Carmel Place - Charlotte, NC

This property was great. The proximity to all family members is excellent. We are hoping that we can get mom and [name removed] to come for the "3 day" trial visit. We also noticed there is a community in Hickory that is also a Holiday property and the "exchange" idea is a much positive point. The monitoring system was a huge plus also. Now to convince them...

Nice accommodations, activities...
The place was abuzz with activity.

Hope The Food Will Get Better

Mom is doing very well since she moved here. It's been a little over a month and she is starting to do some activities and has met a few new people. We love the staff they are very friendly and nice. She is comfortable in her apartment. The community offers different levels of care so if some reason she needs to be assisted living she can stay there and move to a different wing. The only thing we don't like is the food there is LOTS of room for improvement in that area.

Good Community, Tour was Nice

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. My tour guide was friendly, and informative. All my questions were answered. It was not the right fit for us, but our tour was a good one.

really good tour...great lunch, spacious rooms and reasonably priced. am weighing out all factors in order to make a decision for placement of relative, not sure it will be a suitable location as there is absolutely no one in management/staff on the premises at night.

The location and facility was very nice. [Removed] was amazing. I really loved that he knew the residents well. The residents were clearly enjoying themselves and were quite social - it felt like a great community.

Happy

I'am happy with my move to this community. Everyone has been very welcoming.

Wonderful Staff!!

I have to say the staff at this community where extremely pleasant to work with. They provided my mother and I with lots of great information and a detailed tour of there facility. They offer a meal plan and have a great activity program to keep the residents busy throughout there week. It just ended up not being the right fit for my mother and we decided on another place.

The residents of this facility were the motivating factor for my grandmother's decision to move here. Cannot sing enough praises for this facility and its programs for seniors!

Still adjusting but going well.

My parents moved here recently and there was a rocky start at first and a little misunderstanding but they have since been acclimated. They've participated in a few activities but are still in the adjustment period. I have eaten dinner and lunch there and the food is pretty good. The service is a little slow though. We liked this community because of the location and the activities they offer.

Absolutely gorgeous!

I absolutely loved this community. The staff was super and they were very helpful and understanding. I really wanted to go here, but I was afraid that something would happen to me and I would have to move again.

Great quality of care!!

I am very pleased with the quality of care that my mother has been receiving from all of the staff at this community. All of the staff are lovely and have made my mom feel right at home. She has recently been involved in many different activities and seems to really enjoy the company of the other residents. The only thing she said could use some improvement is the meals they provide throughout the week.

Temporary visit

Carmel is a great facility. Mom's issues were meals, which at 93, taste buds are not like they used to be. Facility was clean, odor-free, This was her 2nd visit and she's really warming up to the place.

Friendly People!!

My mother is doing very well since her move here. There was a bit of an issue at first, the staff waited a few weeks before telling my mother where the laundry room was and how to sign up for a shuttle. Also, they didn't tell her who her ambassador was for a few weeks. Other than that, the community has been great. They serve meals 3 times a day, the meals are delicious. The place is always kept very clean and they provide housekeeping once a week. They have a variety of activities, as soon as she gets more comfortable I will push her to try them out. I have already recommended this place and will continue to do so.

Just like home!

The staff here are really wonderful and caring. They are very attentive to the residents and you can feel that they really care. The food is great and my loved one loves it here. I really like the homey feeling that this community gives off.

Toured this community.

I toured this community for assistance with taking care of my mom. I was not feeling very comfortable with the staff at that time. They did not seem to friendly and we made a decesion to go with another community.

Like A Neighborhood

My mother has described Carmel Place as being "like a neighbourhood." She is happier here and more peaceful as a result--and do is her family!

Not impressed!

I took a tour of the Carmel Place and I noticed immediately how outdated it was. It was very run down and would benefit from a major remodel. However, the staff were very helpful and nice. They did offer a variety of activities for the residents to enjoy.

Holiday Retirement

Thank you very much for sharing these comments; we appreciate your feedback, and were so delighted to hear you found our staff was nice and helpful. Although the building itself may not be a draw for you, we think you'll find it's the people there that makes this the community you can't judge by the cover alone. Let us know if you ever change your mind, we would love to send you an invitation and have you join us for a meal or activity!

Disappointed

it's been and interesting experience so far. The community is okay so far. I've had some concerns about the staff and their attentiveness to their residents. I noticed a women in a wheel chair having to push her own food to her room which was very sad to see I of course stepped in to help her but I would think the staff would know to help her. I've just been disappointed so far it seemed like they were so real quick to get us to sign the contract to move in but now that my mother is in the community it's like the honeymoon is over. When she first arrived nobody came in and showed her around or did a formal welcome for her to the community. I just expected a little more follow through from the Community. My mother is okay and I'm not far from her so it's okay for now.

First one to call, acted interested in my business. Everyone else called the next day or later.

Helpful staff

Everyone in the staff is always very helpful

Friendly, helpful staff

Overall our experience with Carmel Place has been a very good one, I would give them high marks across the board! The people that we worked with were very friendly and helpful!

Very nice place

I toured this facility while looking into care options for a loved one. Carmel Place is very nice looking, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. I also their pricing structure was very easy to understand and accommodating. It's not quite all-inclusive pricing, but it is very close.

Wonderful choice

Everyone has been very helpful and more than willing to answer each and every question that we have. The facilities are warm and welcoming and inviting. The dining experience has been excellent and the quality of the food and the variety of offerings has been more than we expected for my Mom. She is settling in and I am confident she will be happy here in her new home.

