The Dorchester South - Pineville, NC

The apartments are older and less spacious than the Manor. Nice list of a la carte services.

This one is perfect! The tax-advantaged one bedroom apartment called the Dover is $797 and fits nicely in our budget. We didn't have a formal tour but simply walked in and the receptionist was super nice and the residents greeted my mom and we ended up staying for almost 2 hours just talking with them and they showed us around it was amazing. I've sent them a message requesting a formal tour and instructions on how we can get on the waitlist for the one-bedroom Dover model. It does not include a meal plan but optionally she can have dinner or sandwiches in the restaurant on site just as if she would be going out to a local restaurant except it's right on site. This one is definitely our favorite so far!

Best Staff Around

My mother in law is extremely pleased and very content since moving here. The community is very homey and friendly. Everyone on the staff from the groundskeeping to the kitchen staff to the nurses and administration has been more than helpful to the point where they go out of their way to get things done I just can't say enough about the whole staff in general.
My mother in law doesn't, as a rule, go down to the dining room she prefers to cook for herself but I must say the operating hours are more like a country club than say a restaurant.
The main 2 reasons for us choosing this place was my mother in law could get a first-floor room and it was handicap accessible and the price was the deal breaker we were very pleased as to the cost.

Mom is Great

So far this community is working out well for my mother. It is a nice facility with kind people. I'am pleased with all they have done for our family. She is safe, and receiving great care. I'am comfortable with her move to this community. She is doing great, and I'am satisfied with this community overall.

No Complaints.

I'am doing quite well since my move to this community. So far everything is working out pretty good for me in this facility. It is a nice place with kind people. The staff is well, and they helpful when needed. I haven't had any problems, and I have no complaints about this community. I do not see why I wouldn't recommend it, it is working out well for me.

Not a good fit

we toured this community when looking for my parents.It was a clean community with friendly staff but we didn't feel it was a good fit for them because it was more independent and they didn't offer the care services my parents needed.

Having the option for meals and most services to be a la carte made this facility affordable for us. It was very clean and well maintained. The staff was friendly and seemed to know and care about the residents. The residents seem to love it there.

My mom lives there, and it has been great. Everyone is so helpful and friendly.

Residents are so sweet !!

The residents have been so helpful on making sure that I felt welcomed into this community and right at home. The property is always well maintained and kept clean. There is beautiful scenery surrounding my apartment with lots of great views. I am very pleased with my new living environment and have no complaints.

Welcome to the Hotel!

I went into this community to take a tour and there was no one to show me around. I was able to just go in a walk around. The place did not feel homey and the people were just sitting around. It felt like a hotel setting to me. There were nothing on the walls to make the place nice.

Very nice independent living community

I thought The Dorchester seemed like a very nice independent living facility. The apartments and common areas were always very clean and the staff was always friendly and helpful. However, I was a little disappointed with the activities. They had a lot of activities posted, but many times when you'd show up there wouldn't be anyone else participating. Overall it was very nice, though!

Dorchester

The Dorchester is a lovely facility. Apartments are spacious. All handicap accessible. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Plenty of activities for residents.

Everything is great!

The community is very well kept and clean throughout. The staff is knowledgeable and is able to answer all of our questions. My mother in law enjoys the activities and joins in on the bible study and church group. She is able to make her own food which she enjoys.

It feels like home!!

This community is very good. I have a 2 bedroom with plenty of space. I am able to do my cooking they also do provide food. I like that there is security it helps me feel safe my cat is also available to stay with me. Everyone in this community is very nice.

Very clean community!

The staff are taking really good care of her. They have many activities and offer outings as well. My mom is a picky eater and is satisfied with the food. They do offer a great variety of food options. I would have liked upon my mom moving in for someone to welcome her to give her a tour, and show her fire evacuation.

Review of The Dorchester South - Pineville, NC

The Dorchester is beautiful! I enjoyed my visit there very much! The difference between the two came down to which gave me easiest access to my daughter’s home and work. Deana was helpful personable. It is a great place!!

Friendly staff

Things are going okay at The Dorchester. It is a relatively new facility, so I think they are still trying to get organized on a few things. The staff is very friendly and they are attentive to the residents.