CareOne at Moorestown Assisted Living - Moorestown, NJ

A tour

The staff we met at this community were friendly. This community looked well taken care of. This community was just a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Impressive Management!!

I was very impressed with the manager at this community. During our tour I had noticed that he knew every resident by their first name and that he really took the time to know them on a personal level. It was very down to earth living environment and the apartments they had where all very nice, My mom just would not be aloud to have her dog with her and it was a little to small for her liking.

My tour

I liked this community when I toured it. The person that took me on tour was nice. The community looked clean. They have beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyards and they allow pets. This community was just a little out of our price range.

CareOne Should be called CARE NONE!!!!

My father was in acute rehab in Care One for a few months..the biggest problem is they are UNDERSTAFFED resulting in NEGLIGENCE!
Although the staff is relatively friendly, they are overworked and do not have the adequate time to give each patient timely and appropriate care. Sometimes after hitting the call button my father would have to wait over an hour to be changed, sitting in his own feces. And this is when I was there trying to find help in the hallways!
It does no good to bring up your complaints internally because they will simply "Yes" you and say they are doing something about it yet they never do. My father suffered bruising from being roughly handled and was sometimes in bed for over 18 hours without getting. I WOULD NOT recommend CareOne for accute rehab, especially if you are not there all the time to monitor the care or lack of!!
Although the PT staff was good, they often would have to wait for my father to receive the help to get up out of bed in order to have his time with them which sometimes he would miss because of they did not have the time/staff to get him ready in time. Pitiful. There is no doubt in my mind if I were not there every day he would not still be with us today!

Wonderful people work there.

The concern, care, professionalism, and ability of the people who took care of my husband was exceptionally fine. All the caretakers were enthusiastic, friendly, and caring. Everyone interacted with him as much as was possible; they made him laugh and were careful of where he was tender or sore.

If I had to find one negative, it would be the accounting of monies paid. It is not a matter of dishonesty, just a matter of confusion.

The facility is lovely and well cared for. I would recommend it others.

Positive Experience at Care One Moorestown

Our aunt moved to Care One Moorestown after a difficult and sad experience at another facility in Mt. Laurel, NJ. She is almost 96 years old, is in a wheelchair and has moderate dementia. At the last facility, she was in her room alone all day. Due to her dementia (and her personality), she did not really participate in activities and didn’t even want to go to the dining room for meals. After a short hospital stay the former facility demanded that we pay for a 24/7 aide causing the price of her care to skyrocket, so we decided to move her. We researched many assisted living facilities in Burlington, Camden and Gloucester Counties via the internet. We narrowed down the search based on availability, reputation and reviews, and visited several in person. We chose Care One at Moorestown for our aunt.

She is now thriving in the Enhanced Assisted Living Unit at Care One. She has formed a wonderful bond with one of her main caregivers and from what we can see she interacts well with all the staff. She goes to the main dining room for all meals and is almost always out of her room, either at an activity, or with a group in the lounge, or sitting in the lobby “living room” reading the newspaper. Her whole demeanor has improved, she is much more engaged and we see parts of her old personality when we visit. She seems less depressed and more stimulated.

The facility is clean, warm and welcoming. Due to its small size, the staff is willing to get to know a new resident and work with them based on their personality and preferences, and helps them interact and socialize based on their comfort level. Each person is spoken to respectfully and patiently. We’ve never witnessed any harshness or complaining by the staff. Each resident is encouraged to be as independent as possible and help is provided as needed. Residents appear to be active, stimulated and involved. Also of note, we haven’t noticed any of our aunt’s belongings missing. (This was an ongoing problem at the last place she lived.)

One memorable example of the helpfulness of the staff occurred on the day out aunt moved to Care One. One of the health care staff saw us hauling furniture and totes from a truck outside, got on his phone and called for help. He and a coworker helped us move in her belongings in record time. One attached the mirror to the bureau and hooked up the television.

One complaint is that the outdoor smoking area for residents is very close to the front entrance. This means that when going to visit, one has to sometimes walk through cigarette smoke. Not a deal breaker, but unpleasant, especially for non-smokers. It would be nice if this area could be relocated further from the main entrance.

We would definitely recommend Care One at Moorestown.

Disappointing lil snakes

Therapists were friendly, informative and cooperative. Nurses were constantly changing and they have too many patients per nurse. Asked for simple things like dirty laundry be put in bags and for nurses to talk to my mother in law before doing any work. That seemed to be a problem for them. They requested a cat scan of her one evening. They gave her bed away as she has to be admitted for at least 24 hours at the hospital. Snakes! The social worker nor assistant of nursing would return our phone call. Very shady things being done here. They will talk the talk to your face, but won't follow through and get rid of you.

We escaped mostly unharmed!

The rehab section appeared to be well staffed and generally folks were attentive to the residents. At doctors orders, the rehab needed to be postponed, so we moved mom to the assisted living section for a few weeks. Things went down hill in a real hurry. The section she was moved to, the residents were nearly catatonic, and the help was not much better. After repeated requests for improvements in staffing, I had to put my foot down and demand that my mom be moved to another section. Although much better, it never did reach the level of care she received while in the rehab unit. Mom subsequently was able to go back to rehab and complete her stay. I am happy to tell you that she has been able to return home. Thank God!

Review of CareOne at Moorestown Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Moorestown, NJ

Visited this facility last year. Very nice staff. Beautiful quad neighborhoods for memory care component. Feels just a bit institutional though. Didn't notice enough caregiver to resident ratio. Not too bad a facility as second choice for now overall.

Think again!

