Brookdale Sussex - Sussex, WI

Brookdale Sussex - Sussex, WI has yet not published prices.

The Other Community Tour

We came to see the community for a tour and the person who was our guide did a good job and they were able to answer the questions I had and did well letting us see the community. My mom thought the room was too small for her. She wanted an apartment that she could call her own, not just a room. We had to look at another option.

April Jehlik

Thank you for the review! We understand that room size can be a factor in deciding on the best community for your loved one and are sorry we did not have a larger option available at the time. We do at this time have our largest suite available should you still be interested and we would more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.
Warm Regards,

Overall A Great Community, Mom Is In Good Hands

My mother is still taking some time to adjust to her move into this community. However I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. I do feel comfortable with her move to this facility, I have no problem with it. It is a beautiful community with kind people. They provide good meals, and nice activities for the residents. Hopefully with some more time my mother becomes comfortable with this community, and I would recommend it to my friends, and family.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review of our community. We are pleased that you chose Brookdale Sussex and will do everything we can to ensure that your mother is safe, taken care of and provided for. We are glad that your mother is adjusting to her new home and understand that at times it can be a slow transition in the beginning. Please let any of our staff know if there is anything we can do to assist as your mother adjusts to her new home.
Warm Regards,

Husband Is Well Here

Everything has worked out well for my husband with his move to this community. They are taking good care of him, and his needs. The community looks nice when I come to visit him. They do a good job with the cleanliness. They provide meals, and good activities for the residents. The experience is going well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review! We are glad that your husband is adapting to his new home and is enjoying all of the great amenities that Brookdale Sussex offers. Thank you as well for the recommendation!

Personalized care!

The transition is going very well! The staff are amazing and the facility is very well run!The director is also so amazing , and they giver very personalized care. My loved one also liked the facility because it is smaller and has more of a personal feel.

April Jehlik

Thank you so much for your review! We love when families share their feedback and are so happy that your loved one is enjoying Brookdale Sussex. We would agree that our director is amazing as well as our care givers who provided the personalized care for each and every resident. Welcome to the Brookdale [removed]

Options for care

I toured this community I did not like the small rooms. The community had a odor from something that had been cooked and that was not good. We know that they have activities for the residents. Families might want to consider a tour of this community for the care of a loved one.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review of our community. We understand that building and room size is personal preference and at times our small home-like community is not the right fit for everyone. We do prepare all of our meals fresh out of our open kitchen so at times odors may linger after meal times. We will keep this in mind in the future and look at a solution for meals that may have a stronger odor. Please let us know if you have any other questions while you are searching for a senior living solution.
Brookdale Sussex Management

Excellent Experience at This Community

This is an excellent community, and we a good, but short experience. My brother in law was here for a short time, but during his time here he was happy. Everybody is very kind, and helpful. He loved the meals, and enjoyed his time in this community. I would highly recommend this community, it is a very nice place.

April Jehlik

Thank you so much for your kind review! We are very proud of the care that we offer and are pleased to know that your brother-in-law enjoyed his stay with us. Please feel free to stop by anytime for a visit, a snack or just a cup of coffee!

A very nice place!

I really liked the Brookdale Sussex when I toured it, but they turned down my aunt because of her limitations. We chose another community but this one would be a great choice for someone looking.

April Jehlik

We are so happy that you enjoyed your experience at Brookdale Sussex. We are sorry that we were not able to care for your aunt but are happy that you found a community that will meet her needs. Please keep us in mind in the future should you ever be in need of an assisted living again. Warm Regards, Brookdale Sussex Management Team

Extremely Satisfied!

The community is very well maintained and the staff is extremely friendly. The administrative staff has been very helpful and is always willing to talk and keeps us well informed. The activities are well planned and numerous and the AD encourages all to participate. Mom really loves the home cooking. Clients are given personal attention and treated with respect.

April Jehlik

Thank you for the positive review! We will be sure to pass your comments onto our associates and congratulate them on the great review. We are always happy to hear from our families and appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide the best care to all of our residents and love hearing about it.
Sincerely,
The Brookdale Sussex Management

Review of Brookdale Sussex - Sussex, WI

This was nice but had a large one time fee. I didnt like that the rooms had no shower. The staff to patient ratio was 9-1. This didnt meet my husbands need.

A Bit on the Small Side

I think they were very friendly and my dad enjoyed the people there. Being a little bit on the small side there were not a lot of activities. The hallways were small which made it hard getting through sometimes, especially with wheelchairs. They only had one-room studio apartments, so they were not very big rooms.

April Jehlik

Thank you for your review of our community. We understand that building and room size is personal preference and at times our small home-like community is not the right fit for everyone. I am glad your dad enjoyed our staff and residents and I will be sure to pass that along. Have a wonderful day!

All is going well at Sterling House. ...

All is going well at Sterling House. I'm satisfied with the services, friendliness of the staff, cleanliness of the facility, and services they offer.

Nice looking place

We toured this located when we were looking into care options for our loved one. This was a nice looking place overall. It was well kept and clean, and the staff were all very friendly. However, this was not a locked facility and wouldn't work well for Seniors that wandered, so it wasn't a good option for Dad.

I don't understand them

Right now, I'm not understanding Sterling House. My mother tried to get off the back porch twice in one day and she didn't get off but we were told that we have to have 24hr supervision so we had to have family take off of work to sit with her. We hired somebody on Sunday and since then she had gotten out and now they're not saying she needs the supervision anymore. I don' know what's going on.

The guy that's there for managing it is new - he's young. Most people there are in wheelchairs. There are only 3 of them out there that are mobile. My mom is more with the dementia and she can get agitated so it's kind of like a learning experience.

Brookdale Sussex, Wisconsin provides assisted living for seniors in a homelike environment. Professionally trained staff are available around the clock to aid your loved one with daily tasks, such as dressing, bathing and grooming. Medicine dispersal and doctor's orders compliance are supervised. A clinical nurse is available on call, and all units are emergency accessible. Chef-prepared meals and snacks are served in the elegant dining room, with dietary options accommodated. The landscaped lawn is ideal for a walk with a pet or visits with family. Indoors, the cozy common areas are inviting for a book or game. Transportation to medical appointments and outings is provided.