The Chelsea at Montville - Montville, NJ

The Chelsea at Montville - Montville, NJ has yet not published prices.

Great service

I love the Chelsea! My mom has been here for 2 years but the new administrator puts a bad taste in My mouth. Very distant/cares more about herself then interacting with the residents or staff. I’m really happy with the care and social interaction however.

My Mom's first month

It has been 1 month so far since my Mom entered The Chelsea. She sounds like she has adjusted to the environment very well and she is eating all her meals. Plus getting physical therapy.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. Compared to some other facilities I saw in the area I wasn't overly impressed with how The Chelsea looked, it just wasn't quite as nice as some that we saw. However, the staff seemed friendly and the residents looked well cared for.

They are doing a pretty good job so far.

They are doing a pretty good job so far. When we first got mom in there, they had a new director, but things have run pretty smoothly. I did have an issue with the level of care at first. She seems to be happy and seems to have made an adjustment. Anytime something has come up it has been handled very well. It's clean, the people are extremely friendly, and not fake or phony.

Nice on the surface

Chelsea is all about the money. Their assistance is very inconsistent. The nursing staff (DON included) have their own agenda. Sadly, they jump to conclusions without asking questions. They will add on $25 if you look the wrong way here. Beware, all is not as it seems. It is bright and clean and the food is good, I'll give them that. Laundry is "supposed" to be done weekly. My mom has gone 3 weeks without a pickup in the past. The family always has to poke around and ask a lot of questions as to why mom isn't always getting what she needs.

The rooms didn't have a fridge or microwave.

The rooms didn't have a fridge or a microwave either. I didn't really care for them

Seemed fine

We looked at this place, and everything seemed fine, no problems with the appearance or the staff. It was a little bigger community than what we wanted for Mom, and didn't have the atmosphere we were looking for. We would have preferred a higher staff to resident ratio.

Didn't Like It

I didn't like it at all. I didn't like the way the rooms were set up. There were no doors on the bathrooms because they couldn't get through them with the wheelchairs. I didn't find the woman that I spoke with to be very friendly and it turned me off.

The studio apt did not have...

The studio apt did not have a kitchenette-the one bedroom did. Food seemed good and the menu too. Again, I was looking for specific activities for my Mom and they were not a shoo in here.

Nice facility. Bright surroundings, ...

Nice facility. Bright surroundings, active lobby, music playing.

Visited and liked the fact they would...

Visited and liked the fact they would switch Mom out of the Cottage if she would do better in Assisted living or vice versa.Liked the rooms they were generally larger than the other facilities. Visited at lunch food smelled great and looked appetizing. Staff were pleasant

Very clean, well organized and except...

Very clean, well organized and exceptionally well run. Extensive programs for the members.

Located in Morris County, New Jersey, The Chelsea at Montville offers several senior living options in a comfortable setting. Our spacious community offers areas to sit and meet new people, space to enjoy a book from our library, opportunities to listen to a resident or guest play our piano, or take a relaxing stroll around our walking path. Residents join in on our daily scheduled lifestyle programs that range from brain games and fitness classes to trips to local shopping centers and daily social hours.

If your loved one requires more daily support and reminders, our Country Cottage is available for memory impaired seniors. The Cottage features its own private dining room and activity areas with its own lifestyle program suited to meet their special needs.

With 24 hour wellness support, weekly housekeeping, and maintenance just a call away, your loved one will have everything they need to live a full and engaging life at their fingertips. You can rest assured knowing they are in a safe, loving environment and that all their needs are met. Help them to achieve independence and provide yourself with peace of mind, come visit The Chelsea at Montville today!