I wouldn’t send a dog or my worst enemy here! You’ve heard the old saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover.” Well… don’t be fooled by the nice appearance of this facility! They know how to “talk the talk” here, but they sure can’t “walk the walk.”
We visited the facility and were impressed by the beautiful setting and appearance and we were assured that they would have no problem handling a patient who came to them for therapy as a “max assist” after a stroke. What we found was that this lovely facility on the outside was a real “hell hole” when you were on the inside.
There is a serious lack of respect in the way patients are treated. Mom came from an acute rehab center (Marlton Rehab), where she received excellent rehab and was treated respectfully. Whenever she needed to go to the bathroom or get into or out of bed, someone was there to help her and it was no problem at Marlton. She was taken to the bathroom when she needed to go and was helped in and out of bed several times a day at Marlton, so she could change positions and rest. Upon arrival at Care One, we suddenly found that my elderly mom was expected to stay in bed for 12-14 hours, then stay in a wheelchair for the remaining 10 to 12 hours. Ridiculous! NO-ONE stays in the same position for that long and remains healthy. Suddenly, at Care One, Mom could no longer get a shower, but could only have bed baths. She could no longer use a toilet or even a commode, but had to use a bed pan! This was demeaning and a move backwards, when in the immediate days and weeks after her stroke, she was able to do these things! The difference was not in Mom’s abilities, but in the abilities of those around her. Response time to call bells was long. Though some staff members were polite and helpful, there were staff members who treated mom roughly and who were extremely rude and nasty to Mom and family members.
Mom was initially placed in a double room, but her portion of the room was no bigger than a closet! The hospital bed was against the wall, leaving her paralyzed side to the wall. Next to the bed, there was not even room for a chair! We had to stretch/crawl across Mom to try to prop her bad hand on a pillow and staff could not properly get to her to care for her. It was a completely inappropriate setting!
Therapists were unskilled and negative. They continually gave the same cues to patients, when those cues were obviously not working. There was a serious lack of positive feedback. Physical and occupational therapy were lumped together into one marathon, exhausting, session, rather than being split into morning and afternoon sessions. Therapists work with numerous patients at the same time, walk away from patients while they are supposed to be working with them, even leaving the gym area. Patients spend much more time “resting” in a session than they spend doing therapy. The gym is very busy, packed with therapists and patients, making for many distractions for both the therapists and particularly the patients. Patients were not given a schedule for therapy and were often left sitting for hours, being told that therapy would be “soon.”
We started trying to get Mom into another facility after the very first day, but unfortunately, it took two long weeks to find another placement. Every step of the way was a battle here! We met with director after director, but the place was still horrible! My experience was in fall of 2011, but, from what I have heard, things have not changed! My [removed]’t even give this place a bit of consideration!

Didn't Smell Great

I knew an older lady that lived there. It was really beautiful but I didn't like the smell. I'm really sensitive to smell so I wasn't crazy about it because of the smell but it was beautiful and everbody was very nice.

CareOne at Moorestown offers a complete continuum of care for patients who need sub-acute rehabilitation (offered seven days a week), specialized clinical care, assisted living or enhanced assisted living. Located on a picturesque campus that includes picturesque horse pastures, manicured grounds, elegant décor, fine dining, home-like amenities and diverse activities, CareOne at Moorestown makes patients feel welcome and cared for.
Assisted Living
With multiple levels of care and programs tailored to residents’ interests and needs, CareOne’s assisted living communities offer a complete spectrum of care options.
CareOne’s assisted living communities combine the clinical support CareOne is known for with activities and services designed to promote our residents’ health, well-being and quality of life. Residents enjoy remaining as independent as possible while receiving personalized attention and assistance with daily tasks.
CareOne assisted living communities offer a variety of apartment styles—from studios to one-bedroom and one-bedroom deluxe suites with patios. Apartments feature a private bathroom and shower (with assistive devices built in), a kitchenette with a built-in refrigerator and microwave oven, and an emergency response system.
Assisted living amenities and features:
•24-hour nursing and certified nursing assistant care
•On-site health center
•Restaurant-style dining three times a day in graciously appointed dining rooms
•Daily outings
•Activity and game rooms
•A private dining room available to all residents
•Resident health spa
•Private laundry facilities
•General community rooms for entertainment and events
•Full-service beauty salon/barber shop
•Activities and entertainment seven days a week
•Private living rooms
•Beautifully landscaped outdoor courtyards
•Daily housekeeping services
•Resident parking
Respite Care
CareOne’s respite programs are designed with the needs of caregivers and their loved ones in mind. Our services allow caregivers the time to attend to personal needs while their loved ones receive high-quality, uninterrupted care in a warm and supportive environment. Respite care is also a good option for people who would like to explore our long-term care services.
Respite care is available for as little as two weeks or as long as one month.
Sub-Acute Rehabilitation
When you’re recovering from an illness or injury, the right care is essential to achieving a safe, speedy and complete recovery. CareOne’s comprehensive medical and physical rehabilitation—offered seven days a week—enables patients to regain their highest level of functioning and health before returning home.
And because we know that recovery continues after patients leave our care, CareOne offers Next Step Home, our exclusive home preparation program. With assistance, education and support that begins on day one of admission and continues well after discharge, patients and their families are well-equipped to handle their care and ongoing recovery.
Next Step home features include:
• Physical, occupational and speech therapy seven days a week
• Home evaluations
• Care planning meetings
• Home simulation training
• Therapeutic recreational activities
• Patient and family education
• Community resource education and directory
Unlike most providers, CareOne offers dedicated units for patients in need of sub-acute rehabilitation. Patients receive as much rehabilitation as they can tolerate to maximize their recovery potential. Our programs are backed by the highest clinical standards and operating procedures, so patients are assured of receiving the most progressive care.
Our medical and physical rehabilitation team includes:
• Licensed physical, occupational and speech therapists
• Registered nurses