Brookdale Yorba Linda - Yorba Linda, CA

Brookdale Yorba Linda - Yorba Linda, CA has yet not published prices.

They have a rehab hospital as part of the community

The staff here is extremely friendly and is always helpful when we are there. The facility is always clean; it seems to be very professional and well managed. The only thing that I did not care for is the central showers in the memory care section of the facility. They would have their own private bedroom, but would have to share bathing areas. What I liked about this location is that they have a beautiful outdoor courtyard that residents were free to go outside and enjoy it when they please. However there is no separate building for the memory care. It’s behind a locked door that you would have to walk through assisted living to get to it. I would still recommend this community. What I really like is that they have a rehab hospital that is a part of the community. If there were any medical care that is needed that could not be accommodated by the usual facility, they still have that capability on site.

Rocky Start

We had a really rocky start for my father-in-law. He had only been there one week and he fell from the bed and broke his hip. They were going to put an alarm on his bed but for some reason, it did not happen right away. There is a problem when the residents push the alarm to go to the restroom it can take up to 25 to 30 minutes for them to respond. They have said they are understaffed. The staff on hand are very friendly. And the nurse always stops what she is doing and answers all of my questions and concerns. They have a lot of activities that my mother-in-law participates in, but not too many for father-in-law now that he is in a wheelchair.On the plus side, my in-laws get to stay together in the same room. Financially it is a good fit. The director was very accommodating. The maintenance is really great, recently their air conditioner broke down and they came to fix it immediately.

Think twice before bring mom or dad to brookdale !!!

The worst place to take your mom or dad!!!!!!
The nurses are rude. All of them are unprofessional and not sensitive at all. I had my father there he was transfer from hospital they didn't even check on my dad all night just left him there. My father was so dirty from his bottom and his depends was full of bm and rashes from the irritation of his bm. Bleed from his penis. It was overwhelming for me, words can not describe how upset I was.

Care and comfort

This is a good community with good care. The staff are nice and attentive. The menu is appealing and a variety of meals. The community does offer activites to the residents who want to participate. We would recommend this community for other families looking for the care for a loved one.

Nice Experience

We had a good tour of this community it looked very nice and well maintained. The staff was thoughtful and informative. All my questions were answered. Everyone was very kind to my family and myself. It was a good experience.

I would recommend this community!!

My mother in law enjoyed her short respite stay at this community. The staff were helpful and encouraged her to participate in some of the activities offered. They offer activities such as cards, board games and exercise classes. She liked the food. The community is clean and well maintained.

Good but could be better

Good staffing, with exception of the weekends.
Need to improve food ...have heard complaints from residents , i.e., unable to chew some meats and poor quality of bread used for sandwiches.
Not sure why some residents are left sitting in their wheelchairs near the nurses station for extended period of time.

It Is A Good Fit

The care is going good and very well for my mom. It is good that I am to keep in touch with the staff and they are nice people. I believe my mom likes the meals that are served. Activities are available and the staff try to encourage my mom to get involved. I would recommend this community.

Took a Tour!!

My mother was looking for a community that would allow her little cat. Brookdale Yorba Linda is a pet friendly place. Activities on site and of site offered. I really was looking for a place where she would be able to get to get around with little assistance this community is recommended for someone that needs more help.

Our Tour Was Good

It was a fine community and I got to meet with the directors. They provided me with all the information I needed. The staff and residents seemed to enjoy the atmosphere.

I would highly recommend Brookdale Yorba Linda!!!

The staff at this community is very friendly and attentive. My Mother-in-law seems to enjoy the food. She is not one to participate in the activities offered but she does like to go outside and visit. The community is clean and well maintained. She is currently in the skilled nursing are and we are hoping she will be moved to assisted living soon.

Mom is Happy!

I would highly recommend Brookdale's Memory Care facility. Our mother had previously been in a very nice Assisted Living facility, but they were not equipped to provide the staff attention and redirection necessary to address her increased dementia issues - so our search began. After visiting about 8 facilities we narrowed it down to two that had very similar philosophies. We chose Brookdale because of proximity to family. It also had been recently updated with an open garden and patio area for residents, which the other facility did not have and our mother enjoys. But the most importantly our mother is happy here. They have been able to reduce her medications which decreases her anxiety and get her involved in activities and interacting with other residents.

