Ambivalent towards care

It's the only one I could get my husband into this past March, as he was aggressive & other NH in our many counties' area wouldn't take him.
The Director is great, but can't be there all the time to be involved with the care and treatment & some of the nurses are overworked & not patient with my husband.
He has ALZ/Vascular Dementia & some days, he doesn't know me let alone where he is or who is with him. I have no idea what kind of shower schedule he is on, if any. He is incontinent most of the time & not being changed often enough. I began washing his clothes as items have gone missing. An afghan I made him last year went missing in April & no one has found it yet.
Yesterday, when I took his dirty clothes & brought them home, there weren't enough dirty clothes to wash for the 2 days, as he should be changed more often.
The meals are good & he eats well. Staff takes their lunch after all are set up with food & there are only a couple to give extra juice or make sure his food is warm & he is able to eat it. Meaning, it needs cut up and sometimes is cold. I visit every other day at lunch & there are not enough persons to help the residents for different needs.
The place was an old motel & is hardly the luxurious building as advertised. Elevator is so cold, husband won't get on if he doesn't have long-sleeves or jacket on. Fortunately, I had a clean long-sleeved shirt in my cart & put it on him so he would get on & go up to his room.
I moved from our previous home to another town close by to be able to visit him & still be part of his care. If he weren't so aggressive, I would have taken him home in March, but Dr & Social Services wouldn't let me.
I travel 45 min to see him & stay a couple hrs & make sure he is shaved & his legs and feet are lotioned with fresh sox.
I mark his meal sheets for his likes & alternative meals that he isn't able to have because of diverticulosis. Kitchen staff is great and know what most everyone has allergies & what they like to eat or not. No one goes hungry as they can have seconds.
Each room has it's own thermostat and heater & in hot months, individual AC units are available for each room's window. His room is comfortable, but on weekends, no cleaning staff is there & things pile up & smell. Some of the nurses put the wet, dirty Depends in the tiny waste baskets in the room instead of in the closed container I purchased in the bathroom & his room smelled terribly! I cleaned up & sprayed a disinfectant around for the smell and germs.
I don't know how the others deal with this, as I am not privy to anyone else's rooms or info. Even when one of the men who sat at my husband's table was very ill, no one told us when the man died. Very distressing to us who knew him. Because of Hippa, they are not allowed to tell us when someone disappears!
I bring my husband his favorite cookies, rolls and apples, extra cranberry juice and tea in bottles for him in his room. And he seemed ok when I was there with him yesterday, but some days he is annoyed & each day is different.
I believe this is what you want to read & if anything needs clarification, you may email me or call me at home in the afternoons or early evening. [removed].

[name removed] is the Director and is wonderful. I think she practically lives there too. LOL I have her cell and she always answers my questions truthfully. I have seen her interact with many of the residents and she is so kind and loving and helpful. The NH used to be a motel and the individual rooms are nice and each one has a bathroom. There is also a master shower room as most residents can't or won't take one alone without assistance. The place is old, but comfortable. It is only 1/2 hr from my house in Kane. [name removed] is doing well. He was having a dislike of some foods so I talked with Karen and the head cook and we have [name removed] on the list for grinding his meats like they did in the hospital. They are very respectful of him and me. I have brought him a lot of clothes and they are having someone change him when he is wet. I had been there everyday Wed thru Sun of this past week and then on Mon, I traveled back to Philipsburg to pack some of my household things here to take to my house in Kane. I will be changing my snail mail and I have already plans in action to reschedule my computer, tv and phone. I have a new phone number there. It is [removed]. I will be up there this coming weekend. My phone here in P-burg will be turned off on Fri as that is the day my friend and I will be moving my things. I still have my cell on me. It is [removed]. Thank you so much for being God's aide in all of this.