Brookdale Walnut - Walnut, CA has yet not published prices.

Absolutely loved the outdoor space, especially in the assisted living area, although there was ample secure outdoor space also for memory care. First impressions of staff were very positive, as was their interaction and ability to care for the memory care residents.

We visited this facility. It looks nice. However, there are very few Chinese-speaking staff to meet our needs.

Facility was clean and decent. Disappointed that when we called they had openings, but when we arrived 20 minutes later they had no rooms available.
It was "waiting list only". Nonetheless, the room fee plus the care level fees were extremely HIGH in comparison to other similar facilities in nearby cities.

While this community was acceptable, it wasn't quite what we were looking for.

Nice Place

I had recently taken a tour of this community and I have no complaints of how things had went. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the floor layout and thought they had a nice selection of amenities for the residents that where there. It was just no the right fit for us location wise in the end decision.

I like to say that I love this place because it has a home feeling to however the food isn't all that good . The sell was that they'll cook "anything " you want is false. The dinner staff gets a 1 and a half. One employee is rude and doesn't listen to the request of some of the residents. I sat at a table with a man named [Removed] and he ask the server for ice cream and he waited over 25 minutes for it.There were 3 servers and about 15 residents; I think it can be better. For the prices we pay the food selection should be better . Activities are half hearted at best. I guess since most of these people aren't cognitive they don't seem to care.

Everything is going well!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far I have no complaints of how things are going for her. The staff are friendly and I am comfortable with the care they have been providing her. She has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall we are happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Nice folks!

The people were all nice and very helpful with me. They showed me around and I liked the community. They were cooperative. The place just was not the right fit for me at the time. Nice residents as well.

Pricey!

The Brookdale Walnut was very nice but pricey. The place was clean and well maintained. The staff were all very friendly and took me around the whole building during my tour. Overall a very nice place just not what we were looking for.

A Place For My Husband!!

I feel that my loved one is in a positive atmosphere. The staff always have a smile on their face. My loved one does say that the food doesn't have much taste to it. Cristina took care of an incident that we had in my loved ones room. The housekeeping is only done once a week. It would be good if they did it more than once because my loved is not able to clean anything and when we go visit the room is not very clean or organized.

My MIL just recently moved to this community and is doing excellent. The staff has called her by her name since the first day of moving in! Very friendly and trying their best to make her feel at home!

Nice location. Overall could use upgrades. Worn appearance. Nice size apartments. Reasonable prices.

Slowly Adjusting

My step mother is slowly adjusting with the transition of the move into the community. The community is very clean, no concerns there. They do have a good staff they are pretty helpful and kind to us. I feel they need to be a little more attentive and responsive to the residents. She has made some friends with other lady's at the community, and she enjoys the food. I would say this is a nice community you do have to give and take a little bit. Overall this would be a community I would recommend.

All in all, the staff is nice.

Things weren't getting done that should have been and I had to yell at the management, but then they got things together. The working staff is nice. All in all they are nice, except for a couple people. I would rate the food a four, it is decent. I would say someone is in there 60's to go elsewhere but like my mother in her 90's, it is good at Brookdale Walnut.

I looked here when I was touring, and I liked it.

I looked here when I was touring, and I liked it. It looked like a nice place. It was a little too far away to really be a viable option for us, but it was nice.

They've been warm and welcoming and and have made my mom feel comfortable and at home.

extremely friendly

The staff there at Brookdale Walnut are all extremely friendly. Everybody knows my mother in law by name. I have noticed their friendliness every time I have visited and she has commented to me about it as well.

The only thing I'd say where they could improve would be to have a little better communication with the families.

Other than that everything has been just great.

really good

Though we have not been there too long, so far we have had a very good experience with Brookdale Walnut.

They have been really good for me and my mother. My mom is really new there and it has been an adjustment, but thus far things are going very well and I have confidence that it will continue to be so. The place is very clean and well kept and they have a lot of good activities to keep her engaged.

Fairly Nice Place for My Mom

Brookdale Walnut, formerly Emeritus at Colima- I would rate as fair overall.
Staff are generally very friendly and helpful, the most important consideration. The restaurant-style dining still needs much improvement - cleanliness, menu choices availability and staffing. Adequate staffing for residents is needed.
The apartments are nicely laid out with an enjoyable courtyard with water feature. The studio apartments are a good size.
The acitivities provided could use a bit more variety than mostly bingos.
Hope these recommendations help to make it a nicer place.

