Sunrise At Orchard - Littleton, CO

This is a beautiful property, and the staff seems very engaged. The home smelled fresh and nice, and was light and well maintained. Rated a 4 only because it does not accept Medicaid, which is necessary for Mom.

Homey warm atmosphere

The staff members here are good and they have been very responsive to our questions and concerns. They are working hard in getting my Mother-In-Law a set up routine to help her get acclimated. It is a well-kept facility and it has a good homey atmosphere. When I’ve been here around meal time the food smells good and the staff says they pride themselves on having good food. I would recommend this community to other families.

Visited on November 16, 2017. Not interested in facility with Assisted living and Memory Care. Parking was very difficult.

2nd Choice

It seemed great here It was very homey feeling.The had a black lab as the house dog. And people got excited for that. The location just was further away than we wanted. The staff was helpful and great.

I really liked how the facility truly looked like a little town - each unit even had it's own front window. I was especially impressed with The Club - I could see my Dad doing really well in a structure activity-based environment with a set schedule. We will definitely keep this option in mind.

Love this Place

My dad is here in this community and it is a clean and homey feeling. The caregivers are responsive and caring. The food is good although they have to feed him sometimes. Lots of activities if he wanted to attend them. The outside is nice too.

Terrific Community

Sunrise at Orchard is a terrific, fabulous community. The facility provided a very informative tour. It appeared that they offered many activities and it was very clean. It just wasn't the right fit for our budget.

Excellent activities!

My father really likes it here! He is very much enjoying all of the activities, exercise classes, and group outings that the facility has to offer. The facility is very clean and, though there was a slight issue with getting laundry services set in place, everything else is going quite smoothly.

Happy With The Community For Dad

My father-in-law is doing well in this community. My husband is happy with the care and for choosing the community.

We Are A Satisfied Family

We are very happy with the care my dad receives. They are a great facility with intimate care and has a good caregiver to resident ratio. They have been in touch with his needs and requirements. The staff are helpful and wonderful. He really enjoys the activities, socialization, and the food is wonderful. The only issue is the use of a call button. It's not a huge complaint or consistent but they happen to be slow with the response time.

This facility was very accommodating to us. [Removed] enjoyed himself. Large facility but still with a "homey" feel. Many social activities, room options, could be a budget "fit", and staff was great. Transportation for a field visit was being made available to the clients when we visited.

Sunrise at Orchard Review

My dad is currently at Sunrise. He seems to enjoy it and the entertainment and food is exceptional. The care services are good except they are really under staffed when it comes to the CNA's or whatever they are called. They are supposed to be to your room within 6 minutes of ringing your neck piece and it seems sometimes my dad waits 1/2 hour or longer. This is not the way a facility needs to be run. What if there was an emergency? I also believe the CNA's should have a tablet that they carry that tells them what the patients needs are and what needs to be applied to their individual care plans. No one person can remember what a patient needs daily. A lot of the patients have dementia and there is no way they can remember what needs to be done per patient. My dad is also on oxygen and 75% of the time they forget to put him on either the portable or his concentrator. The place is beautiful and the administrators and nurses try to do there very best but they do need to staff up on the help.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

Tender Loving Care!

Things are going very well for my aunt since she has been receiving care from Synergy Home Care. The caregiver that goes to her home is very nice and helpful, she tends to all of my aunt's needs. We have no complaints so far.

New Patient Ups and Downs

Put my dad into Sunrise last week. He does enjoy it, loves the nurses, administrators, atmosphere and food.

It has taken awhile to get his care needs all straightened out however, as we are still working on how his needs need to be met. I can see they are very short staffed when it comes to one on one care and at times my dad has to wait 1/2 hour to an hour in the evenings to be put to bed. The staff is in a hurry to get everyone taken care of and sometimes forget to put him on his oxygen, which is not good.

With the money they charge for the extra care they need to staff it with higher quality people. I should not have to remind the staff when things need to be taken care of or go to the higher ups.

Knowledgeable Administration!!

The bedrooms where very spacious and offered great amenities at this community. They seemed to have a great activity program available for the residents as well as a tasty menu with different options to choose from. I thought that the prices where a little to high for what they had to offer and did not like that they charged for every bit of extra help my aunt would get.

The Tour Came With Hard Sales

We were not comfortable with them. It was a good experience but with harder sales and I felt they did not seem to focus on my interests. It was a little dingy when walking in. I saw about 5 people coloring in the dining hall with the staff talking to each other and not really interacting with residents. The only complaint is they called me 4-5 times after the visit and after telling them I selected another community.

A Fair Tour

I toured this community for my mother and my tour was fair. The staff was kind and friendly. My questions were answered. From what I saw it is a nice and clean community. It was a fair tour, I just didn't feel it was the community for my mother and her needs.

Friendly Tour

I toured this community for my father. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. The room they showed me was nice and a good size. The staff was kind and informative. It was a good tour, but it was not the community for my father. This is a nice community with friendly people.

Very attractive facility, modern and bright. Surprised that a recliner chair was not provided for the respite apartment, but otherwise impressive. Services are paid for individually according to a chart, so the "assisted living" status is not an issue. When I added up the charges for the care my mom would need, it came out within a few dollars of the per day charge at Brookdale.

Mom is still trying to adjust

Getting my mother used to the idea of being a permanent resident at Sunrise has been a bit of a struggle. She is a bit on the younger side to be suffering from dementia and still trying to adjust to the idea of being there. The staff have all been very nice, welcoming, and very accepting of my mother. I do feel at times that they take the things she says personal but I know they are taking good care of her at Sunrise and that is what matters the most to me. Mom seems to enjoy the food and has even been on a few outings for lunch! All together it has been a good experience and as long as Mom is happy I am too!

