Cascadian Retirement

My mom moved into the Cascadian about a year ago, and she is pretty happy. She is independent, and in good health. We liked the Cascadian because it offered a balance of independence and support services, and was much more affordable than many other locations. She has a one bedroom with a deck (and a view), and a kitchenette. The Holiday Retirement model (am assuming that most do not have full kitchens), which include three meals a day, would provide good value, but my mom doesn't eat in the dining room. She is pretty introverted, and I have talked to the activities coordinator (I think that is her title) about ways to help mom to feel more comfortable, but it hasn't worked out. I've eaten with her in the dining room several times, and it feels like there are firmly-formed groups at most tables. In other communities that I know about, the staff assigns seating in the dining room, which rotates. This does disadvantage those people who want to sit together, but helps the less sociable, like my mom. So, it becomes less of a good value when she is not eating in the dining room. I read the resident meeting minutes, and at a recent meeting, they discussed a new resident welcome committee – this would be great, even if mom is no longer a new resident. She has taken advantage of the field trips, and a few activities. The staff has been open about our requests to do modifications - put up curtain rods, for one, and seem open to residents wanting to make the place their own. One concern I have is the staff turn-over. In the past year, there have been changes to manager, assistant manager, office manager, facilities staff, dining room service staff and chefs. The latter can only be an improvement, because the meals that I have eaten with mom have been, to put it kindly, a mixed bag. As others have said, the decor in the communal areas is pretty dated, but that's not a deal breaker. The front door was replaced a few weeks ago, and they need to finish the interior framing where the interior door was removed. The staff is friendly, and many call mom by name, which is great. The Holiday Company needs to make it easier to log into the Wi-Fi – each and every time you are required to accept the user policy, and this added step just makes it more confusing for people who aren’t tech savvy, like my mom. So, overall, our experience is positive – there are a lot of plusses to the Holiday Retirement model, and I hope my mom is at the Cascadian for a long time.

The facility was clean but dated. Didn't see many residents utilizing different facilities. Toured 1 bedroom - it was nice but, so very small. [name removed] (our contact) was wonderful - answered all questions honestly.

We had a good meal but we're not givin a tour. The dinning room was clean. The people were nice and friendly.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and I'd like to sincerely thank you for reaching out to provide this feedback. We want to make Cascadian Place the best possible place to live for our residents, and can not do that with open and honest feedback. We are so happy to hear your reports of a clean dining room and nice, friendly people. We are sorry to hear you were not given a tour, however, and would love to understand from you if that was by choice or error on our end. We certainly apologize if the reason happens to be the latter, and would love to speak with you further if you have a moment. We appreciate this feedback very much, and wish you a wonderful rest of your day. Thank you!

We had a good meal but we're not givin a tour. The dinning room was clean.

Holiday Retirement

Such A Good Fit For Dad

This is such a good fit for my dad. He is enjoying living here so much. He is happy with the meal plan and his weekly housekeeping services. He is enjoying the other residents and playing cards with them. The staff has been very nice and helpful and I appreciate the communication they provide me since I live in another state. I would recommend them to anyone looking for the independent living.

My apt is bigger than I thought it would be

I absolutely love it here. All of the staff have been so helpful and my studio apt is bigger than I thought it would be. They have a lot of activities and field trips for those who want to take advantage of them, me I like bowling and I'm on a league and close to the bowling alley I use which is great. I look forward to going the dining room where I get to talk with the other residents and I enjoy the food too. This has been a great place for me.

It was a nice visit

We had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well for the most part. From what we saw the community looked nice and clean, the staff was nice, and our questions were answered. It was a nice experience, but it wasn't the right fit for my Aunt.

We have not been disappointed

They offer a lot of activities and the activities director has meetings with the residents to see about adding new activities. The food is great and they offer a wide variety of options. They staff have been friendly and helpful. The community is well kept and the best deal for what we were looking for. I would highly recommend this community.

Care for my father

This is a nice community for my father. The staff is nice and attentive to his needs. My father likes the menu and the dining experiences on the holiday occasions. They offer alot of nice small trips away from the community that are helpful for him. We would recommend this community for the great care and value for families.

