there. She was alone in her room, with no companionship, when we arrived, and only one nurse came by during the three hours we were there to inquire about dinner choices. (My relative cannot eat anymore so we were surprised and annoyed that the nurse did not recognize this. She also did not check in with my relative or with us. My relative seemed depressed and very lonely and at one point began to cry while stating that she did not want to be there.

My father and mother had hospice care, and it was a much different, and supportive, experience.

I would never recommend Cadbury.

Review of Cadbury at Cherry Hill Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Cherry Hill, NJ

The facility looks like a former lodge, which it was. Decor is dated. Lighting is very dim. Memory care section appears to be in basement. Truly get the sense of being locked in. Not the palce for Mom.

Marketing Director

I’m sorry that you had a bad experience. We are in the midst of making upgrades to the community, and our services; if you’re interested in learning more, or in arranging a personal tour, please contact the Marketing Director at [removed].

All in all everything is going well and we are very happy with them.

We used both the memory care side and the independent side. The independent side was great. The staff was very nice. There really isn't anything that needs to be improved there. The memory care side could use some attention, and some more supervision. All in all everything is going well and we are very happy with them.

2 thumbs down

The tour was not the best. The facility seemed dated and some areas were not as clean as they could have been. My husband and decided not put my mother here because we felt she would be depressed and would not enjoy her stay. I think the place needs more lightening and the staff need to smile more. It didn't have that home feeling so we decided against it.

Marketing Director

Hi, this is Tiffany McGovern, the marketing director at Cadbury at Cherry Hill. I appreciate you taking the time to come visit Cadbury at Cherry Hill and I am very sorry that you did not have a great visit. I realize that some areas may feel dated, but I assure you that we are working on updating and remodeling Cadbury at Cherry Hill and we employ high standards for cleanliness. If I can be of any assistance to you and your family at this time or in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at [removed].

Great place, clean & fine location.

Myfamily & I made our first visit yesterday & loved Cadbury, it's location, it's choices of rooms/suites & the affordability. Clean, fresh & open, even a swimming pool!

I am deciding what to do with the remainder of my life & if I decide to leave my condo (leaning that way) this will be my choice.

I'm considering Cadbury bec...

I'm considering Cadbury because of its reduction in price.

Turned off by decor

We toured this location and I was not impressed by the decor. It was a former clubhouse/meeting hall, and it shows. It was dim inside, and the wood paneling was dark. There was also a noticable odor when we toured, and cobwebs around the windows.

Visited - application in process - li...

Visited - application in process - like the CCRC concept - room size good- interior corridors-enclosed 3 season balcony overlooking pond

Once you move into your apartment at Cadbury, you will feel right at home. We take care of maintenance, utilities, housekeeping and linens. You will enjoy delicious meals in our Lakeside Dining Room or Friendly Cafe. The living is easy and comfortable at Cadbury.

The Lodge at Cadbury is the best choice for assisted living. We offer a secure living environment along with many services such as medication management and assistance with activities of daily living. Licensed nurses are available seven days a week. Physicians and rehabilitation therapists are available on site.

Cadbury Gardens assisted living offers compassionate assistance including specialized staffing and programming for those who experience memory impairment. Residents are provided a secure area including a large community room with access to a beautiful memory garden and gazebo.

Cadbury Nursing and Rehabilitation Center will enhance each individuals' ability to function optimally while placing a premium on respect and dignity in a supportive and caring environment. Our commitment is to provide each individual with a wide variety of nursing and therapeutic services designed to promote continued independence to the greatest degree possible.

Cadbury at Cherry Hill for over 28 years has offered exceptional services guided by Quaker tradition and philosophy.