|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Complimentary Transportation
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
I enjoy living here!!
This community is great for me as it is close to the ocean and within walking distance to La Jolla Village. The staff are friendly and helpful. The food is good and they offer a good variety. The community is clean and well maintained. They offer a number of activities and outings. The residents are friendly and I would recommend this community.
I feel that I must share my experience with Casa because people and their safety are at stake. Seems unimportant but made me think it may be a bigger problem. I contacted Casa to send flowers to a memorial and they kindly recommended a florist and gave me specific instructions Which I followed exactly. Well, flowers were not delivered to the memorial, this was a big maybe 36 inch arrangement. When I checked back they told me it was a weekend and there is no staff for anything on weekends. So if your family members falls on the weekend nobody is available til Monday.
It's incredibly nice
I feel very, very fortunate to have found the Casa De Manana. It is incredibly nice. I'm very comfortable with my parents being there. I trust them and can sleep at night knowing that my parents are safe. The food has been fantastic. The staff has been very accommodating and friendly. Everyone is nice there. The value is excellent. The care services and activities are excellent as well. This is just a very nice place.
CA Retirement Communities We Visited
The ones we saw, except for Springs at Escondido, were all very good but my wife decided to stay home. I preferred the Casa de Mañana but my wife's first husband, who died of alzheimers, was there in a research program and was over medicated by the V.A. so she has bad memories of La Jolla. Paradise Village was our 2nd choice.
Thanks for your help
Was this review helpful?
Expensive - too close to oc...
Expensive - too close to ocean and moist weather - dress code for meals
Was this review helpful? 1
Good Activities and Socialization
I'd say it's a good value but not great. I'm from Arizona so everything in California is more expensive. The activities are good. It's right in the middle of La Jolla so it has good access to the city of La Jolla. They have people come in and do music and lots of theme nights, like western night with dancing. They have daily shuttles to town and they give free transportation with in 5 miles, if you need to go to the doctor or the store.
It's my step mom that lives there. She likes it. It's a mental transition going form a house where your daily life is spent taking care of things to someplace where everything is taken care of. She's a little critical of the food but it was good in my opinion. They did a great job forcing her to become social. They make you eat with somebody different every day and they have new resident get-togethers so people that are new can bond. It's all about keeping active and social.
Was this review helpful?
Dedicated to their clients
They have more activities then our loved one can participate in. They were able to offer us immediate availability. They really show their dedication to their clients and their interest in keeping the residents as happy and satisfied as they can. The location was also convenient for our family.
Was this review helpful?
Casa de Manana is luxury for less than you might think…..
A no entrance fee policy allows you to invest or enjoy your savings. Casa de Manana’s reasonable monthly fee covers meals, housekeeping, linens, home maintenance and all utilities (except telephone and cable TV). There is an on-site health center with 24 hour emergency medical service, as well as round-the-clock security.
The perfect blend….
Casa de Manana brings together a perfect blend of luxury with the comfort of home. Whether you are conversing with friends in front of the fire, enjoying a spectacular sunset from your balcony, enjoying the panoramic ocean view from the library, or walking along the beach – there’s no mistaking it….Come and visit us today!
"La Jolla California is a coastal town just 15 minutes from San Diego that offers incredible peace and serenity. Famous for the cliff views, high-class dining and shopping, and the Seven Sister Caves, La Jolla is an amazing place to call home.
- Weather: August is typically the hottest month in La Jolla, with an average high of 82 degrees. The coldest month is December, with an average low of 43 degrees.
- Age: The average age of females in the area is 51.8, while the average age of males is 49.8.
- Crime Rate: Crime in La Jolla is 66% lower than the national average. It's also safer than over 80% of the other cities in California.
- Senior Housing: As a coastal town, La Jolla is a prime retirement area. There are over 25 private and public seniors-only housing areas, from rehabilitation centers to gated communities. Guided living communities and nursing centers are also available.
- Hotels: There are many accommodation options in the area, but the La Valencia Hotel is the most famous for its celebrity guests.
La Jolla offers a variety of ways to get in and around the city regardless of your needs. These include:
- Martina's Transportation: This company offers car service, shuttle service, and tours around the city. They're also available for large group transportation to events. Seniors are given a 10% discount off any ride.
- Trolley: Trolley service is available through the Metropolitan Transit System (MTS). These trolleys go to any popular destination in the area, including downtown San Diego. Seniors 60 years and older receive a discounted rate with a valid ID.
- Buses: The bus system is also run by the MTS and offers the same discounted rates as the trolley.
- Taxi: Some of the taxi services are La Jolla Express Ride, Andy's Cab, Coastal Cab Co, Yellow Cabs, and La Jolla Taxi Service.
Sports and Leisure
The coastal town of La Jolla has an array of activities and groups for seniors. Some of these are:
- La Jolla Recreation Center: Seniors can enjoy group outings and socials here as well as yoga, ballet, and tennis classes. There's a weight room and annual seniors-only dances as well.
- Library: The La Jolla Library offers special programs to its members. There's a bio-science lab and a 3D printer that patrons are allowed to use.
- Tennis: La Jolla hosts the La Jolla Tennis Club and the La Jolla Beach & Tennis Club.
- Golf: Torrey Pines Golf Course is a public 36-hole golf course. La Jolla Country Club is a private members-only club that hosts a challenging 18-hole golf course with tree and sand hazards.
- Parks: La Jolla has 18 unique parks of its own. La Jolla Shores Parks is a beach atmosphere with beginner scuba diving lessons. La Jolla Cove is the perfect place to explore while taking pictures of the cliffs and sea.
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve: This is a beautiful coastline state park perfect for hiking or beach walking with 2,000 acres of land to explore.
- Bike and Kayak Tours: Customers can tour the town of La Jolla via bicycle, explore the shore and caves in kayaks, and take snorkeling tours of the local water life.
Medical care is easily obtained in La Jolla with multiple care centers and hospitals. Some of them include:
- Scripps Memorial Hospital
- VA San Diego Healthcare System
- Thorton Pavilion
- UC San Diego Health Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center
- Prebys Cardiovascular Institute
- Shiley Eye Institute
- UC San Diego Jacobs Medical Center
La Jolla contains a large number of unique shops, boutiques, and plazas. A few are:
- La Jolla Village Square: This plaza holds stores such as Pier 1 Imports, ULTA, Cost Plus World Market, and Ross as well as dining options and a movie theater.
- Westfield UTC: An outdoor mall with higher-end stores, a movie theater, and a skating rink.
- Villa Norte Shopping Center: A small plaza in a more secluded area of town containing shops and restaurants.
- Amore Boutique: An Italian retail shop with shoes, clothing, and fashion accessories.
Dining and Entertainment
Dining in La Jolla ranges from small street vendors to high-scale fine dining restaurants, including:
- Brockton Villa Restaurant: A trendy restaurant with perfect views of the cove and French cuisine.
- Whisknladle Bistro & Bar: A unique dining experience with creative and artistic foods and drinks.
- The Marine Room: Fresh seafood and French cuisine with views of high tide on the shoreline.
- Duke's La Jolla: Hawaiian foods and an outdoor bistro.
- Herringbone La Jolla: A warehouse turned seafood restaurant owned by Chef Brian Malarkey (Searsucker).
Resting and relaxing in La Jolla is one of the more popular things to do. Some of the places available are:
- Birdie Day Spa: Offers customers aging treatments and specialty facials.
- Massage Green Spa: Specializes in the Hot Shell cellulite treatment and saunas.
- Kundalini Windansea: A yoga and meditation center, this is the perfect place for beginners and experts. Special discounts are available for new members.
- Akasha Yoga: A yoga studio featuring open window views over trees.
La Jolla may only be minutes from the bustling city of San Diego, but it showcases the peace and serenity of a quiet sea and natural shoreline. The town offers many amenities, from day spas to kayaking. Safety is well preserved and medical care easily accessible via any one of several modes of transportation.