The Chateau On Capitol Avenue - Sacramento, CA

Offering elegant surroundings, generous amenities and a range of services, including independent and licensed assisted living.

I Had A Visit At The Oldest Community

This was the oldest of all the facilities I went to. It is in a nice part of town. I am sure they would have had suitable care. One of the rooms had a smell to it and the doors were to small. It was also under construction. The people were very nice and they tried to do a good job. It is going to be sold next June and they wanted to give us a huge discount but it was not what we were looking for.

My Brother Seems Happy There

It is being sold, so they are going to have a different owner and things might change. I think the meals were superior though. I looked around the place and my brother seems very happy there, he thinks it is fine.

Mom loves the place

My 91 year old mother has been at Chateau on Capitol Ave. for about six months and has adapted well. She has made many new friends and is enjoying life there. The staff are very attentive and I'm impressed that every staff member calls her by name. It is a personal touch that I find endearing. Her room is always clean and she loves the food. I am comfortable with the level of care she is receiving and believe this move will add quality years to her life. My brother and sister have commented on the improvement in her health, attitude and her out look on life. Would recommend this facility to those who are looking for a quality facility to care for their family members.

Good choice

From the start the staff was very helpful in getting my Mom settled. My Mom is living in a community which keeps her active and engaged in life. She unsolicited told me she is very happy and that the move was the best thing for her. She had to move 300 miles and leave a community she was doing very well in but at age 90, independent living puts a great deal of stress on all of the family. Now everyone, especially my Mom, has piece of mind. Now we can enjoy visiting our mother and not have to worry her about our concerns for her well being. That is if she has time for us, she has met many new friends and spends her time in their company. This was a good choice and an even better result.

Review of Chateau On Capitol Avenue Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Sacramento, CA

Everything about this location seemed to please Bettie. She forgot about NEEDING a kitchen! The lobby, dining area and activity rooms are very nice. The view from the suite is excellent too.

Have toured twice, once to ...

Have toured twice, once to see grounds/public areas, a second to view rooms. Strong possibility. Friendly staff. Residents seem content. Many activities on/off site. Hoping to bring Mom here. Possibly a five star after parent visit.

Small Units

They had meals a day with no exceptions. My mom wanted to have some flexibility there because she was interested in being able to cook for herself sometimes. Some of them had full kitchens but not all of them and they were small units.

Great Service!

My aunt lived there and it was good - they took very good care of her. She needed the highest level of care and they gave it to her. She did move out but they even allowed her to come back when she was dying to be in her own apartment and in her own environment. I thought that was really great. They were great!

No Memory Care

I actually really liked this place but I didn't do anything with it because they don't have memory care at all and I knew that we might swing in that direction so I didn't want to place my mother somewhere that didn't have the possibility of memory care.

Very nice place; however, it has more...

Very nice place; however, it has more activities than my mother would use. I think we would be paying for something that she doesn't need.

mid town, upscale, multi-story, res...

mid town, upscale, multi-story, resident parking underground butno guest parking, expanded care in same room, luxurious dining w/windows on ground floor, daily rating