A good tour!

I toured Cascadian Place and it was a good tour. The facility was clean and everyone there was very friendly. It was just not the place for me.

Everyone we met here were friendly including the staff. We visited this community on a day when the lunch choices were at their minimum due to ST. Patrick's Day so I really can't comment on the variety of the menu but the corned beef and cabbage were quite good. This is an older building but is well maintained and clean with no odors. The building is in an urban setting on a fairly busy street. Walking outside in a quiet serene environment would require a short car ride, in my opinion. The apartments are quite nice although they are all kitchenettes. There is no separate storage area so everything has to fit in the apartment. There are many activities one can participate in. The layout of the building was a bit confusing. Cascadian Place is part of the Holiday Retirement chain which adds the benefit of free use of other communities in the chain potentially reducing vacation costs, if you can take advantage of that situation.

I really like it here!

I am pleased with the apartment I got at the Cascadian Place. It is very comfortable with plenty of storage. The meals are very good, though they don't always serve what I like. But that is any place. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a comfortable place to live.

View of the Cascades

A Place for Mom gave us a list of 3 places to visit, based on how we described our desires for my husband's brother. Cascadian Place in south Everett was first, and we all fell in love with the wonderful entrance, the smiles and greetings of the current residents, the layout of the interior, all of the amenities for the residents, the gorgeous view of the Cascade Mtns. from the huge 1-bedroom unit with extra-large bathroom & kitchen areas. Visited 2nd place on the list, & knew we already had decided on Cascadian Place. Cancelled 3rd place. [Removed] in marketing offered a "90-day same as cash" rate lock in which we pd. equivalent of 2 months rent, plus a one-time only community fee; rate lock means as long as our loved one lives here, his monthly rental will never ever go up! All 3 meals/day, weekly housekeeping, 24/7 snacks and beverages, & van transport included in rent---among other things. Main meal served in middle of day; menu changes daily. Free van trips for necessities as well as fun activity outings. We signed contract next day & wound up participating in the weekly ice cream social occurring right then!! Our loved one enjoys meeting residents & hearing their stories, talking with veterans of various wars, delicious meals & snacks, his gorgeous view, being close to family, & many options available to him. We are relieved and appreciate the care and concern manifested by all of the administrative staff, as well as the concern and joy shown by residents. If more help is needed, residents are welcome to hire whom they wish to assist with physical therapy, bathing, medication monitoring/set-up, and any other assistance they might need above and beyond the services covered by Cascadian Place. Because Cascadian's services are many and varied, we do not anticipate requiring extras.
After seeing and experiencing everything (first 2 weeks of the new resident's occupancy, family is welcome to meals for free), we are deeply grateful to A Place for Mom for sending us to this wonderful place. (Maybe I should sign up myself!!) [Removed]. even came in on his day off to enable us to sign the contract for the unit we chose, as he had shown us 3. When head managers are off-site, they make certain the office is covered by other competent managers. Recently, new pendants were issued to every tenant; these enable tenants to push a button in case of emergency or become lost---even if they are off-site. We give Cascadian Place 5 stars plus. Do visit.

It's a Wonderful Place to be!!!

My father just moved in and so far he loves it. It's only been a month, but, so far so great. Most of the staff is super friendly, the others are very nice. The food is very good and there is soooo much of it! House cleaning/keeping does a very good job and are very friendly with everyone on site. Maintenance could be better, but, that's tough to do with only one man to do it all. Parking is pretty easy/good. The bus that serves it's tenants is easy to work with and the driver is very nice!!! I have yet to hear a bad word about much from any of the tenants and they LOVE to talk! I think this is a great place for anyone who needs little to no help in day to day life. It's a very friendly place!

Food Could Be Improved

I feel the food could improve and feel that it is at a rating of "3" and I will leave it at that. Otherwise the staff are good people, the community is kept clean and I get good care here. I feel they could have more activities available for those who cant go on outings. The bus should also has wheelchair access for residents like myself. I would 100% recommend this community.

Everything Is Working Out Well

My cousin is doing well at here at this community. I do not live in same state as her, but from what she has told, she is being taken care of very well. They are treating her good and she is comfortable. I know she is safe and in good hands. Overall everything is working out very well and we are pleased.