Disaster with Medications

Day after day, I met with the nursing staff regarding my loved ones medications. It was a disaster. I complained to the doctor, head nurse, shift nurse, etc. all to no avail.

I finally brought in the needed medications, but after 3 days they found them and took them away. Then I get a bill from Omnicare for $800.00 for drugs. Drugs that were to come home with her, but never did.

I have attempted to discuss this issue with the Administrator, Randy , but he will NOT return any phone calls. I am now contacting the Elder Laws for a resolution

Facility looks nice, but functions horribly. Beware that if your loved one is placed her, you must be there daily to make sure they are okay. Every patient needs an Advocate and should not be left alone.

The only department that seemed to care was OT and PT. They really work well with the patient.

Thank God we got her home in 2 weeks and hired caregivers to meet her needs.

Overall a positive experience

My aunt came to BYL as the result of a hospital admission leading to transfer to BYL skilled nursing and then placement in memory care there. Overall the process was much easier and better than I expected. It took a while for the staff to realize her Dementia as she could hold her own for short periods of time. Being in SNF for 3 weeks helped sort things out. She is now where she needs to be and as happy as possible. I was bit dissatisfied with the lack of medical information transferred from the SNF section to memory care. Also getting doctor's records was a challenge. Overall they are doing a good job. I was able to add Hospice to help fill in and am very pleased with their services. As I live out of town communication has not been optimal. Yet the staff seem interested and engaged, making this an overall good experience.

glad we made the choice in this facility.

Everything is going good at Brookdale Yorba Linda. The staff are very attentive there. They go above and beyond at keeping me informed. I don't see that they need to improve on anything. Really anything that does need improving they are on top of. I am really glad we made the choice in this facility.

I think the staff tries there best!....

I think they are very caring they try their best!....Nothing further to comment at this time.

Brookdale YL

When looking for a place to put my elderly father who suffers from dementia this placed seem to have all the needs met..Things start off good, and go to bad fast.They have activities and music time that at first they took my father out to, then as I started coming to visit I noticed he was not out any more.. I would find him in his room just looking out the window, sometimes not even dressed. or trying to get dressed, but he couldn't get his pants up by himself.. He went in there walking rather well, but he was soon put in a wheel chair, I'm sure it was so they could push him instead of waiting for him to walk to the dining room. When I asked if they would make sure my dad got out to activities with others they said yes, well that never happen.My dad feel several times, needing a trip to the hospital once for staples. They only get a shower twice a week, and they put most people in diapers, that don't get changed very often, so I feel if they are in dirty diapers daily they need a shower daily. They are very understaffed, and have very few RN's working there. Once I came into my dads room and he was laying on there floor, he had fallen and no one had even noticed him on the ground, or if they did they didn't stop to help him back up. I had talked to staff many times, asking them to do small things, like make sure hes dresses, take him to activities, asked to do his laundry that was overflowing since he had been in wet diapers for so long his clothes got wet too. One time I was visiting my dad in his room, it was lunch time. No one came and got him, I finally took him, 15 min after lunch had started, they said oh there you are... Really!!!! you didn't notice him not there, or just didn't care. No one checked his room to see where he was or seemed upset that he wasn't eating. I have know Idea how many other meals hes missed, because he didn't know it was time to eat, or no one came and got him. You need to supply all needs, diapers, Kleenex, personal products. This place in big bucks, so I would have thought diapers and Kleenex would be provided. I have since moved my dad to a place where the people shower him everyday, twice if needed, he is happy, he goes to activities, they take him outside for morning coffee he talked to other people and is much happier, This place is half the cost of Brookdale and does 100% better job..Best thing I ever did was move him out of Brookdale.

