The Best Priced and A One Level Community

This is a nice, small sized community with everything on one floor. The price was in our ball park and they have been very good so far. We are getting the care that we agreed upon. We love the food, its been very good, we eat 2 meals a day. The activities have been pretty good from what we have been able to try. The staff are very kind to us.

Warm and caring

[Removed] was very helpful and made our family feel very comfortable about moving our mom into assisted living. Our experience with everyone we met is very positive. My mom was excited to move in. She is now moved in and loves it. She is excited to get involved with activities and she loves the food!!!

Good fit for an independent senior

We toured this community and were very impressed. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. It is an older community compared to some in the area but up kept very well. The reason we didn't choose this community is because we didn't feel it would meet my friend's care needs. They also offer patios outside of the bedrooms and it was a safety concern.

No full kitchen!

While on my tour of The Carillons, I noticed the place was very small. They did not have the grounds and the apartment size was okay. There was no full kitchen, and my parents needed a full kitchen to cook their meals.

Excellent Care

We are happy with the care that my father is receiving here. The staff is wonderful and caring. They do have activities. The food is outstanding and a great variety. The staff is genuine caring and both myself and another friend were very pleased with the community. It had a good patio for my father that he really enjoys. I would recommend families to this excellent community for great care.

A Community For My Friend

We have no problems with this community and my friend is enjoying the time here. All the staff are welcoming and friendly we have no problems with them. My friend is able to participate in the activities, she is able to easily get around good and she is eating very well.

Great Open Space!!

I loved how each of the rooms had their own little backyard. The community is pet friendly. The tour guide was able to answer all of my questions. It was a nice and tidy community. I really wish the layout would be different so the rooms were closer to the dinning room. Overall i thought it was a wonderful place for my mother.

Just remodeled!

The staff are doing a great job communicating with the family and taking care of my mom. She is loving the variety of food offered. The community is very clean and currently they are updating and remodeling. They have a range of activities offered for the residents to enjoy.

My Father Is Doing Well

My father is doing well here at this facility. It is a nice and well-kept community, they a decent job with the cleaning. The staff is pretty good for the most part. He has tired some activities, they offer many for him to try. He is pleased with the food. Overall everything is going well and I would recommend it.

So far we are pretty happy with them.

I don't live nearby so I don't get to be there firsthand to see everything. They have been very good about keeping good communications with us, and letting us know about anything that comes up. She has only had good things to say about them. She always brags about the food. So far we are pretty happy with them.

A Good Experience

It served it's purpose for what we needed it to do for the short time my loved one was there. They tried their best to help her be more outgoing and participate in the activities more and overall everyone is friendly and nice and accommodating, so it was a good experience.

dad seems to like it here

Carillon is fine. I am not pleased that they raised the rent. They got new owners. They are redoing some things. It does look much better. My dad seems to like it there. They have activities, but he doesn't do a lot. He is hard of hearing though. The staff are all pretty good. Overall I am pleased.

We really have been pleased with it.

We really have been pleased with it. Mom's really happy so far. The food is hit and miss, I've eaten there a few times, and it isn't bad. She likes the breakfast, a lot. It's an older facility, I would like it to be a little nicer, but the people are so friendly. It was pretty comparably priced to others we looked at, and is one of the reasons we chose them.

Wouldn't Mind Living Here Myself

My mom was only there for a few months. My mother doesn't make friends real easy, it's an ice place, the people there are real friendly. the coordinator was extremely personable and very professional. The food was excellent. We had one issue where we had something missing out of my mom's purse, and three days later it mysteriously appeared back in her room. The place is very clean. I wouldn't mind coming here myself.

A Four-Star Rating

They are all very friendly and all willing to help. They could be a little more attentive to details, to the little things, especially when it comes to dispensing the meds. They are very accommodating with just about everything. They tend to have more of a personable atmosphere to the facility. The food tends to be geared towards Southwest, but I would say 75% of the residents are not from Arizona, so it's usually geared towards the locals. The other thing I really liked is that they serve anytime from 7am to 8pm.

extremely nice

They are extremely nice people at Carillon. I would give them a 6 on friendliness if I could. Dad did have an a fall and as soon as we hit the button the staff came right in but after they came in it took 2 hours to get the help he really needed. They are medical technicians not nurses. My dad likes to play the game Euchre and the staff were talking with him about learning to play that with the residents. So I appreciate that they are willing to try new things to get the residents involved. Overall it has been a good experience here, I would just like to see their respond time improve.

I was talking to my mom and this is the place she had chosen it wouldn't have been anywhere else. She didnt like about leaving home but the staff and the elderly made her feel welcoming and close to home. She is very happy and so am I.

I AM 100% PLEASED

I HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY AND PLEASED WITH ALL THE SERVICES I HAVE BEEN GETTING HERE, I FIND IT ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL.

So far they are doing pretty good.

So far they are doing pretty good. I would like to see a little more attention to the bathroom. The food has been outstanding I would give them a five on that. The only thing I am not used to yet, is the consistency of the time that things happen. Sometimes the medication distribution can vary by an hour. They have worked with me on absolutely everything so far, so I am sure if I brought this up, they would work on that too. We really liked that it was very homey feeling.

Very friendly

I really like the personnel there. They are really super people. Leah is fantastic. The chefs were really great with my mom. It’s extremely professional, extremely courteous, very family friendly. The community director, Stephanie, is probably one of the most outgoing and hardworking people, who really tries to make things work for families.

Only have 1 bath. $3,410/mo.

Only have 1 bath. $3,410/mo.

It was great!

It was great! The staff was great! Dad was happy with the activities. They were pretty well informed on what to expect. He liked the breakfast. It is conveniently located. Each resident has their own patio.

They are working out pretty well.

They are working out pretty well. They cost a little more than the last place, but they have a bigger space. They do have a couple of activities but they could use a little more variety and a little more often. The food is really good, and they do have gluten free options, but they don't serve dinner on Sunday nights. They are really friendly.

Kitchen is too old and smal...

Kitchen is too old and small Didn't taste the food Mouse traps in the cabinets droppings in the closet. bathroom is small nice two patios Marketing staff very nice.

Good Care and Activities

All these places are so expensive! I think they overcharge for every thing, that's my opinion but I guess the value is good compared to other places. I think the care is pretty good. I haven't had any problems yet. My mom has been pretty well taken care of and that's what matters. They do have activities and she seems to be going to some activities which is good because she's pretty anti-social. I know she's gone to play bingo a few times and gone to see movies at the movie night. They bring in some entertainment and she's gone to that too. It definitely much better than where she was. It's expensive but they're taking good care of her.

Dad's place

After checking several other independent/assisted living facilities, including the Carrillon's, we had no problem deciding where we wanted my father to live. The staff at the Carrillon's was so impressive from the time we walked in the door and continues to be great every time we go to visit. Being in a friendly, family-like setting is so important to my Dad and from the beginning he felt like it was home. The food is very good, serving healthy meals with plenty of variety. The wait staff in the dining room is wonderful, always there to serve with a smile and perhaps a little something to say that puts a smile on the resident's faces. The nursing staff is also terrific being there for whatever is needed and done with a smile. The Carrillon's is definitely the place to be and we are so thankful that we found it for Dad.

It was a small single level building ...

It was a small single level building with rooms with patios. An older bldg in need of fresh paint and decorations in the hallways. the hallways are long and they do not provide a proper railing or seats along the way for rest and support

Nice facility and the facility was cl...

Nice facility and the facility was clean, and free of odors. The tour guide was informative, but the facility seemed to be too inclosed, dark and depressing. It was also extremely old and the rooms were very outdated.

$2180 independent, +850 assisted w/on...

$2180 independent, +850 assisted w/one need, extra for other needs. All one floor, "community fee" 1-time-$1800 non refund will hold apt for 2 weeks. 3rd month free for 2 apts now available by 9/15. 78 apts. Respite 1 rm available 8/31. They must do assessment prior to mom leaving Grandview and after $1800 fee paid. Kitty fee $250 waived.

Loved this place. There was no custo...

Loved this place. There was no customizing of extras...this reminded me of a place for the person that is used to the finer things in life. Either independent or assisted living.

Our community offers the lifestyle you deserve and the independence you want. Our activity programs promote socialization through a varied schedule including shopping, group games, social hours and outings. You can rely on us to take care of the every day chores of owning a home – like yard and building maintenance, housekeeping, laundry service and making utility payments. Our studio and one-bedroom apartments are equipped with kitchenettes, inside and outside access, large patios with private access, individually controlled thermostats, walk-in closets, wall-to-wall carpeting and ample space for furniture. Our community offers a personal choice of life-styles with a wide range of amenities including: Restaurant-style dining with choice of meal plans, Weekly housekeeping with linen service, Complimentary transportation, Planned activities, 24 hour staffing with emergency call systems, Ice cream parlor, Covered parking, and Membership in the Sun City Recreational Centers.

City info: A planned community centered around senior amenities, Sun City is built with its retired population in mind.

- Walkability score: 33
- Average age in the zip: 73.5
- Number of senior housing facilities in the zip code: 6
- Average weather info: Sun City has mild winters and hot summers. The average daily high is 55 in January and 117 in July. Snow is rare.
- Veteran's facilities in the area: West Valley Vet Center, Northwest VA Health Care Clinic

Transportation

Sun City offers multiple transit options, with services specially designed for seniors.

- Golf carts: Golf carts are street legal in Sun City and offer easy access to local amenities.

- Buses: Valley Metro services the greater Phoenix area. Seniors receive a discount through the reduced fare program. In addition to its regular routes, Valley Metro provides a Dial-a-Ride bus service for Sun City seniors.

- Trains: The Amtrak stop at Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix services national Amtrak routes.

- Taxis: Taxi services include Yellow Cab Phoenix, Discount Cab, and SuperShuttle Phoenix.

- Ride shares: Seniors can hail an Uber or Lyft through convenient phone apps.

Health and Safety

The area surrounding the Carillons plays host to nationally-recognized healthcare facilities.

- Hospitals in the area: The Banner Boswell Medical Center, which specializes in geriatric medicine, is located right down the street from the Carillons.

- The crime rate in the zip code: 85351 has a crime rate of 4,163 crimes per 100,000 people, or 4.2%.

Sports and leisure

Sun City seniors stay active by exercising in the sunshine year-round.

- Golf courses nearby: There are eight municipal golf courses in Sun City, including the Sun City North Golf Course, Willowcreek Golf Course, and Quail Run Golf Course.

- Tennis courts/clubs nearby: Braewood Park, Windrose Park, Centennial High School

- Gyms nearby - senior friendly (aerobics): Rio Vista Recreation Center, Northwest Valley YMCA

Shopping and entertainment

Shopping, dining, and entertainment options keep Sun City seniors busy.

- Clothes shopping nearby: Arrowhead Towne Center, BonWorth
- Grocery stores: Fry's, Safeway
- Other restaurants: JiMichael's, Nino's
- Movie theaters: HarkinsTheatres Park West
- Libraries: Sun City Library
- Senior-friendly salons (men and women): Bell Camino Beauty Salon, Arizona Gentleman Barber Shop

Attractions

- Lakeview Lanes host senior bowling leagues, plus billiards, pool, and snooker tables.

- Rides, games, and old-fashioned carnival food abound at the annual Arizona State Fair in Phoenix.

- Whether they want to make or play, the wood shop, ballroom dancing, and swimming pools at Bell Recreation Center offer something for every senior.

- Fish and picnic at Pioneer Community Park.

- Seniors can test their luck and take in a show at Desert Diamond Casino.

- The Recreation Centers of Sun City sponsor frequent indoor and outdoor concerts starring new artists and old favorites.

Religious facilities

Believers of all kinds call Sun City home.

- Religious facilities nearby: Temple Beth Shalom, First Presbyterian Church of Sun City, Lakeview United Methodist Church, Greenway Mosque, Santa Teresita Catholic Church, Shirdi Saibaba Temple, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints