Brightview Mount Laurel - Mount Laurel, NJ

Don’t leave your loved one here

We moved our mother into Brightview Greentree into the assisted living and quickly realized that assisted-living term is very loose… Meaning there’s not much assistance going on. We had to move our mother out after years at Brightview because we had to bring in private duty aides to care for her and that drove the price up to nearly $15,000 a month for mediocre care . The washer and dryer on our mothers floor Was broken for over six weeks, meals were served cold,and aides actually “ hide “ to get out of work. The director position turned over multiple times and other then the original director, the rest of them were very incompetent in their job .
We learned a valuable lesson, look beyond The lovely facility… Make sure supervisors are on the floor watching your resident. No one is accountable to anyone, no one takes ownership and most of them pointed the finger to someone else when things went wrong. Very frustrating to us as a family as we were trying to provide the best care for her mother.

Enjoyed the tour. Liked the community very much. Location is just a little too far for our needs.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi! Thank you for leaving a positive review with your feedback. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your community visit. We hope you locate a community closer to meet your needs. If we can ever be of assistance in the future, please keep us in mind! Good luck!

Visited [Removed]. Met with [Removed]. Went with a friend who has gone through this experience. Extremely impressed, like the facility and the rooms and the services. Plan to go back with Mom - just not sure of how soon to take her there for a tour/lunch.
IMPORTANT NOTE: was told about Mt. Laurel low cost housing law and that they have rooms allotted if the person qualifies. Given paperwork to review/complete for the low cost housing. They also take Medicaid. Only think that concerns me is if she needed a skilled nursing home down the line, she would have to be moved.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to provide positive feedback! We're happy to hear you had such a great visit at the community, and hope Mom is doing well. Please don't hesitate to follow-up with questions or comments should anything arise. We are here to assist.

Summer 2017

Brightview is a warm, welcoming environment.
A charming building(resembling a Cape May Victorian)sets the scene.
Private rooms are the nicest ones I have seen. I visited several facilities.
The garden is beautiful. A pond is nestled among the flowers. There are many seating choices : rockers,comfy chairs,couches,umbrella tables.
The grounds are lovely;ponds,a gazebo.
The staff is so friendly and accommodating.You can be assured that your family member will be in the best of hands.
My husband arrived in July. He really looks forward to the bus [removed] has gone on a picnic,been out to lunch several times,visited Battleship New Jersey,Phila Museum of Art,and a cruise on the Spirit of Phila!
I want to thank everyone for taking care of him.
It is never an easy decision to choose a Memory Care home.But,choosing Brightview was the Best decision.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Elizabeth. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt feedback about your experience at Brightview Mt. Laurel. Our communities are beautiful, but, as you know, it is the people who make Brightview so special. Our associates are dedicated to ensuring the highest quality service and care to residents and their families. Wellspring Village is a fabulous environment and program for people living with dementia. And the outings are exceptional.

Hard to imagine better!!! Brightview is a great option to consider.

I recently moved my parents from out-of-state, and was blessed to have found Brightview in my own backyard. I don't even know where to start - the building and grounds are lovely - well maintained, clean, homey and welcoming; their apartment is bright and cheerful and more than meets their needs but is safe for them to get around; the staff is warm, friendly, and caring, knowing the residents and even family members easily by name; there are activities, outings, parties, and entertainment on a daily basis and the staff encourages everyone to find and participate in at least something. We can even bring the dog to visit, which is enjoyed by not just my parents but by many of the residents as well. On a more important note, the assistance they require from physical and occupational therapy is there onsite, their primary care provider visits them right there, and transport assistance is available for outside appointments when needed. The nursing care has been excellent, as has been the support and assistance from the entire Brightview team - from administrators, directors, concierge, and all staff. While no one place is going to be perfect, I've found no issues to be problematic from my first visit through now. Granted we have only been there for a few months but I can tell you that I am very pleased and impressed with our experience so far. After looking at multiple options, I felt it almost from the minute I walked in, and I have not been disappointed. Brightview was the right choice for us.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi DS. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We often hear that people don't realize there is a Brightview community in their area, so we are thrilled you found us for Mom and Dad. It must be nice to have them close by and it sounds like you make the most of your visits so far. Dogs are always welcome! Physical and occupational therapy on-site as well as visits by primary care doctors are so convenient. And, as you've discovered, we have the best associates who are dedicated to quality service and care!

