Sagepoint Senior Living Services - La Plata, MD

Sagepoint Senior Living Services - La Plata, MD has yet not published prices.

• Rehabilitation

Awesome Place

Sagepoint is a wonderful nursing home and the staff is great. They take great care of my uncle who is now a long term resident there.

kpearson

Thanks so much for your review!

Mom's home away from home.

My mom was at Sagepoint for almost 3 years until she passed away [Date removed]. I want to say that in that time she was loved and cared for by the special people that have decided to do this kind of work. The care that was given to her was very good. And I would recommend Sagepoint to your family member. The reason I didn't give it a 5 is because there is always room for improvement.

Returning Patient

This was the 2nd time I have been at Sagepoint. The first was 3 years ago. I had a stroke. Sagepoint was an amazing experience for me. The staff couldn't do "enough" for me. The rehabilitation was so successful, everyone could not believe that I had a stroke. When I had my current "issue", I requested to go back to Sagepoint. The next time was equally as good. They seemed to want to do whatever it took to make you comfortable. The bottom line- They care. That is why they are the best.

Loved my stay

As bad as I hurt, I found the care at Sagepoint above anything I ever heard or expected. The care I received there was exceptional in everything from bathing to dressing. From morning to night all you had to do was put on the light and an angel appeared. The therapists were wonderful in hurting you so gently. From the Sagepoint staff to the nurses and therapists, there is nothing to be improved on. The cleaning ladies were amazing. Always there keeping things so clean. The guards who made you feel so safe at night and so graciously walked my sister in law to her car one night. The staff who prepared the delicious food three times a day. Also I can’t leave out the people who come to get blood and take your vitals night and day. Keep up the great things you’re doing. You’re amazing.

Best Rehab

We would like to thank you 1st for letting us in, 2nd all of the doctors, PA, nurses, nurse aides, all helpers, all therapy girls, towel people, cleaning girls, cafeteria girls, even the blood getter. Everyone was kind and helpful during our stay. We will miss you all. If we need a rehab facility it would be at Sagepoint.

Pleased

I am very pleased with everyone during my stay. I couldn't have had a better room. Both [name removed] & [name removed] would not have been any nicer. They did everything I asked them. I really enjoyed my stay.

Memory Care

I feel very fortunate to have Sagepoint Memory Care for my mom. Their caring, professional staff have helped us during our most difficult times. I so appreciate all that they do!

Happy Staff

I just wanted to thank the entire staff of the 300 floor for the excellent and professional care you gave my mother, [name removed]. I love to see people working with a happy and joyful spirit and seeming to love their job, which is exactly what this staff portrayed.

Great care

My mom, [Name removed], was in Sagepoint Rehab for approximately 3 weeks. The care she received from every department was excellent; nursing, PT, OT, ST, clerical, dietary, cleaning, beauty salon! Everyone was friendly, caring, reassuring and competent. Thank you all so much!

Great Facility

Sagepoint was our choice for recovery care for my Husband. It was the best decision we made. The facility is attractive and functional. The staff from the receptionist, administration, nurses, aides, and physical therapy people were caring and upbeat. Even the meal service and maintenance people made us feel at home and were willing to do whatever it took to make my husband's stay comfortable. I would recommend Sagepoint to anyone who needs nursing and rehab care.

Thanks so much for your kind review!

Work together to help people

Please understand its not all the nursing aids that need retraining but some Do! I have witnessed first hand what goes on I have been to several nursing homes and sage point, this is the worst one by far the food you givery to the patient is cold who wants to eat cold food? Some of the nursing staff stated they wouldn't eat there, Now what does that tell you! Keep more of a EYE your elderly patients. Why does it take so long for someone that is in need of help to get the help? Unstaffing? Poor management? The lack of caring for the patient? Wow you guys need a overhaul seriously, please revise your situation and please take care of the elderly and just not the rehab, that's what I see rehab gets full attention and the elderly get treated like a burden!

kpearson

We are terribly sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience and would love to talk further to resolve any concerns you may have. Our organization is committed to providing quality care to all patients and their families and would be interested in learning more of your experience so that we can address the aforementioned concerns. Please feel free to contact us by phone or in person. Thank you.