If you love someone don't place them here

From the moment we arrived we had problems they did not give my dad medications no baths threw diapers on him and he has NEVeR worn them lazy incompetent uncaring and not knowledgable at all the staff was dismissive we had to call for outside help do not put your loved one here the director of nursing didn't even know how to do a simple check for possible stroke. The head nurse need i say more. There was a woman [removed] in a wheel chair by the front door when we arrived asking us to help her please help her now we know why? We got our parent out of there asap.

lack of honesty and transparency

i am a social worker and was checking out Brookdale Yorba Linda on behalf of some people I was helping. She has dementia and I don't feel that they were very transparent about the cost that would be needed to care for her. As the care she needed increased upon further evaluation, the price really shot up as well.

The facility itself is very nice and clean. But the lack of honesty and transparency was an issue.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

nice facility, some room for improvement

We have had some issues lately with them not delivering on some of the services they provide. For example, the laundry service has really fallen behind our expectations recently.

It is a very nice facility. They are remodeling right now (painting the hallways, redoing the carpeting, etc.) and I know it will all look really nice when done.

The staff for the most part tries very hard. Unfortunately it just seems like there have been a few things that we have had to continuously have to get onto them about. Issues with her meds, issues with the laundry, etc.

Brookdale Senior Living

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Your input is very important to us and we will share your feedback with our management team.

I didn't like this place at first, but i'm liking it now.

I didn't like this place at first, but i'm liking it now. It just took some time to transition from my lifestyle. The inside of the facility is very clean. The cleanliness is excellent. Everyone there is nice. The care services are excellent. The level of care is great. The activities are pretty good. Overall, It has been a pretty good experience so far. It just takes some time to transition. I can't rate the value because it's not applicable.

Helpful and attentive Staff

The place clean. The food very good. The staff was very helpful and attentive. The staff met all my husbands needs. Overall, we are happy with the services at Brookdale Yorba Linda. My husband is happy.

The staff is nice and the community is clean.

It going good my dad likes their were some hiccups with med dispensing and communicated this with the admin and they corrected the issue. The food is good and my dad has met alot of people and overall I have piece of mind that he is being taken care of very well. The staff is nice and the community is clean. I would definately recommend Brookdale Yorba Linda

Brookdale Yorba Linda Assisted living

Home setting, very warm and friendly, everyone greets you and helps you with what ever your need is.
I do feel that they evaluate the condition of your loved one a little higher than they really are to put them in a higher level of care, which each level of care had a higher price.
I will be talking to them about this, and so I don't know how to give them a good review over
this matter.
Other than that I give them a great rating.. they are very caring and give each elderly person as much time as they can..
They have been sold to Brookdale, so it will be nice to see if any changes are made good or bad in the next few months.

Things are going pretty well.

Things are going pretty well. The staff is nice and the community is clean. They have a really good activity program. The food is kind of bland, in the memory care they don't have a lot of options. The correspondence back and forth could be improved. When I call and get voice mail and they are not quick about getting back to me. The late fee is 150$ and that seems really steep.

Seemed Nice

I just went and looked at it. She never lived there so I don't have that much experience. They seemed friendly and everything seemed nice but that's always the case in the beginning.

Loved this one, but we cannot afford.

Loved this one, but we cannot afford.

Good

Good

Brookdale Yorba Linda is a senior care community in Yorba Linda, California. Our community is conveniently located in Orange County near the Inland Empire. Yorba Linda is consistently named among the best places in the United States to live by CNN and ranked as of America's best small cities by Money magazine.

At Brookdale Yorba Linda, we offer a range of services, including assisted living and memory care. Our continuum of care services means that residents can age well in our community, knowing their needs are able to met without having to find a new senior community. We have a holistic approach to care that encourages independence while being readily available to offer assistance when needed.

Our premier community is highly regarded throughout the region as an exceptional senior community, offering luxurious care services in a home-like environment. Residents enjoy a wide range of services and amenities, including:

Impressive choice of entrees served in our restaurant-style dining room
Spacious apartment homes with kitchenette, walk-in closets, walk-in shower
Pet friendly community
Fitness programs specifically designed to meet the needs of seniors
Housekeeping and flat linen services
Medication management
Regular monitoring of health and review of personal care plans

At Brookdale Yorba Linda, we have built a warm and dynamic community, and we invite you to join us for relaxation, enrichment and fun.