Brightview is the best!

Brightview was the best choice for our mom. She loves it there. Everyone is very nice and caring towards her and the other residents. It's a beautiful place for her to live, the grounds are kept so pretty, the landscaping is beautiful! They look like they really put their heart in everything from the staff to the food they serve is very good! The activities seem to be keeping everyone on their toes!
I would highly recommend Brightview for anyone that is looking for a great place for their loved one!
Its also very clean and smells nice. Definitely not a hospital environment like many other facilities we have looked at before considering Brightview!
Keep up the good work!

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Tina, thank you for your positive review and feedback! We're delighted to hear that your mom loves it at Brightview Mount Laurel. Our team of associates is dedicated to ensuring our residents and families receive excellent service. We believe what make's it so comfortable and easy isn’t any one thing. It’s every little thing. The people, the place, the safety, the food, the personal touch, the activities, the peace of mind.

Thank you Brightview Mt. Laurel

Brightview Mt. Laurel is offering my Dad a great quality of life. Dad is living in a safe, healthy and friendly environment. The staff at Brightview is so helpful. They go out of their way to ensure the residents are happy. As family members making this big decision, we relied on the staff at Brightview to walk us through the information. All of our questions and options where answered. I feel in selecting Brightview, we made the absolute right decision. THANKS to everyone at Brightview Mt. Laurel!

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Mary, thank you for taking time to provide your positive review and feedback! It's great to hear your Dad is enjoying a great quality of life at Brightview Mount Laurel. Our team of associates works hard to ensure residents and their family members receive great service.

Finally

Sadly I needed to place my parents into assisted living. There are so many places available, I didn't know where to start. A friend of mine suggested BrightView in Mount Laurel. It was the best suggestion I have every received! My parents are happy and very well cared for. All of the staff know my parents names and are always available for my parents. I can sleep soundly knowing my parents are in the best place for them!

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Audrey, thank you for your positive review and feedback! It's great to hear that both you and your parents are happy with Brightview Mount Laurel. In all of our actions in every community, we focus on providing excellent service to our residents and their family members.

This would have been a great fit

We had a wonderful tour of this community and the staff did a great job answering all our questions. Everything was nice and clean the staff friendly and they had a very nice memory care unit as well that my mother-in-law would be able to transition to when the time came. It would have been our first choice but she liked another community better so we plan on keeping this community in mind for the future.

Brightview Senior Living

Thank you for the positive review and feedback! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your personal visit at Brightview Mt. Laurel. At Brightview Senior Living, we believe what make's it so comfortable and easy isn’t any one thing. It’s every little thing. The people, the place, the safety, the food, the personal touch, the peace of mind. If your mother-in-law is interested in the future please feel free to come visit us again.

So far so good

My father in law likes the food at this community. They offer daily activities and the staff have been helpful. They have nice grounds and the community is clean. This community is in a good location for us and I would recommend it.

Impressive entrance!!

My first impression when I walked into this building was very good. The had a beautiful entrance and the floor plan was very well put together. They had lots of great amenities and everything was so clean throughout the property. I personally thought this place just catered more to the assisted living side then they did the memory care unit. The assisted living was great but the memory care unit was very small and crowded. It almost felt like a nursing home in there and my mom would have not liked that.

The perfect place for my mom

Moving in was seamless! Everyone was friendly, supportive and helpful. The location is perfect for us, just the right level of support for my mom. Everyone is very attentive to her needs and they are responsive to our requests.

They recommended [Removed] to help move mom's furniture - he deserves SIX Stars! He showed up on fairly short notice and moved mom's furniture in just a couple of hours. And [Removed] knows the room layouts in Brightview so he can offer advice on what fits where.

We also retained an elder care attorney. I would recommend doing that to help with all the paperwork - setting up trusts, dealing with Medicaid, VA, etc....

Brightview Senior Living

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and positive experience about moving Mom to Brightview Mt. Laurel. We're delighted that your moving experience was seamless. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations in service and care.

A good tour!

