Carlton Senior Living San Leandro - San Leandro, CA

Accommodating Living!!

I toured many communities for my loved one and Carlton was our top choice. My loved one has really been enjoying her self since moving into the facility. The meals have been excellent and they have a large variety to choose from. The bedrooms are very accommodating and comfortable. They are also very reasoning and affordable in there range of pricing.

Place was clean and odor free. Lunch was very tasty; portions small. Menu reasonably varied, 24hr snack bar. Nice inner courtyard to sit or walk in. Studio one very small, 300 sq. ft. $3,295. Weekly laundry, housekeeping, three meals a day, activities, some excursions, shuttle service included in basic fee. Staff friendly

My Aunt Is Doing Well Here

My aunt is doing well here at this community. Everything has worked out very well, and we are pleased. She is safe and in good hands here, they have good staff. We know she is receiving good care. Overall it is a good place for her and her needs.

My uncle independently toured this place for my mom because he lives close-by. We were all set to enter Memory Care here, after a few relatives toured separately - and my grown daughter and I independently researched reviews, and I spoke with Amber on several occasions. My mom's well-regarded internist also seemed to approve of this facility. As quality facilities go, this is one of the more reasonable prices, though expensive, for higher-level care. Amber, the retirement counselor we worked with, was fantastic, very Nordstrom-like, even after my mom passed before we could actually move in. I can't vouch for all of the administration being as well-versed as Amber, though. This place is open, clean, and efficiently run judged by the impromptu visits my relatives made there. On the flip side, an Alameda area social worker hinted that some of the other East Bay Carlton facilities were less impressive in terms of the actual care given. Despite the reviews, my impression is that the expense and rate increases are not "hidden" if you do your homework carefully. If your loved one requires high-level care, be prepared to spend an annual base rate of around $85K in 2015.

Friendly Sales-Staff

The sales staff was very friendly. The move-in process was easy. The only thing they could improve on is communication between the sales staff and the people who check the medications before the resident moves-in.

Mixed experience

We've had somewhat of a mixed experience with Carlton Plaza. In terms of the facility itself and the care that they offer I think it is a very nice place. Now that my loved one is moved in the staff is doing a great job looking out for her. However, getting her moved in was somewhat of a challenge. We moved her from out of state and it turns out they wouldn't let her move in until all of her new doctors and paperwork were in order here, which ended up being quite the ordeal. I think they could have been a bit more accommodating or helpful during that process.

best in class

It is a nice facility and the staff is very friendly! A superior option for you loved on. It can be a bit pricey, but worth the additional cost.

very happy with them

We are very happy with Carlton Plaza San Leandro. My step mother is very happy there and things are going well. It is a nice facility with excellent staff that was willing to accommodate us in any way they could. Everyone there is excellent. Anything we have requested they have gone out of their way to help us out. My step mom really is very happy there.

Amber Bennett

Thank you so much for taking time to give us such a glowing review! We are so pleased that your family member is happy at our community.

The monthly costs seem quit...

The monthly costs seem quite high, and the living space seemed quite small. There were daily rules that didn't seem to be necessary. The place was clean and pleasant. The Annual increase to the monthly fee is pretty steep.

Very Beautiful but Very Expensive

They said that it was $2800 but then the care that he need was very expensive. Then a week later they added another charge. Plus $4000 just upfront for maintenance fees... Very, very expensive. Father only stayed there for one month and then passed away.

Notified on 12th of September that he was going off of dialysis. They still had the nerve to bill my brother for $7000 for the month of October. We still owed $2800 because we didn't give a 30 day notice before he passed away. Yesterday they finally reissued a check to my brother.

Quite a few people in the building itself mentioned that it was much more expensive than they originally thought. Passing medication was so expensive. Just 2 or 3 pills a day was $700 a month.

Employees were the greatest, they were the friendliest

Anyone that is fairly well off, it is a first rate place. Beautiful place. Like a cruise ship. My dad had a huge smile on his face and he really enjoyed it in there.

Very Nice Place

I loved it there but my mom immediately freaked out. It was just too big for her. It was very easy for her to get out of the building. She needs memory care so if she was having a hard time I was worried about that. I loved it but it just wasn't the right place for her.

Great Community

When we came to visit the community the residents just seemed more active. They were out of their rooms a lot. It was more like a hotel rather than a care home. The residents seemed happy and like they were having a good time. The location is very convenient for our family. The 1 bedroom apartments are pretty spacious and the prices offered a good value. They are a little more expensive then other communities in the area but they are also a better community.

looks cute, nice area.

looks cute, nice area.

Really liked this one, but ...

Really liked this one, but it is 45 min from my house

Gorgeous and fun

Gorgeous and fun

People were very friendly and informa...

People were very friendly and informative but the setting is very large and busy.

Excellent facility, although location...

Excellent facility, although location is less than ideal. I really liked the staff attitude/engagement here, truly extraodinary. This is the only one with explicit diabetes management programs.

Carlton Senior Living of San Leandro sits in the hub of downtown San Leandro with easy access to a state-of-the-art library, shopping centers and excellent public transportation. Residents can travel easily around this small metropolitan area. Carlton Senior Living is an independent, assisted living and memory Care community designed for today’s seniors.

We offer 24 hour personal care, a vibrant activity program, a sumptuous dining program and a respite resort program that allows you to try us out before making your decision. We stand by our guarantee that you will enjoy you time here so we offer our ”70/70” program which is a satisfaction guarantee program.
Come join us for lunch and a tour so that we may discuss choosing your new home!