Chatham Commons - Cary, NC

Chatham Commons - Cary, NC has yet not published prices.

Horrendous

I moved my father into this community, and he was only here for three weeks before we moved him into another community. The place is just horrendous. My father is paralyzed, so he needs a lot of assistance and supervision. However, my father was often left unsupervised for long periods of time in situations where supervision is necessary such as in the restroom, the shower, during medication times, or when he was sick. I had to clean him up once when he was ill. Even when he triggered the call system, no one came to help. It terrifies me to think of what had happened if he had fallen during his stay there. I called their corporate office to report all of these issues, but not once did I ever receive a call back or any sort of follow up. I spoke with the director of the facility as well, and while she is a lovely woman, she was not able to help me solve these issues. It’s possible that Chatham Commons is going through a transition period, as they had lost a lot of their staff at the time, however, that is no excuse for the [Removed] level of care and the frequent disregard received by the residents there. I cannot recommend this community to any person on any level. If you have any alternative, please do not place your loved one here.

Making updates to the building

Chatham Commons is an older community so they do have an issue with a smell, they are doing their best to fix that. They starting doing renovations and upkeep. We moved my mother from one facility to here.I would suggest if you are doing the same to have the two communities communicate with each other instead of doing it yourself.