I liked Brightview when I toured, The facility was nice and clean. The tour guide that took me around was able to answer any questions that came to mind, and give me helpful information. If it was up to me, I would have chosen this place.

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Our first Brightview impression was of a small, caring, welcoming community. Now that my parents are residents, this is confirmed on a daily basis. We established a relationship with BV several years ago when my parents put a deposit down in the event they decided to move from their home. BV sent us monthly newsletters, invited us to fitness classes and musical performances which we attended many times. When my parents to moved to BV, the staff worked tirelessly to help make the move as smooth as possible. Staff addresses residents by name, and communicates with family by phone and email in a timely manner, when we have questions and concerns. Meals are are tasty and well-balanced, and the entire facility is immaculate. The move to assisted living is a major life change not only for the new residents, but also their family. BV has consistently gone the extra mile to help make this step in the journey a positive one for all of us.

A tour.

The community looked clean when I visited it. The people I met during my tour were nice. They offer complimentary transportation and allow pets. I liked this community, however it was a little more expensive than the community we chose.

Exceptional Assisted Living

My mom has been a resident of B/V for over two years.
The place is immaculate! The staff is friendly and attentive.
My mom has more social activities than I do!! It is a wonderful place with a beautiful setting. The staff goes out of their way to accommodate the residents.
The activities are always fun. They go out a lot on bus trips and it really seems to keep them busy and socially active.
I highly recommend the Mt. Laurel facility.
The director is new and very nice. The previous Director was Meredith [Removed] and she was loved by all as well as
Kimberly the finance manager, Maria activities director and Fern are the very best.
Anytime you stop in there, you will feel good about the place where your loved one lives. It is exceptional!

Brightview Senior Living

Hi Kathy! Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. It is so helpful for others when they are trying to make an informed decision. It is wonderful that Mom is engaged and involved. The calendars are indeed always full of interesting programs. And there is so much going on!

My Parents Like it Here

Everything is working out very well for my parents here at this community. I had heard very good things about this community through a good friend of mine. It is a very nice community. They have good staff, they are very attentive and responsive. My parents are in good hands here. I know they are safe and being cared for well here. I would recommend this community, it has worked out well for us.

Recco

From the first moment I got there they were so helpful. It was a stressfull time for me and they made it so beriable. Would reccomend it for any family looking for quality care for a loved one.

Brightview Senior Living

Hi there. Thanks for your feedback. We understand it is a difficult and stressful time and are delighted we made it easier for you. Quality care is paramount at Brightview, and our teams of associates are dedicated to ensuring high quality service to all residents and their families.

BrightView is now DARK View

My parents were residents 3+ years. What began as a great environment derailed the final year due to management. The wonderful, caring staff were fired one by one, which affected the moral of the remaining staff & residents, & families. It also impacted the quality of entertainment, parties, and food services. Finally, we were charged for 6 weeks of housing and care for my father; AFTER his death, in spite of emptying his room within a week of his passing, & giving the required 30 days notice to move my surviving parent elsewhere. This problem was remedied and we received a refund, however it was not an oversight- it was intentional. Although I recommended BrightView many times in the past, I would not recommend this Senior facility under its present management.

Lake

I love the lake here. Its so nice I would say you should come check it out. I would recommend this to my other friends with family members needing the same type of care.

Something is very, very wrong

My father-in-law became a resident of Brightview Mt. Laurel's Wellspring (Alzheimers) unit in February 2015. After nearly eight months here, it is the opinion of our family that the quality of care that he has received at Brightview is inadequate, the cleanliness of the facility is unsatisfactory, and recent quarantines forbidding us from seeing him for over three weeks for scabies and other unknown pathogens running rampant in the facility have been completely unacceptable. We moved him out in October 2015.

I would definitely not recommend this facility for your loved one.

Everyone at Brightview is friendly but most importantly
Caring.

Caring, dedicated staff

We are very pleased with how things have gone so far at Brightview Mount Laurel! The staff here do a wonderful job staying in touch with families, which is a welcome change from other communities we have had experience with. They are very dedicated to making sure things get done right, and they really want to make sure each resident is getting the care that is right for them. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking into this sort of care in the area.

Very nice place so far!

