Safe Haven Adult Foster Care - Auburn Hills, MI

Best place live

I thank God that my wife and I found this place for my Mother. Place is nice and warm and caring about taking care of others. MY Mother look better then she did at assisting living just take money and did not do much for her. I glad that she at safe haven.

I am so glad my brother and myself moved my mom there. The staff and homeowner are so warm and wonderful. They really feel like family. My mom is in late stage dementia and they are taking such good care of her. She could never get this kind of care in a nursing home.

Wonderful place

The owner and staff here provided excellent care to my loved one, who suffered from dementia. They provided excellent, compassionate care to my loved one, and we are so grateful that she was able to pass in such a comfortable and caring environment. I would recommend Sage Haven to anyone looking into care for their loved one.

Great!

Safe Haven Adult Foster Care is great. It is a very clean and safe area. It's upper middle class. I rate the activities 4 stars because they haven't really done any activities because of the winter weather. I would highly recommend this community,

Outstanding, Personalized, Loving Care

My brother and I have been thanking our lucky stars that we found Safe Haven. My mother is getting the individualized, personal care that she could get nowhere else. Mom is so happy in her new home. The family that runs Safe Haven treats her as a precious member of their own family. They offer us so much help with arranging her appointments and getting her there. They pay attention to every detail. The owner is very familiar with how to handle the various aspects of Alzheimer's Disease gently and carefully. We get much useful advice. They arrange for many professionals to provide Mom's care right at home as well. We never knew that our sad situation of having to take Mom out of her own home could work out so well. The highest ratings on this review are not high enough to rate the outstanding care my mother is receiving.

Home that is home.

I thank God for Safe Haven. The contrast between the care my dad was paying for before - and typically not getting - and what he receives now, for considerably less money, brings me to tears.

Review of Safe Haven Adult Foster Care Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Auburn Hills, MI

This was a beautiful home in an established neighborhood. Well maintained both inside and out. An excellent location a few minutes off of either I-75 or M-59. There was only one resident at the time, so it offered greater staff involvement than the other homes that I looked at. The neighborhood setting was lovely and peaceful. There were many trees with nice places in the front or back of the house to enjoy the outdoors. The streets around the home looked quiet and inviting to take Mom for a walk in her wheelchair. There was also an advantage for my Mom that the owner shared the same Catholic faith and was active taking the other resident to church on Sunday. This was my first pick.

Safe Haven is a 6-bed capacity home licensed under the rules of Adult Foster Care. It is designed to provide residential care to the aged who may require help to manage their incontinence, nutritional and medication needs, hygiene and grooming and to those who suffer from Alzheimer's and Dementia.

The mission of Safe Haven is to provide loving care and quality services to maintain the pride and dignity of our aging population so that it can continue to enjoy an independent living lifestyle for as long as necessary.

My late husband, Jose Gonzales, Jr. was my inspiration when I opened my small group home facility, The Safe Haven Adult Foster Care, in August 2006.

Having taken cared of Joe for 13 years and 4 months nurtures in me an unyielding passion not only to take care of the sick adult and those who suffer from Alzheimer's disease and dementia but most especially the family and friends who take care of their love ones.

As the illness progresses, the physical and mental demands on the part of the caregiver can gradually become overwhelming. Physical tasks like bathing, dressing and aid with toileting may require total assistance. The level of supervision required also increases with time. Night time behavior may not allow a caregiver to sleep, and with some patients, belligerent or aggressive behaviors may exceed a caregiver's ability to cope or feel safe.