NO COMPASSION

To whom this may concern,
My mother has been treated poorly, the aids do not do there job correctly, I also see NO COMPASSION WHAT SO EVER FROM YOUR AID STAFFF! I see patients crying for help and it takes 20 minutes for them to get the patient, as for my mother let's start by saying she gets treated like she is a burden from the Aids, the nursing staff not so much....nurse Lisa is wonderful to my mother she shows compassion for those in her care!!!!, needless to say you may want to check who does the hiring of the nursing Aids, they need to be retrained or find something like doing. If they are just doing this for a job they are in the wrong profession, you have be able to have compassion for the elderly treat them like you would your on family member but I do not see that from your staff. Also I have never seen a doctor on site not once I'm there all the time what will it take for you guys to get the proper nursing Aid staff to do their job correctly , check on the patient more then once in a hour, it's completely wrong how things are run there come sage point get your staff on the right track, how can you bee voted one of the best in the state of Maryland and treat your patients with NO compassion!

Great place

From the beginning to the end of stay, everything has been excellent. The therapist asked me my goals for my husband and they were all met and exceeded. It will be very nice once the new wing with private rooms is open. My thanks to all of the staff for an excellent job.

kpearson

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are pleased that you were satisfied with the services we have provided to your loved one. At Sagepoint we are dedicated to providing high quality care and creating an environment that enhances health and wellness for our patients, residents, and participants and appreciate all feedback from those we serve and their families. Thanks again!

Great Stay

I spent 10 days in the rehabilitation wing. During my stay, I received high quality nursing care and therapy care. Although everyone did a wonderful job, there are a few who stand out and deserve to be applauded. They would be Stephanie, my day RN who was right on top of everything, and Shannon and Connie my day CNA's and Donna my night shift CNA. That is not to say the others were not wonderful, but these girls stand out and are a credit to their profession. I would also like to compliment Veena and Vandela my therapists. They put me through my paces and got me on the road to a good recovery. They are super!

Home Care Support

I just want to thank you again for the excellent care you provided for my mother, Myrtle [last name removed]. I greatly appreciated the kindness and support that was given to her. The caregivers became a part of our family. They helped me in ways that are too much to put into words. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Great Driver ADS Program

My husband enjoys attending Sagepoint's ADS program. This is in part not only because of the activities and caring staff of the center, but also because of the service provided by Lawrence [last name removed] his bus driver, and the friendship and trust he has developed with him in such a short period of time. Lawrence displays a unique level of patience and respect for my husband, and I am sure that he does the same for all of the participants he is assigned to transport on a daily basis. He has an engaging and exceptional personality that my husband looks forward to during his daily interaction with him. I wanted to share our experience with any who may be considering the ADS program.

Loved it

I have never met so many dedicated people with one goal. To make each person better!

Assisted Living

When our mother entered this caring environment, she was seriously struggling with health issues. The staff not only gave her a home, but saved her life. She is happy and thriving.

Adult Day Services

Adult Day Services has provided peace of mind while I work. The staff makes Mother smile; she is comfortable here. Their compassionate staff provides superb care.

Great People

I have never met so many dedicated people with one goal, to make each person better.

Rehab

The consideration, kindness and gentleness of every staff member that I encountered surpasses my expectations. As it goes, no one ever wants to be an in-patient, but I have had the best stay I can imagine. The aides, nurses and definitely the therapists all made me feel right at home. I have never been in a rehabilitation facility prior to this one, but I can say with honesty that if I ever need these services again, I would definitely want to return to Sagepoint. There were some staff members that stood out (in my opinion) more than others. Well, actually they all gave me the A1 in services. I would highly recommend Sagepoint to anyone seeking rehab services. As much as I look forward to going home, I will also miss them.

Would Choose Again

I am happy that I was accepted into this facility. The nursing staff and therapy staff were very enjoyable and helpful and my roommate was excellent. I would choose it again and recommend it to friends.

Excellent Physical Therapy

I received excellent service by the physical therapy staff, especially Becky. The nursing staff was also excellent. The food was some of the best food I've received in a medical facility. Finally, when I first arrived the TV selection was poor but during my stay, senior TV was installed and I was very happy to have my sports channels.

Rehab

Highly recommend. Very pleased with the care. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. This made the stay pleasant. Rehab was very helpful.

Great Staff

I can't even put into words how amazing the staff is here. Through the time my grandmother was there and her passing they treated us so well and took amazing care of her. They made the last moments we had with such a special lady in our lives much more bearable. I can't thank them enough for all they did for us and her. Rip Cora Pipes.

Great place

My mom and dad have both been patients at Sagepoint Rehab a total of 5 times. This last time being my mom. These comments easily reflect our familiar opinion and evaluation of all 5 admissions. The care, concern, love, and professional excellence has always been consistent with excellent leadership. The staff excel in following protocol as well as bringing a sensitive, caring, personal touch to their job performance. The physical therapists are so dedicated as well. Mom's progress was amazing and she's a difficult woman! They never lost patience with her. All of the staff are "special people." If I could give a higher rating, I would.

Highly Recommend

Consider them as the first and only choice. You will be amazed just how rapidly your abilities improve. Highly, Highly Recommended.

Great Facility!

I was here for 3 weeks. When I first came I could hardly get into a wheelchair by myself. My progress here has been very good and even though I still have problems with numbness in my legs, I have learned to manage it so I can get about. Everyone here has been extremely nice to deal with and very considerate of my needs. I would highly recommend this facility to anyone who needs help.

Not for Rehabiliation

This nursing home should not be considered as a rehab. My mother entered this place for rehabiliation following her stay at NRH, and according to the nurse, she became depressed and needed medicine which made her sleep (without consulting the family). The staff at rehab refused to work with her because she was sleep. We, the family, are informed at the staffing meeting about the depression medicine, and also that rehab is discharging her because there is nothing that they can do with her in this condition.
Also, the nurse insisted that we were committing my Mother for LTC (long term care); even wrote it on her paperwork. When we finally got it straight, that my mother was there for rehab only, they moved to have her released within the next 2 days.

kpearson

We are terribly sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience and would love to talk further to resolve any concerns you may have. Our organization is committed to providing quality care to all patients and their families and would be interested in learning more of your experience so that we can address the aforementioned concerns. Please feel free to contact Teresa Robinson, VP of Clinical Services, at [removed] or by calling [removed]. Thank you.

Very nice place

We looked into this community while searching for care options for a loved one. Charles County Nursing Home (which is now called Sagepoint Senior Living) is a very nice place, and ranked high on our list of places we toured. They have a great track record, and we personally know a few families who have placed loved ones here. They are definitely worth a look if you are searching for care in the area.

kpearson

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are pleased that you were satisfied with our facility. Be sure to keep us in mind should you need any future senior living services as we would be happy to help. Thanks again!

Going well overall

They've done a great job looking after my loved one so far at CCNRC! They are a non-profit organization, and I think the facility and the staff are fantastic. They've been able to handle all of my loved ones needs, and I think they do a good job looking out for all the people who live here!

kpearson

Finding the right senior care can be demanding. You can count on Sagepoint for advice and answers. Our community-focused, nonprofit organization has served generations of Southern Maryland families with experienced advisors, trusted caregivers, and excellent care.
Sagepoint offers a continuum of senior living solutions that no one else in the region can match. At every point in senior care, you can rely on a wide array of services, innovative programs, and homelike living environments. So you know you have the right care for your loved one today, and can continue to serve your family if your care needs change.

Services include: Adult Day Services, Rehabilitation, Assisted Living, Long-term Care, Home Care, and Memory Care.

City Info

La Plata is a small town of just under 9,000 residents in Southern Maryland.

· Walkability score: Average. It would be a nearly one mile walk into the town from Sagepoint but for seniors who choose to walk there is a pathway next to the road. The older town area on and around Charles Street has new concrete pathways to walk around town. The area of La Plata on Crain Highway that has some of the bigger box and grocery stores is not walkable, requiring a bus or car to get around.

· Median age in the zip: The median age of La Plata is 37.3 years. Though the senior community is more diverse with the average residents' age being 52.6.

· # of senior housing facilities in the zip: There are three housing facilities in the area including Sagepoint. The Genesis Elder Care Center, and Options for Senior America are the others.