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far everything has gone very well with Brightview Mount Laurel. We received several recommendations for this place, both personal and professional, and they've done an excellent job so far. Overall we are pleased with Brightview, and would recommend them to others looking in the area.

Strictly assisted living

Strictly assisted living

Amazing turn around

Mom was not a willing participant in the move and was very unhappy when we moved her while she was at a party. Within 24 hours she was a changed person and we are all very pleased with her progress. We are sleeping much better at night.

Was not impressed

I was not impressed during our tour. It was just too big, and didn't have the intimate atmosphere we were looking for. Mom had some mobility issues, and it would have taken up too much of her day just getting around this community. I didn't see as much staff as I would have liked on hand during the time I toured.

Going well for Mom

Everything is going fine for Mom here, she seems to like it. We originally just needed some respite care, but this worked well enough to be a permanent option for her.
The staff is nice, and seem like they're good at their jobs.
It's a very pleasant community, bright and cheerful on the inside, and has walkout patios.

Great community, but not for us

This was a lovely community. I personally know someone who works here, and was glad to tour. The facilities were nice, but we eventually decided on the Brightview Greentree, as I was interested in a newer community to place my Mom in.

Very friendly...extremely h...

Very friendly...extremely helpful w/ things to do think about etc

Enjoyed visit/tour. Dale Fox was del...

Enjoyed visit/tour. Dale Fox was delightful. The community is lovely.

Excellent -hotel like atmosphere Staf...

Excellent -hotel like atmosphere Staff friendly, interaction positive-

Visited - dropped from consideration ...

Visited - dropped from consideration - very positive first impression with birds and fish. Room size a little small. Not really set up for any kind of independent living -

I enjoyed the tour. Manager is so war...

I enjoyed the tour. Manager is so warm, friendly and down to earth.

very nice

very nice

Nurse visited my mom late in day, so ...

Nurse visited my mom late in day, so she was asleep and based her assessment on biased casenotes.

Brightview Mount Laurel has a lovely country estate setting as well as easy and convenient access to shopping, medical facilities and local attractions. Unique in the area, this community offers Assisted Living residences with personalized care and service as well as award-winning Alzheimer’s Care in a secure residential environment known as Wellspring Village.

Reminiscent of a turn-of-the-century mansion, Brightview Mount Laurel is highly regarded for exceptional quality of care and strong circle of family support. The distinguished residence and natural landscape, complete with ponds and water fowl, create a serene setting for enjoyable outdoor and indoor living.

Assisted Living features a wealth of services and amenities that make life easier to manage – and easier to enjoy. Delicious meals served restaurant-style, housekeeping, scheduled transportation, and flat linen laundry service. A Personalized Assistance, Service and Care Plan is developed for each resident’s unique needs. And attentive, well-trained staff is always there to provide a helping hand with everything from bathing to managing medications. Registered nurses are on site daily and available around the clock.

There is always something to do and someone to enjoy things with at Brightview Mount Laurel. Choose from creative projects, discussion groups, ability-appropriate exercise classes, hobbies, volunteer opportunities and more.

The secure Wellspring Village neighborhood is designed for the special needs of those with Alzheimer’s or other memory limitations. This award-winning program of care is delivered by highly trained staff in a positive reinforcement style of dignity and respect.

Brightview Mount Laurel serves the entire South Jersey region including Marlton, Medford, Moorsetown, South Hampton, Cinnaminson, Cherry Hill and the surrounding area.

City Info

Mt. Laurel enjoys a typical Northeast climate, including temperature swings and dramatic seasons. With a slightly older population, Mt. Laurel is well-suited to take in senior residents who have some form of transportation.

- Walkability Score: Mt. Laurel, NJ: Mount Laurel, NJ, according to WalkScore, ranks a 34 out of 100 on the walkability scale. This means that the town does require some form of transportation for major errands.

- Average Age in the Zip: The average age in this zip code is roughly 38.9 years old, making it a bit older than the average age of all residents in New Jersey.

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Zip: There are many senior facilities in this zip code, including Brightview Mount Laurel, Bright View Greentree, and Home Instead Senior Care.

- Average Weather Info: Mount Laurel, NJ has a more severe climate, typical of the Northeast United States, with large swings in temperature (highs in the 80s in the summer, and lows in the 30s in the winter). However, it does receive over 200 days of sunshine a year, making it more pleasant even with temperature swings.

