Sunrise at West Essex - Fairfield, NJ

We chose this place for my sister-in-law because of the Memory Care Unit.On the tour , we were impressed by the friendly staff and the cleanliness of the facility.On subsequent visits, we were convinced we have made the right choice for her.Our A Place for Mom advisor [name removed] has been with us every step of the way. So have [name removed] and [name removed] from Sunrise. We needed their support when an unexpected hospitalization really gobsmacked us.Thankfully, everything worked out. A big plus for us is that our Siberian Husky Sky can visit her " Mommy Susie ", as I know that they do miss each other.

Our visit

The community seemed clean. I was not impressed with this community. The person that assisted us with our tour talked to us and acted like my loved one was not in the room. He felt disrespected and this was not the way we wanted him treated.

I very happy and relieve that my Mom is being well taken care of. They always update me with her situation and progress. It's clean There are loving and experienced people. I'm pleased

A good fit!!

The Sunrise at West Essex has been a positive experience for my mother. The staff is good to her, and as far as things like the cleanliness and meals, these are very good as well. I am happy we were able to find a good fit for her.

Check out Sunrise at West Essex

I just moved my mother into Sunrise at West Essex in NJ. I rated the above categories based upon her initial move-in, not weeks of experience. So far, my experience with this Sunrise location has been great. They are all so friendly and helpful. My mother seems to have come back to life when she moved in, with all the people interactions and activities. I definitely have peace of mind with them.
The top administrator and nurse were especially comforting and helpful.

Good Tour, Everything Went Well

I had a good tour of this community, and everything went very well. The community looked nice and well-kept. From what I saw everything to be well maintained. The staff was nice and friendly. It was a pleasant experience, they treated my family very well.

Wonderful Tour!

The community at Sunrise at West Essex offered a wonderful tour. The staff Ellen was fantastic! She was extremely friendly and helpful with our search for senior living. They offered to help with VA assistance once we were paid in after so many months. They were very knowledgeable and addressed all of my concerns.

Octoberfest at Sunrise

Last night I attended an Octoberfest celebration for residents and their families. It was high energy and thoroughly on target. Sunrise advertises as being a home environment for its residents. This was a family party where all residents, staff, and residents' loved ones could have a wonderful time enjoying live music, thematic appropriate foods, and lots of fun. Residents were encouraged to participate on any level they were able. Staff danced with residents. Everyone sang and clapped to the music. The food was excellent and well served. Fun and camaraderie was had by all.
I felt confident that I had selected the right residence for my husband.

Grandma's New Home

My mother has been living at The Sunrise of West Essex for about 5 weeks. The staff is very friendly and personable and well-trained. My mother loves the social interaction which keeps her active throughout the day. She is making friends as time goes by. The care for her level has been very good. The food is also very good with choices and options offered. Her medical management needed to be worked out and the nurses have been very professional and helpful with everything. Our family and all the grandchildren have been warmly welcomed into this community which has helped with this tough decision. The house provides comfortable spaces for gatherings with visitors. It is a charming house. My mother is very comfortable and well taken care of. She is adjusting to this significant life change positively with the support of everyone there.

I wish there was more of an outdoor area for people to walk around. There is just not much of a place for them to get outside.

Pleased with this facility!

My sister is living there, it has gone very good so far and has been a good fit for her.

Very nice place

My loved one lived in this community for quite a few years and they did an excellent job overall. We eventually needed to move her to be closer to family, and we decided to choose another Sunrise facility in the new area. Both facilities went out of their way to make it a smooth transition process, and were very helpful with the move overall.

Off to a great start

After comparing several assisted living facilities, we recently moved my parent into Sunrise at West Essex and we have only good things to say about the experience so far. The staff is exceptionally friendly, competent and caring. They have made a typically difficult transition much easier for us. The environment is comfortable, clean, and inviting. The atmosphere feels like your own home and the people there feel like your own family.

Sunrise of West Essex

My mother's health has improved from her time at Sunrise. She is eating 3 meals a day and having her medications given to her. She participates in all the activities in her unit.

My brother and I are very happy with our choice of moving my mother to Sunrise.

Looked nice during the tour

I toured this community when I was looking into options for my loved one. This was a nice looking place, it was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly. It wasn't the option we ended up choosing, but overall it looked like they would be able to provide good care and comfortable atmosphere.

A very nice community

My Mom was in this facility for a time, and it was a very nice place. It was extremely clean and well kept. The staff were great, very caring and attentive, and they were always sure to keep in touch with us to make sure we were in the loop. We moved Mom out because we wanted something smaller and more homey for her, and we found something that was a slightly better fit for her, but I would recommend this place to anyone.

Visited & returned. Prefer West Oran...

Visited & returned. Prefer West Orange at this time.