· Average weather info: La Plata is in a subtropical environment meaning the summers will be hot and humid, the winters cool and relatively mild.

· Veteran's facilities in the area: None.

Transportation

Though La Plata is a small town it still has a few public transit options to choose from and excellent specialized services for seniors.

· Buses: The red LP bus line has a convenient stop outside the Clark Senior Center, right next to the Sagepoint facility. The bus route takes seniors into the older part of town on Charles Street and makes stops further north on Crain Highway. The cost is only one dollar for seniors for an all-day pass or 50 cents a trip.

· Trains: None.

· Taxis/Ride Shares: Options like uber are available in La Plata. Downloading the VanGo app is a great way to navigate the transportation options. The app has fares and schedules for all buses in Charles County. The app also lets seniors access specialized services. These services include ADA transportation, door to door service for seniors 60 and older up to 12 times a month, and subscription service for transportation based on dialysis needs.

Health and Safety

La Plata has some great Health services nearby including the University of Maryland Charles Regional Medical Center that has a range of medical services.

· Hospitals in the area: The UMCRMC Hospital also operates its own urgent care facility across the street from the hospital. This can be accessed with no appointment and has extended hours seven days a week.

· Specialty medical practices: Capital Area Orthopedics is a great service to have for seniors with orthopedic needs. Advanced Dermatology and cosmetic surgery also has services that seniors can take advantage off for all their skin care or cosmetic needs. Seniors also often have physical therapy needs making La Plata therapy and wellness a great resource just down the road.

· Crime rate in the zip: Crime in the La Plata area is less than the national average in most all crime statistics. Theft accounted for around 75 percent of all crimes in La Plata in 2015.

Sports and Leisure

La Plata has several places for sports and leisure but the greatest resource is the Clark Senior Center, a luxury for seniors to have right next door.

· Senior Centers: The Clark Senior Center is run by Charles County and provides a multitude of senior enrichment activities. Everyday there is a schedule of different activities throughout the day that seniors can take advantage of including, fitness, art, walks in the park, yoga, bridge, zumba and much more.

· Golf courses nearby: The Hawthorne country club. Though it is geared towards membership the country club allows for public play on its golf course. Though to take advantage of the pool and tennis courts you will need to be a member.

· Tennis courts/clubs nearby: The Milton Somer community center has outdoor tennis and basketball courts to use, while La Plata high school also has some tennis courts and a track to exercise on.

· Gyms nearby - senior friendly (aerobics): Longevity Studios is a great senior friendly location.

Shopping and Entertainment

Much of the shopping in La Plata is limited to smaller stores in the older town area or Target and Walmart on Crain Highway.

· Clothes Shopping nearby: Target, Walmart, New York & Co., and Famous Footwear.

· Grocery stores: Safeway, Giant Food, and Weis markets on Crain Highway are the two main grocery stores to shop from in La Plata.

· # of Luby's near by: None.

· Other restaurants: McDonald's: Marie's Diner, Roy Rogers, Hunan Star, Chipotle, chick fil-a, Dunkin Donuts, IHOP, and the Green Turtle Bar and Grill. Casey Jones is also a great restaurant with live music that's been around for 37 years in the La Plata old town area.

· Movie theaters: The closest movie theater is at the St. Charles town center about 8 miles up Crain highway. The town center also has more shopping options like Macy's and Kohl's.

· Libraries: The Charles County Public Library is less than a mile from the Sagepoint facility.

· Senior friendly salons (men and women): The Colonial Barber Shop is a great local place for men or women to get their hair cut. The Loft Salon is a newer style beauty salon great for women but also takes men.

· Attractions: Tilghman Lake Park is one of the nice attractions in the area. The park has a beautiful lake with walkable path along the sides. There is bathrooms, seating areas, areas to grill, and a fishing dock.

Religious Facilities

There are many churches in the La Plata area.

· Religious facilities nearby: The Grace Lutheran Church is right across the street, in the middle of the old town there are several churches, La Plata Community Church, the Episcopal Christ's Church, the Masjid Abdul-Moghni Mosque, La Plata United Methodist Church, are just a few of the main churches that service the La Plata area.