Rose's Place - Upper Marlboro, MD

Very Nice Community

I toured at Rose's Place and thought it was a nice community. We met with the facility director who guided us around. The place was very homey. It was bigger than what I was looking for, but still pretty small. The residents there seemed to get along well, but I was concerned because they didn't seem to interact as much as I would have liked. I also was worried about the fact that there were stairs that my loved one would need to navigate. Overall, the community was very nice, but not quite the right for for my loved one.

The Tour

The kind of home that I was looking for was not found in this home. The tour went okay but I was not getting a good sense for the place. It was alright but not the place for us.

Company:
Labeled the "Bed and Breakfast of Assisted Living",
Rose’s Place’s mission is to provide supportive, consistent care in a holistic approach, centered on each resident’s unique needs. Rose’s Place Incorporated was established in June 1997 in Upper Marlboro, Maryland by Rosemary Garrett a registered nurse. Family owned and operated, providing more than 17 years of professional care experience with a heart. Rose’s Place staff is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care affordably. We are committed to serving our seniors with dignity and respect. With a focus on providing services that will improve the quality of life for our residents in a warm, loving, family-like environment. Each staff is trained to provide a variety of home health care services. This also includes companionship and support, which is vital to senior care. We offer a 24-hour On Call R.N., medication administration, assistance with bathing, and home-cooked meals. We also provide a variety of leisure programs and even assistance with hair and nails! Our facilities are also devoted to providing special attention/care to those with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. We also have a monthly newsletter that is available for our residents and their families. Each contains lists of upcoming events and important Information on the process aging.
Location:
We have two great locations in Marlboro and Bowie Maryland. Each facility is located near parks and shopping districts, which makes is that much easier to find anything to do! Here at Rose’s Place comfort is priority.