Seemed like a nice place

My family toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

This place is awesome! The people that run this community are so nice and they have great activities. The residents I have talked with are happy there....the dining experience is something that my mother loves.

great place to live!

this is the first retirement community we looked at and decided to move there over another place because we liked the location and the rate lock we were able to get so our monthly expense would not go up EVER. We choose a large one bedroom to keep it simple and downsized to fit into the unit. We are moving our large furniture in 5/29/15 and know we are going to love it. The staff and tenants are so nice to you and make you feel most welcome!

Comfortable. good meals, helpful staff, nice part of Charlotte

It's very comfortable. My dad says the meals are very, very good. They were very helpful with moving. I am very pleased.

For activities, they have bingo, and games. My father isn't much at joining in, so I'm not too sure. Once a week they go out for a meal.

The place isn't located far from where I live, one doesn't need to get on an interstate to get there, and it's in a nice part of Charlotte.

I'm very pleased with the whole experience.

Very nice facility. The dr...

Very nice facility. The drawback is if you are not able to be independent, you must hire in caregivers. Additionally, there are no tiers of care.

I arrived to find the dinne...

I arrived to find the dinner service in full swing and finally found someone in the office who was surprised that I was there. She stated they had to get through dinner, have a seat in the lobby and Michael would be with me. I waited 15 minutes and tried to find someone again and was unable to locate anyone. I walked out. I was not impressed with 'friendliness' of the staff or their promptness. The outside of the facility was beautiful, however the lobby area looked dingy. I cannot provide any other feedback on the rest of the facility.

carmel place review

Very friendly and professional

Great place, she's so happy here!

My loved one is very happy here, we feel so lucky to have found this place. The staff and residents are all very friendly, and she's met many new people! The facility itself is older and could use a bit work, which is why I knocked it down half a star, but in comparison to how well everything else is working its only a minor inconvenience!

It's an excellent place.

It's an excellent place. They had stuff going on all day long and sometimes in the evening too. The food was really good, they had the tenderest meat I've ever seen. This is a mostly independent community. They say if a person doesn't come down for a couple of meals in a row they would check with them. They did have a live in nurses aide that you could contract at a reasonable price to help with care. They were very cooperative with all the billing issues, working with the VA and Medicare, and were able to point me in the right direction, and tell me where to look. It's set on a piece of property where we could see deer outside eating grass from the window, they have a nice outdoor areas.

Great job - Keep it up!

So far, they have been very helpful, ready to answer questions. We have had three meals there - very delicious.
The apartment was spotless.
I would recommend this to anyone needing a place to retire.

Great place to live

Earline I have lived here for three months and just love it. Very clean, the food is great with many choices for each meal. Many activities daily to do. Kind caring staff. The beauty shop is so good. Laundry room is convient. Apartments are very roomy, clean carpet, nicely painted. Handyman will come and fix anything, quickly. Its a great place to live, and everyone is so very nice

Great deal and great place

It's very clean, they're doing good there. They're very friendly, my sister seems to be very pleased about it, the only thing she complains about is the food. I think they may be having a little bit of difficulties with keeping up with the wait staff; sometimes it's a little late in coming but in general I think she's happy with it, she says the breakfast is very good. I'm sure most people have the same complaints with institutional food, after awhile it all starts to taste the same.
I got her to start doing yoga and I think she's starting to do some of the other exercising things. I know she at least goes on Monday, but sometimes she goes on the bus to the theater or Rite Aid or other things like that. The yoga instructor I sometimes have as a sub at the Y so she's good and my sister has been taking advantage of their classes like that. I think she's done a bingo thing but my sister has a pretty good personality, she understands how to get along with the people there and how to make friends and keep friends so that's a benefit to her. I thought it was a good deal and her physical therapist and social worker all thought Carmel Place was great.

Very attentive and provide additional assistance if needed

Maintenence request and all that is really good, it's fast, they only reason I didn't rate them a 5 is because of the timing. They have two live ins that manage the property and one fo the couples had been moved to another palce so the past month has been a struggle for the staff while they wait for the new managers to get there.
They constantly have stuff going on, my mother doesn't really participate but they have an activities director. They're very attentive to the people, the know the poeple and the managers, right when you get on board they get to know you and they get me apprised on things. My mother is inbetween independent living and assisted living and the only reason she can live here is because they have an arrangement with a home care place and they have so many patients that use them so they're there all day.

I wish my mom could have stayed

It was phenomenal! It's independent living so you have to hire your own help separate from Carmel Place. They did do housekeeping and that was excellent. Overall, they were amazing. The management team was indredible and everyone was friendly. They really made and effort to get you involved and get you going. The food probably could have improved. My mom just got to a place where she needed more care. I wish my mom could have stayed there. They were really special people.

The Assisted Living Was Like A Nurisng Home

I had heard a lot of really good things about it but it was older and dark. They had independent and assisted living but their assisted living was just...it was almost nursing home like and we felt that if we placed my dad there is just would not be good. He can still get around and talk to people and everything. It did not make me feel good at all.

this is a possibility for i...

this is a possibility for independent living, I would still have to help with dressing and meds or hire someone to assist him. we will go back for a tour together and lunch when we return from our vacation

HOLIDAY-Nice Comfy, AL private, AL pr...

HOLIDAY-Nice Comfy, AL private, AL private

Call from director - very very nice &...

Call from director - very very nice & enthusiastic about property Drive by visit to check exterior - VERY NICE! Like the porches. Property well kept, clean, no trash, nice nice porches

Loved the Director. still thinking se...

Loved the Director. still thinking seriously about this one

Conveniently located in South Charlotte near some of the city’s best shopping, dining and healthcare, you’ll enjoy living in our beautiful and peaceful community. You’ll wish you called us home sooner.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind