Cedar Tree Assisted Living - Waldorf, MD

My sister visited here and said the house was clean and maintained well. The residents seemed happy and the staff was friendly. It would be a good fit for Mom.

Very well kept and clean. Residents seems happy. This facility has enough staff on duty compared to other small facilities in the area. I would recommend this facility. The doctor visits and nurse on call when needed.

Absolutely no activities for residents. Zombieville. Very rigid schedule. Lights out at 8:00 p.m. For the first 2 weeks my mom was there she did not see or get any vegetables. After her visitors started to bring her veggies and fruit, the home started serving them.

The home is very clean and the staff is friendly. Ok for residents who are not mentally active but my mom is still very sharp. Looking into placing her somewhere else.

Mom is doing well

Mom is doing well at Cedar Tree Assisted Living. They are doing a good job over there. I have no complaints. It has been a good experience. Overall I am very pleased with this facility.

Can't recommend it.

My husband was there for three days and I visited each day for hours. They left him in a dark room with a t.v. that only buzzed and had no picture. He asked for food (pudding or ice cream) and they didn't have any they said and gave me a cup of a pink liquid for him. They only refunded a part of the money I paid for the month, even though he was taken from there to the hospital and died one hour later.

Good Community

Overall it is a good community who prices are about average with comparable communities. They really do not have a lot of activities for the residents; most of them just watch TV or do crossword puzzles. They do not have a secure backyard so if they go outside they have to be watched by the staff. The laundry is done all together and sometimes it seems like maybe they use too much detergent. They take good care of the residents and they maintain it very clean.

Again this was a house, bei...

Again this was a house, being used for assisted living. I really don't think D would like such a handful of companions. Having said that, Ms. Wade was a most knowledgeable provider when it came to what was needed for care. She actually gave me all the necessary paperwork distinguishing the differences between NJ and MD. The place was immaculate, the food smelled delicious. All staff were friendly to visitors as well as residents. The residents looked well cared for and happy. This location had the loudest and most active [removed]

Very nice and spacious (wheel chair e...

Very nice and spacious (wheel chair excessible) People were warm and friendly

I was informed that this was not suit...

I was informed that this was not suitable for mom who needs extensive care.

Manager showed us both facilities. S...

Manager showed us both facilities. She was very patient with questions. They provide help with incontinence, dementia. They hold drugs in locked area and can get drugs from County Drugs for families if desired. Have nurse review every 45 days. Have cable hock up in rooms.Have security system which announces opening of any door or window to help dementia patients. Have fenced yard. Have RN on call 24/7. Staff trained in CPR, first aid and have passed a criminal background check. Assist with bathing and toileting as needed.

Cedar Tree Assisted Living is a gorgeous community in Waldorf, Maryland. We pride ourselves in being one of the finest senior communities in the state, allowing all of our residents the chance to live independently without giving up on their security. We work with most insurance companies to provide great quality care to each and every one of our many residents. This gives you the ultimate peace of mind in knowing that your family member is being cared for and is going to be in good hands while you are away. Our many amenities can help your loved one transition into living in an assisted living facility themselves. Here at Cedar Tree Assisted Living, we have a lot of helpful services that can make your life and the life of your loved one a lot easier. Transportation is always available so that your family member is able to get out and about without having to constantly rely on you being there to take them with your own car. Medical attention is also given to individuals who need to take medication or for residents who have dementia, Alzheimer's disease or who are bedridden. We want every one of our many residents to feel completely comfortable living in Cedar Tree Assisted Living home so that they feel like they are among friends. Our caring staff will ensure that your loved one receives the help and security that they require if you cannot always be there to give it to them all by yourself.