- Veterans Facilities in the Area: There is a VFW post in this zip code, and a Department of Veterans Affairs location is just north of this zip code.

Transportation

Most residents of Mt. Laurel should not rely entirely on public transportation, as the best service (PATCO) operates outside of town. However, there are many private transportation options, including the major ridesharing companies (Uber and Lyft).

- Buses: While there is no public transport available by bus in Mt. Laurel, there is a coach express station in town, which operates Greyhound and Peter Pan.

- Trains: While there is no light rail or tram service in Mt. Laurel, PATCO operates just to the west of the city. This service includes light rail transport to different regional parts of New Jersey and allows seniors to ride at discounted rates.

- Taxis: Multiple taxi companies operate in the Mt. Laurel region, including Cherry Hill Cab, Allied Taxi Service, and Sam's Cab and Car Service.

- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft service the Mt. Laurel area. Both can be accessed and used by downloading their respective mobile apps.

Health and Safety

There are several medical facilities in Mt. Laurel, with the major hospitals either inside or very close to this zip code. While Mt. Laurel does have some crime problems in certain areas, they tend to be localized and are not widespread.

- Hospitals in the Area: The nearest hospital to this area is Virtua Primary Care Center. Other medical centers are nearby, including The Asthma Center and Virtua Cardiac Rehabilitation Medical Center.

- Crime Rate in the Zip: According to Neighborhood Scout, Mt. Laurel, NJ has a crime score of 56 out of 100, with 100 being the highest. Certain areas of Mt. Laurel, like along Academy Drive, are the safest parts of town.

Sports and Leisure

To find sports activities, you may need to venture a bit outside of this zip code. However, in the surrounding area, you can find a wealth of country clubs, parks, and public/private tennis courts. Again, it is important to have some form of transportation here.

- Golf Courses Nearby: While there are no golf courses in the direct vicinity of this zip code, there are several private and public courses nearby. These include Golf Performance Institute, Laurel Creek Country Club, and Rancocas Golf Club, all of which offer discounts for senior citizens.

- Tennis Courts/Clubs Nearby: The closest tennis courts to this zip code in Mt. Laurel are at the Crown Prince Tennis Club. Other options, like American Athletic Track and Turf, are nearby but outside the zip code.

- Senior-Friendly Gyms Nearby: The Township of Mt. Laurel provides a range of fitness courses and athletic activities for senior citizens at discounted rates.

Shopping and Entertainment

There is a wealth of options inside Mt. Laurel for shopping, eating, and entertainment. Mt. Laurel has a particularly high concentration of movie theatres.

- Clothes Shopping Nearby: The closest place to do some clothes shopping in Mt. Laurel is at Centerton Square Shops, where you can find outlets like Dress Barn and Target.

- Grocery Stores: There are major retail grocers nearby, like Wegmans and Shoprite, as well as boutique, local grocers, such as Roselli's Italian Market and Cafe, selling specialty products.

- Luby's Nearby: None.

- Other Restaurants: Mt. Laurel offers a number of traditional American fare eateries, including Prospector's Steakhouse and Saloon, Mama's Pizza Grille and Bistro, and B. Good Mt. Laurel. In addition, options like Peking Wok and Asuka Sushi abound.

- Movie Theaters: The closest cineplex is at Moorstown Mall. An AMC cinema is inside the zip code as well, with 24 screens playing the newest feature films. There are also several AMC complexes just outside the zip code, making film entertainment quite accessible in this town.

- Libraries: The Mount Laurel Library is right in town and accessible by public or private transportation.

- Attractions: For fun with the grandchildren, go to the nearby CoCo Key Water Resort, where discounts for children and seniors apply. Many public parks are also near this zip code, including Laurel Acres Park.

Religious Facilities

All faiths are represented in Mt. Laurel, but if you worship at a mosque, you'll need to travel outside of the zip code.

- Religious Facilities Nearby: Presbyterian churches are well-represented in Mt. Laurel. Catholic, Evangelical, and Fellowship Christian churches are nearby as well. Bait Al Qayam Mosque is near Mt. Laurel, and several synagogues dot the surrounding area.