Brookdale Troy Memory Care - Troy, MI

Brookdale Troy Memory Care - Troy, MI has yet not published prices.

Do not let your loved one live here. The director has no control over her staff. Residents are unkempt and unclean. The shower room where they bath residents is disgusting. Food is terrible.

Pretty Similar To Other Communities

We toured quite a few communities and this one was very similar to all the others we looked at. The staff was very friendly and nice gave us very good information. The community was clean looked very good. They had a secure outside area for the residents to roam if they wanted.

I moved my mom out

This community and its staff are terrible. The person at the front desk is terrible, she's extremely unfriendly and rude when guesses come to visit and they stop at the front desk to sign-in, She makes a terrible impression and it goes downhill from there. This community is very poorly managed, it is [Removed], smells and the residents have to ask for things like toilet paper and then they're given just 1 roll. I made the mistake of using the public restroom and it was absolutely horrible inside [Removed] and who knows when it was cleaned last. It did not take me long to move my mother out of this community.

Not The One For Us, But Tour Went Well

I did not have any problems during my tour of this community. My tour went well overall, and the experience was a nice one. The community looked nice, and everything was nice, and clean. The staff I met was kind, and helpful. It was not the one for us, but my tour was a good one.

Wonderful Community

I couldn't be any more satisfied with this community. My mother is doing wonderful since her move here. The staff is great. They are very caring, and proactive. The community is nice, and clean. They offer nice meals, and good activities. This is a community I would recommend, my mom is well here.

First choice among providers

We spent a good deal of time visiting memory care facilities, and Brookdale was always our first choice. The location, the activities, the menus, and the dignity shown by all staff has been absolutely great. We are a large family, and that has caused some communication issues to arise. Specifically, when we became aware of our loved one's dementia, the ability to take care of medications was still intact; however, we did not pay attention to the service charge for medication oversight--unfortunately, when our loved one was re-evaluated for admission, it was determined by all that this service was needed. It is very important to be aware of all charges so that you can budget appropriately. I really like how their Facebook page is kept current, and I can see my loved one participating in activities!

Unique Community, Very Nice

My tour of this community was a nice one, everything went well. The community looked great. From what I saw the community appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind, and informative. My questions were answered. The experience went well, but their rates were too expensive for our budget.

I am very pleased with the care that my spouse is receiving at Brookdale. The staff is most pleasant. He is always clean and so is his room.

Wonderful care and place.
Staff is very friendly.
Matters are taken care of.

I have been very happy with the care my mother receives at Brookdale. The staff is attentive and caring. Anytime any issues have arisen with Mom, they notify me immediately and provide great support in finding a solution. The programming is well focused on the abilities and attention level of the residents. We consider ourselves fortunate to be a part of the Brookdale family.

FOOD

FOOD IS TERRIBLE,TRY PUTTING SOME GRAVY ON THE MASHED POTATOES. NO CONDIMENTS, WATER IS THEIR DRINK. YOU DO NOT HAVE A CHOICE OF HAMBURGER OR HOT DOG, HAMBURGER IS TOO EXPENSIVE. HOW ABOUT SOME SOFT BUTTER. FOOD IS CORPORATE RUN SWILL. TODAY THEY SERVED, AT LEAST A WEEK OLD PULLED CHIKEN. DRY AND STRINGY, CHOAKABLE. THESE ARE HUMAN BEINGS, TRY MAKING THEIR MEALS EDIBLE.

More Engagement

I think the staff at Clare Bridge of Troy can maybe improve on more engagement with the people that are trying to be cared for, like with the different units. I thought that the food was on the good side though.

Brookdale Senior Living

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We will share your feedback with our management team.

Very nice place so far!

We've only been here a few weeks, but so far our experience with Clare Bridge of Troy has been a good one! The facility itself is very nice, I like the layout, and they do a great job keeping things clean. The staff is friendly and professional, and they do a great job looking after the people who live here.

It's a very cute place.

This was a lot more reasonable in price. It's a very cute place. It was a tad isolating there. There is no speaker in the room, nobody would hear her. It's a very well run facility. There's a little area that looks like a town. They keep everything locked up. They call it assisted living for the memory impaired, but it's more like a nursing home. It's very fancy, very clean, and very impressive. They do work with the residents. They have different rooms where they can do things together.

Very attentive and friendly!

It's a great organization. Very attentive and friendly staff...communicate well with families. I couldn't ask for a better place!

love the people there, but not at corporate

The people at Clare Bridge of Troy are wonderful themselves, however some of the people at the Brookdale corporate level I do not care too much for. They coordinated my mothers care very well.

Expenses and Care

The staff is willing to work with the family of residents, and they've always been courteous and helpful with my requests. As with any institution that charges \\ala carte\\ for all the various services offered, I have found it in my best interests to stay on top of all charges as they vary from month-to- month depending on the requirements of the resident which can be ever changing. I try to monitor everything, including the laundry service. I have had to request they do the laundry for my resident when it has accumulated over several days. I have found the medication policy there to be ultra expensive especially since I have to pay separately for the medications themselves. I realize this world operates on suppl y and demand, but I feel some of the charges are outrageously high. Policies are set at Corporate, which is why I monitor all charges and services to make sure my resident is receiving the care I am being charged for and that specific services are necessary. All in all, I'm satisfied that my resident is receiving good care. As far as I know, the staff treats my resident with dignity and respect. That is important to me.

Review of Clare Bridge of Troy Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Troy, MI

The facility is beautiful and well thought out. The staff were all very friendly. It is one of our top choices but we are not sure if it will be too overwhelming for dad.

Too large and too busy

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I just didn't feel like this was a place that our loved one would have been comfortable. It was a large, corporate feeling facility, and it just felt too busy. There were too many people, the decor was busy, and it was so large that I felt turned around and lost during the tour (and I am not the one with memory issues!)

Excellent Care

The staff is excellent and very good with my mother. We appreciate all the care and attention they give her. Excellent Memory Care Center.

Very nice place!

I'm very pleased with how things have gone with Clare Bridge of Troy! I've had experience with other senior communities and Clare Bridge has been the cleanest, kindest, and most caring facility that I've worked with. I'm very very satisfied, and I would give them top marks across the board.

Too many unexplained/unresolved issue...

Too many unexplained/unresolved issues.
Bordered neglect due to understaffing on weekends and nights

Clare Bridge is THE place for your loved one!

The team at Clare Bridge was stellar! My mom went in back in March of 2013. She was quite agitated, confused and scared. Staff stayed up with her during the night, walked with her and talked with her. It only took a couple of weeks for Mom to get accustomed to her new home. All of the staff was so wonderful with my mom, getting her involved in activities, and talking with her about her family and her life.

We were always consulted with first if there needed to be any change to her medications. We were very lucky Mom had long-term care insurance to pay for her stay. She passed at the beginning of this year from lung cancer. The caregivers were right by her side her last days. I cannot say enough great things about Clare Bridge!

Excellent place, with one disturbing exception

Our overall impression of Clare Bridge of Troy was excellent at first - they were friendly, caring, and professional. Our mother was fairly happy there and adored several of the staff members. We had one very disturbing problem, however. Our mother's LTC insurance required a nurse to be on site 24/7. Clare Bridge's printed materials were a little nebulous on that issue, but we were assured by both the Clare Bridge Executive Director and Marketing Director that they met that standard. We fought with the insurance company for many months trying to receive Mom's full benefit, even contacting an elder care lawyer to advocate for us. When our lawyer requested that Clare Bridge clearly state in writing that they have a nurse on site 24/7 there was a new director on staff. She refused, admitting that their nurses are available by phone 24/7 but are not always on site. We were gravely disappointed to learn that we had been deliberately mislead for months. Their deceit caused us and our mother much grief, time, and thousands of dollars. She wept when we were forced to move her to another residence that has a nurse on site 24/7, but she now receives her full LTC benefit and has nicely adjusted to her new home.