Great Staff

My parents have been residents since last year. During that time, both their mental and physical capabilities have deteriorated. The staff has been friendly and helpful, and especially patient. Every staff member greets my parents by name. Recently, my mom returned from a hospital stay. Many of the staff came to her room to welcome her back. I was touched by their attention.

Great Experience

My mom was there only for four days at the Emeritus at Villa Colima, but our overall experience was great. I would rate them with 5 stars.

Nice looking place, very friendly director

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. This was a nice looking community, and we had a great experience with the director. She was very very nice, and had a lot of information that helped us out with our search in general. However, the rooms here were small compared to some places we saw, and the parking situation would have made it very difficult for her frequent visitors.

View from a new resident's family.

Every employee I have met at Villa Colima has been helpful, knowledgeable and genuinely happy to be there. They seem to make remembering the newcomers name a priority and then they use them frequently. My mother said she has so many new friends that know her name and that she was working on getting to know them all and that is just the staff!
My mom has said that the food under the new style of restaurant eating program is a bit less tasty than it was prior to the change, but that has not stopped her asking for seconds. Other than that, she likes everything about the place and that makes my brother, sister and I very happy too!
Thank you for taking care of her.

Out of the frying pan, into the pot...

Dad came here three years ago, with basic care about $1300. Now, I see at several websites that basic care is $1995, and they are making residents that are paying less very unhappy. The director, Cynthia Edwards, said to me over and over about my dad, "If he doesn't like it here, he'll have to find another place to live." That's exactly what she wants to do. She moved him in with a roommate that takes his things, breaks his things and writes, "get out," on all his things. The director wants to make him unhappy until he moves. He went to the hospital this weekend, and when he came back his wheelchair was broke. She offered no assistance when he complained and then handed him his thirty day notice.

If you are going to live here, it had better be short term, because they won't care about you unless you are paying top dollar.

Dad came here three years ago, with b...

Everyone is very friendly and has "be...

Everyone is very friendly and has "been there" before in this process to assure me that all the fears and concerns are normal.

the staff goes above and beyond

Loved this place. beautiful area. great location. wonderful staff. I'd recommend this place for sure. the staff is very caring. they will do whatever it takes to make sure you are comfortable and have everything that you need. great activities and good food. great place.

Villa Colima, Walnut CA

So far we are extremely pleased! We just moved mom in and everyone at Villa Colima has been extremely helpful in every way. We are confident that we have made the right choice and this will be a new better life for mom!

Happy

I would get their rates in writing because that’s one of the things that we’ve had some challenges with is that my loved one’s rent has changed in the last three or four months and even today they’re not really sure what the rent should be. My loved one is very happy there.

I placed my sister and brother-in-law...

I placed my sister and brother-in-law there but they only stayed 3wks. it was not the right place for them. my impression from the first walk in the door was it was more of a convelescent home than assisted living. The people sitting in the lobby sleeping etc. was not appealing.

The food was sub par that I had and they also couldn't eat the food.

Very Helpful and Understanding

My mom was taken really good care of. They did a really good job, I thought. It seemed like there were a lot of activities. They had Bingo and outings and I think they had a movie night. I thought that they were very helpful for me. I used them just for respite care. I considered place my mother there full time but things just didn't work out that way. I think they did a really good job. They were very helpful and understanding. I was very appreciative that they were conscious of the fact that this was not an easy thing to do.

Wonderful staff

The cleanliness is good, they seem to keep the facility clean and the grounds kept. They're very friendly, the staff is probably the strongest point. I'm fine with my moms care, they keep me informed if something happens, they're fairly responsive to their needs and they seem to feed them well and keep them groomed and so forth; hygiene is good. They go on a field trip once a week and my mom seems to enjoy it. For me it's fine, I feel more at east knwoing she's getting the proper care and I'm comfortable. The only thing that I wish they did was that they would administer injections, but I guess they can't so I have to figure out how to take care of that.

Nice facility. Staff was friendly to ...

Nice facility. Staff was friendly to residents and visitors.

Very nice facility. Mom will require...

Very nice facility. Mom will require the highest level of care they provide. A 1 bedroom apt is usually available.

We are nestled in a pleasant neighborhood adjacent to a golf course and a private children's school. We are close to shopping centers and medical facilities. We have staff that have been here for over 25 years. Combined we have over 200 years of experience in the senior care industry. We were the recipient of the 2015 Alzheimer's Walk award for participating and fundraising. We are part of the Brookdale family that serves over 100,000 residents and 80,000 employees. We are a community that serves our residents and families by listening, understanding and providing solutions.