Sunrise Senior Living of Presque Isle Bay - Erie, PA

Very happy so far with my mother's transition from home to this facility. I feel they genuinely care about her and it gives me piece of mind.

Staff are nice!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time and I have to say things just went okay for her. The staff where nice and seemed to be attentive to her needs but there was a general lack of organization in this place. I thought everything from the meals to the quality care was just average.

Beyond anything I could imagine

The staff at this community have bent over backwards to help mom. They set up a live stream so she was able to watch her granddaughter compete in a competition. The food is good and they offer a lot of choices. They will set up a separate table for family so you can eat together. Mom likes to bake so they make time for her to go into the kitchen and help them bake. The staff are quick to respond to our concerns. They keep the community and her room clean. They take care of mom and keep me informed. I would recommend this community.

Nice Tour!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one and i during our tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. They even invited us to try one there lunches with them and it was excellent food. Overall great experience it was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

It is a wonderful senior place but it is a little expensive.

Beautiful place. Lots of activities. Friendly people. The only downside is a daily medication management charge.

I would recommend this community!!

My loved one is still adjusting to living at Sunrise. She is getting decent care. The staff are accommodating. They do have a high number of residents with Dementia so she does not feel she is able to make a lot of friends here. They offer daily activities and the food is pretty good. The community is beautiful. She has a nice apartment.

Helpful Staff!!

The staff was very attentive during my tour. They helped answer all of my questions and concerns. The atmosphere was very positive. I was able to see some interaction between the residents and the staff during some activities. The community was neat and organized.

Sunrise is a beautiful place. It is bright and clean. The staff is friendly and caring. My family member is living in the Reminiscence area. There have been no elopement issues and seems content to reside there. The food looks great and there are usually at least three choices of entrees at lunch and dinner. Being able to choose is important. There is encouragement by the staff that residents maintain as much independence as possible for the stage of the disease that they are in. It is a comfortable place to have a loved one live. The views of the bay are beautiful.

Nice place

It's a nice place, everyone was very friendly.

Going pretty well

Things are going pretty well at Sunrise Senior Living so far. The staff is nice and professional and the facility is nice. There are plenty of activities to keep the residents engaged and enjoying themselves. Overall, it has been a good experience so far.

I love it. I think it's a great place.

I love it. I think it's a great place. I am finding the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I think they have been providing what he needs, without overdoing it. The head nurse is really nice, they seem to be willing to stop and talk. I chose them because years ago my mom had been there, so I was already familiar. I liked them then and I like them now, so it's a five in my book.

Best senior facility in the area!

My mom had spent a short time at Sunrise years ago, and at that time I was impressed with all the same things I still am! Although my brother is still acclimating to this big change, so far I am very happy with Sunrise. The staff is attentive and friendly and willing to accommodate the wishes and needs of the residents. The facility is very clean and well maintained. The two maintenance guys I have met provided immediate help when we asked, and Stephan, the sales & marketing director, has been so helpful in many ways. I like the fact that currently there are about equal numbers of men and women residents, that various types of therapists are on premises, and that I can feel secure knowing that my brother is in a safe place which offers many opportunities for enriching his life.

Nice staff

Sunrise is a very bright facility. It has a comfortable atmosphere when you walk in. As far as I can tell, it is always kept clean. The staff is always very nice and are willing to help or answer questions.

We liked Sunrise.

We liked Sunrise. I thought it was a good fit for mom. I liked the natural lighting, and the way she responded to the staff. The pricing was good. We haven't gotten her moved in yet, but I think this is where it will be.

Lovely place

It is a lovely place, one of the workers knew my husband, Downsizing was a shock, previous resident had , they were upfront about pricing and direct about ttheir pricing. I saw the assisted living areas, not the memory unit, memory garden is available, everyone has portable gps units. We saw the sign up board for activities, residents seemed to be signing up. I saw a menu, looked like they had a nice variety, Room sizes seemed like a nice size, one downside they had generous closet size, but I didn't see any seperate storage.

The family is happy with Sunrise.

The common areas and the community on a whole is kept very clean. We had some issues with getting the schedule to the room cleaning started, also bath schedules, those kind of things. There were some billing issues. Just a little better communication during the initial setup the first few days, would be helpful. There are lots of activities, and the care and attention is there. The family is happy with Sunrise.

Great view, good staff, sad outcome

The location on the bay made this the place to be for my Dad. He moved in in August and enjoyed the view from his room immensely. There was a nice lounge next door to his room that worked well for visitors. Initially, we had some trouble getting his shower schedule sorted out, Dad wasn't crazy about the OT/PT staff on site and it took a long time for his electronic wheelchair to be ordered. Not long after that arrived, he contracted an infection in his foot. Because of poor circulation in his lower legs, he was hospitalized for six weeks, then was back at Sunrise for two weeks before he developed a blood clot and died suddenly. I liked the staff at Sunrise generally but wish they had been on-top of the infection (the fact that he stopped walking, for example). I live out of state and sometimes had to work hard to get a clear picture of what was going on. When he returned from the hospital with a higher level of care needed, they did a good job of caring for him.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thanks, The Sunrise Team

Would highly recommend!

This is a really wonderful community, the staff are very friendly, and so good at interacting with dementia patients. There are so many activities, and they are very good at keeping the residents engaged and social! I don't have as much experience with their assisted living care, but I would highly recommend this place for their memory care!

In elegant, residential environments, we deliver the finest in senior care, and are recognized internationally for both quality and innovation. Guided by our Principles of Service, Sunrise affords families peace-of-mind by providing today's seniors with a range of personalized personal care services. From assistance with activities of daily living such as eating, bathing, dressing to medication monitoring, Sunrise provides residents with the help they need. Residents maintain the same privacy in their new home as they enjoyed in their own home. At Sunrise, we encourage residents to challenge themselves while offering the assistance they need. We encourage family and friends to be involved, to visit frequently, and to invite residents on outings to community events. This innovative approach to senior care is designed to maintain independence and dignity, yet is balanced with the comfort and security that comes from knowing experienced help is close at hand.