Very dissapointing experience with Mom

Mom moved into this facility with known basic health concerns of the elderly that were manageable if attended to on a scheduled basis. The site agreed to manage these needs. We choose to provide our own incontinent supplies - after several weeks in residence, it was clear that these supplies were not being used as directed as there were far too many supplies in the closet storage based on suggested use. It was shared by staff that Mom had stopped eating and drinking for about two weeks causing severe dehydration. Mom was seeing a physical therapist on a daily basis for several weeks - to our knowledge this person notified anyone of noticed steady decline. As a result Mom developed a severe bladder infection requiring hospitalization and eventual death. The site communicated nothing to the family prior to emergency hospitalization. The site appears to be going through a major transition - departure of on-site nurse, new director, new LPN head nurse, continual new faces of care givers - much training is done on the job or relies on previous experience. We observed that several did not have adequate training and we were needed to assist in her care during last weeks. The site was not adequately staffed to meet promises made at move in. Daily rotation of staff assignments does not allow for day to day observations of residents for significant changes in behavior. Medications are dispensed as directed +/- one hr per site procedure - however, this should not apply to pain medication prescribed every hr. The on site Dr was no where to be found when Mom was hospitalized nor after when in hospice at the facility. We do not recommend this facility in its current state.

Sad way to treat our loved ones!

We just moved our mother out after 3 days! Not enough staff, very few activities, residents (remember with different stages of dementia) allowed to roam freely into other residents rooms, kitchen area , etc with no supervision. I walked around for over half a hour to find a med tech only to discover they had her meds wrong on the mar. We were promised the world before we moved her in, once in it took hours to contact anyone in management to correct just the medications error alone! A extremely costly choice of facility on our part, not just money wise but could have been healthwise also!

Great Place

From the first visit that my husband and I did before informing the family of the home we were very pleased and happy with the place. We felt that this was the proper home for our mother and she would get the care she needed and now its been almost 2 months and she had no problem adjusting and the staff is wonderful, and very patient and loving to everyone there. They have many activities to keep them busy throughout the day and I hear from my mom the food is GREAT. Overall i would recommend this home for anyone looking for a place if you need one for memory care its wonderful.

Very appealing to the eye.

I needed to find a memory care facility for my 91 year old Mother. She still is "with it" to the point where it was highly important that I find a facility that was up to her standards of cleanliness and overall appeal. Clare Bridge has very attractive leisure rooms for the residents to accompany the adequate size resident bedrooms. There was no odor anywhere and all residents were dressed/groomed as if they were receiving good supervision.....exactly what I needed for my Mother. The facility is "private pay only" so I'm sure it is managed with an emphasis on cleanliness and overall visual appeal to go along with an efficient staff. Holding off on giving "5 Stars" on Care and Activities until my Mother has spent more time at Clare Bridge.

Very Attentive and Friendly Staff

They are amazing. They do activities during the day, and then they have outings, unfortunately she doesn't participate but they do things like go to the Tigers games. They always have a lot of people with them watching them. They're very, very, very attentive to the residents. Very, very attentive. They are really good. It is wonderful. When she got there she was on so many meds and they took her off of a lot of them because she didn't need to be on so many. Quite wonderful - and the food is amazing.

Alzheimer's Care

When I went there my mom was still in an assisted living frame of mind so to see that advanced stage of Alzheimer's was way too scary for my mom and for me at the moment.

This is currently where my ...

This is currently where my mom is living. They simply don't have enough staff, and if someone doesn't come in for a shift, there isn't a replacement.

No Restrictions

We really like that it’s all memory care. Mom can walk around without any restrictions. She can go outside into the courtyard. The people are wonderful. Mom said the food is a bit bland but her doctor has her on a no salt diet.

specializes in memory care

specializes in memory care

Brookdale Troy is an Alzheimer's and dementia care community located in scenic Troy, Michigan. Troy is a great community to call home, boasting activities, community centers and recreational opportunities for all ages. They city has a dedicated 50+ program, specifically designed for the Troy senior community. The program is very active, with over 400 people participating in it and encourages seniors to stay active and healthy.

Residents at Brookdale Troy enjoy as much as independence as possible, knowing that our dedicated staff is available around the clock to help when needed. Our staff is carefully chosen to work with seniors who have memory impairment and to help them focus on finding meaning and purpose in our engaging community.

Our familiar but gentle routine helps people living with Alzheimer's and related dementia feel comfortable and at ease. Our award-winning daily routine includes:

Mental exercises including discussions and brain games
Physical activity such as walking or dancing
Individual and group activities to practice life skills
Enriching activities tailored to the unique interests of each resident

Everything about Brookdale Troy is designed with residents in mind, from our one story home, to the decor of our interior to our enclosed walking areas. We are dedicated to keeping your loved ones with cognitive impairment safe and sound while improving their quality of life.