Mom Is Happy Here

My mother is really enjoying her time at this community. It is a really good looking community and everything is nice and clean. They have very good staff, they are good at what they do. She is very happy here and has adjusted well. Everyone is very friendly and kind. She likes the work out classes, she stays busy with all the activities they offer. The food is good, they do serve well balanced meals. I have already recommended this community.

Great Independent Living Place for mom

After checking out several assisted living places in Snohomish County, my mom settled on Cascadian Place. The price was right. They provide 3 meals/day, included in the price. According to my mom, the food is good. She had visitors one day, and all of her visitors were allowed to have a meal there as well, free of charge. The owners/co-managers were willing to work with my mom on price. Since my mom is still in the process of moving in, she hasn't participated in any activities yet, but hopefully will in the coming future.

Caring and friendly staff. Very clean. Price is told up front and stayed the same when signing papers.

I'm thrilled with Cascadian

I just think the staff and their friendliness is top rate. The staff is great. I'm so thrilled with this place. When you walk in you're greeted by the staff.

Very Helpful Staff

The friendliness of the staff is welcoming. They were very helpful and there is lots of activities, so that is a great thing. We liked the fact that they do the house cleaning once a week. The thing I don't like is that when we were moving in, there was a massive downpour and we noticed the water was leaking through. They need to replace all the decks, there is a lot of water damage.

Loved One Is Treated Well

After reviewing several options for a home for my father in law, he decided that he liked Cascadian Place the best.
My wife and I agree that this is the best choice. We have peace of mind that he is in good hands with the caring and friendly staff that is there. There are also lots of activities to keep him active.
We are so impressed with Cascadian Place that we are considering it for our own retirement community when the time comes.

Happy That My Dad Is There

The thing I think that they can improve on is that at times they seem a little unorganized. But the staff are very friendly and nice and they know their job. I am very happy with my dad being there, he really likes it too.

mother is very happy

My mother is very happy at Cascadian Place.

My only complaint is that it takes about an hour and a half for her to get her meals. The service is very very slow. That and there was no real orientation. She got a very quick rushed tour, then had to learn her way around on her own.

But she is very happy there and doing well there.

Wonderful home for mom

Moved my reluctant mother into Cascadia 2 months after my dad's passing. She is 95 and still pretty independent but isn't good about cleaning and cooking nutritional meals for herself. She is also a smoker so finding a place that allows her to smoke is difficult. She has a deck and can go out there to smoke.
We found everyone so friendly and so many activities she is interested in here. Hopefully she will enjoy her new lifestyle.
The place was so wonderful about letting family members eat meals with her and since I live out of town let me spend the first week with her getting her adjusted.
This is a place I would consider when my time comes.

very good experience

They are very kind and worked very hard to get my mother comfortable and doing things within the home. They did not just leave her to herself, but made sure that she was involved and took really good care of her. It was a very good experience all the way around.

I enjoyed visiting, and having lunch, at Cascadian Place. I really love the view and the access to outdoors from many apartments. I will contact them when and if I sell my house.

Cascadian is quick to get t...

Cascadian is quick to get to from our house which is a big plus. It's nice like all of the Holiday places with the great amenities. Two bedrooms at this place are especially nice as they have wrap-around decks and get light from east and west. It's quiet and seems friendly. One downside is there isn't much in the way of grounds to take walks or anyplace close by for that.

We are enjoying this commun...

We are enjoying this community. The management and staff are attentive and responsive to the residents' needs and requests. Thanks for the referral!

Everything is wonderful, we are very pleased with them.

Everything is wonderful, we are very pleased with them. They keep it clean, and the staff is friendly. It's a good value as far as pricing is concerned. There are plenty of activities for all different interests. We haven't had any complaints about the food. I really can't think of anything to improve it.

Located in the beautiful town of Everett, we’ll be your island of comfort in the middle of lakes, rivers and the Pacific Coast. You’ll enjoy the natural beauty of the region and the convenience of being centrally located near shopping, excellent healthcare and wonderful dining.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind