CareOne at Wayne Assisted Living - Wayne, NJ

CareOne at Wayne is a lovely community with lots to offer their residents including a sub acute nursing floor if needed. The resident family contact was amazing and very knowledgeable. She went way out of her way to help me with my search and help find a place for my Mom.

Lots of staff turn over

My sister-in-law is in the memory care here and some of the staff are wonderful but there is also a very large turnover in the staff and the management so that has been an issue as is the food that is served in the Memory Care. My sister-in-law has a nice room and the community itself is very nice we like to take her out in the courtyard when we visit as she just loves it out there.

This was not a good choice for my mom

We had hoped that CareOne at Wayne was going to work out for the type of care my mother was going to need. We were upfront with them about her dementia and they did do an assessment before she was accepted and we moved her there. But in the end, they could not address my mothers needs and they informed me that I would have to arrange for an outside aid to come in and give my mother the one on one care she had to have in order for her to remain there. I made those arrangements at an additional cost but in the end, CareOne still could not accommodate my mother so we were forced to move her to another facility.

Not The Place For Us

On the tour I felt my parent would not fit in. This was more cheaper but I did not like how it was set up.

Think twice.

I was in rehab Jan. 2017. First impression was that rooms are poorly maintained ... walls need painting, plumbing needs repair and poorly staffed.

Nightly noise was terrible with patients screaming for help. Thought I was in insane asylum.

Food was very good.

Physical and occupational therapy was excellent!

If it wasn't for the therapy I would not return.

Lots of staff! This is a very nice facility and the staff is very friendly; And lots of them! LOVE the fact that it has a rehab/sub-acute attached and so it covers all the bases of need. I feel confident that Mom would have been in good hands here. However, it is not quite the 'homey, house-like' feel we have in mind.

A Fast Move-In

Based on my advisor's referral to this home everything is good now. I needed to have a home for my dad right away. CareOne had my dad ready to move in within one hour from the rehab he was being discharged from. The staff really helped me out with the care my dad needs. The staff are compassionate and communicate with me.[Removed] was very helpful and made the connection for an easy move-in.

No Too much like nursing home Even smelled like it