Not A Good Experience

Sunrise at Orchard was not a very good experience. My parents are no longer there. They piecemeal charged you for everything. I didn't like that at all. I felt pressured to drop our doctor and use their doctor at the facility. A PA saw them and wanted to make a lot of changes. He called for permission to change their medication and I said as long as their health is not affected than it was okay. Well literally within 3 days my mom was a wreck. She had severe depression problems. She would literally scratch holes in her arms and legs. The PA also prescribed pradaxa for my dad and he developed diarrhea that was black and thick. He had to be taken to the hospital and it turned out he had internal bleeding from that medication. They also informed us that the laundry is all done individually and laundry wouldn't disappear or get mixed up and that wasn't the case. We were always having issues with that. It was an extremely bad experience and I would never go back.

Sunrise Senior Living

We are sorry to hear about your experience at Sunrise. Please email us with further details so we can learn more. You may email Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com and someone will be in touch. Thank you, Sunrise Team

great job

Sunrise at Orchard is expensive but the staff there are very good. They really do a great job . My mom has Alzheimer and they do a great job at handling her. I really have no complaints about this facility.

This was a nice well kept facility but it did have a lingering odor. We did feel that if mom were to live her they would be able to care for he. It is spacious and the staff we met were friendly.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding upkeep - we are sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with this. We have notified the community so they can address the issue. Thanks, Sunrise Team

They are doing pretty good so far.

They are doing pretty good so far. Everything I talk to them about they just jump right on it. They are really willing to work with you for anything you need. They seemed to be the best place for us. I liked the accommodations and the building.

This facility was NOT a good fit for us. The residents are expected to stay in their rooms and keep to themselves. My mom has dementia and has lost the ability to speak, so she was trying to communicate by squeezing someone's hand. This was not acceptable to Sunrise and we were told we needed to find a new facility. Mom also wanders and other residents were upset when she would go visit their rooms.

There was also a very high level of turn-over in staff and as a result no one ever knew quite what was going on and would "pass the buck" on to another caregiver who was not there and could not be reached. Overall, just a rotten experience.

Spend an afternoon in the facility you are considering and just WATCH what goes on and how the residents are treated before you make a decision.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We’d like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise, so please email us at Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

I loved the individual attention that they provided.

This is one of the places I toured, and was near the top of the list, when I was searching for options. I loved the individual attention that they provided. It felt good. I would have liked to see some transitional care for memory care. This was a really nice place though.

Nice place overall

Overall I think they do a good job at Sunrise at Orchard. The staff are all very friendly and professional, and they worked quickly to help our family during a time sensitive situation. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they take good care of the people who live here.

It's working out okay. Some things need to be improved.

It's working out okay. Their stairs need to be cleaned really bad, or re-carpeted really badly. I think they are a little overpriced, especially since there are things they can't help with. I'm not real familiar with how attentive and responsive they are since I am not there all the time. She seems to be busy all day long, so the activities seem to be good. I have eaten there one time and it was fine the time I had it. I don't think Sunrise is as good as it's advertised, but we like the size, and the feeling of it. It's more homey, there aren't as many people here as where she was before.

Sunrise Senior Living

. “Thank you for your message. We will be reaching out to the community regarding your maintenance concerns, but would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team”

Very Healthy

It’s very expensive, but they take really good care of my parents so I keep them. My parents really like it. There seems to be a really good social atmosphere that my parents like. My parents really like that. They’re very responsive. I called because my dad was sitting in his room all the time – I asked them if there was anything they could do. They responded with the Terrace Program which gets him involved so he feels like he’s contributing to the community. It’s really good.

Nice place, overall

Overall I thought they did a good job here. The atmosphere was pleasant, and there was a lot of social interaction between the residents, which I believe was very good for my loved one.

It's been a really good experience.

It's been a really good experience. The staff is a five plus. He is not thrilled with the food, he thinks it's blah, I would say a three out of five. The communication could be a little better, between the staff and the family, they seem a little disorganized. The friendliness of the staff and the way they treat their people here, was a big reason we chose this over others we saw, they're upbeat. They are just caring, and really watch out for the people here. They are loving and you can feel that when you walk in and they are respectful.

This is the only facility t...

This is the only facility that could handle my parents conditions. They've been a little diffcult to work with regarding timing paperwork, scheduling, etc. Really hoping my parents love this place.

Excellent Staff

I really like that they truly care about every resident. The staff takes the time to know all of the residents. They are very compassionate and understanding. They are always upbeat and they take really good care of our loved one. Knowing our loved one is well taken care of provides us with peace of mind.

Great Quality Care

They are very caring and would go out of their way to help us. We wished we would have found them sooner. It was a very nice change of pace then the other community we had our loved one at. They have extensive care for an assisted living community. They work very hard to provide the proper level of care. The quality of the care makes it worth the money. We would recommend Sunrise to anyone.

Visited on Friday May 3rd. ...

Visited on Friday May 3rd. Nice facility, higher prices than what we can afford for the level of care. Would need Medicaid support is my dad stayed here for a longer than 30 months.

I really liked this place, but for so...

I really liked this place, but for some reason my mom was a little put off there, the people were knowledgable and caring

I liked the care they provided, but f...

I liked the care they provided, but found the apartments to be very small. Was confused about their pricing.

Sunrise at Orchard has beautiful gardens and walking paths.

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.