Autumn Bay of Pewaukee - Pewaukee, WI

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE place. DO NOT SEND A LOVED ONE HERE!.

This was the most awful place my sweet parents lived. They begged me to move them out. I wish I had done it sooner.
I paid for everything extra and the care was rude and [Removed]. My dad wore other people's clothes and whenever I visited their room, the closets were a mess and the environment was [Removed].
My father had an infection and my sister and I had to deal with it on our own. The staff would not help my dad at all.
The food was terrible, poorly and carelessly prepared.
The owner and her daughter gave me a very nice sales pitch but it was totally false
After my mother died I moved my dad out immediately to a wonderful facility in Brookfield for the same cost, but they provided everything I had been purchasing myself for Autumn Bay. I absolutely resent this facility. They were HORRIBLE.
I felt so terrible knowing my parents were not being cared for for 6 months while I lived out of town.
Don't use this facility. It is horrible and the nurses and owners are awful. I reported it to the health department after I moved my dad out. It is a total [Removed] off. The owner doesn't care about the patients, only the money. And the nurses don't care either. They go out for a smoke. They are lazy. Some assistants are students working part time.
Depressing conditions, [Removed] staff, unhealthy food, NO care, NO compassion, NO love, AWFUL.

Still adjusting...

I picked this place because it is close to my home. My loved one is still adjusting and is not thrilled with meal time. From what I hear, they do not have many choices available. Other than that, the staff is easy to work with and the community is clean. I try to take her out as much as I can and give her a change of scenery.

Feels Like Home!!

We would highly recommend this community to a friend because the staff is amazing. They are taking very good care of my loved one and keeping her safe. She is very comfortable living there and is never o=alone, she is always either outside or with the staff. The meals seem to be very good, during one of my visits, I noticed she was eating a lot more than she used to which surprised me, I was very happy to see that. Overall I am very happy with my choice of this community.

A New Development

I liked most that this community is about 2 years old, it appears to look very nice. The staff are confident and thorough with the care provided. Again, I found that this community has an open yard with a small 4 foot gate to secure residents but I felt if my mom wanted to she could get over that gate. Lastly, there was another wait list to move in.

Autumn Bay

The nursing aides gave my mother in law extra attention, they took her for walks, as that was her passion.

Unprofessional - no "care" in caring

Unprofessional - felt like I was in high school dealing with the owner. They do not provide the service they say - they only care about the paperwork because so many things are wrong they have to cover their tracks. Care of the residents is last. My family member fell -[removed] - was taken to the hospital and when I tried to contact the owner she said it wasn't an emergency so why did she need to call me. They didn't follow up of her care after the hospital and never get the rights meds in the right time frames. Stay away - No communication - they are bullies.

Not really assisted

Short handed for the level of care needed. No nurse on staff daily - especially weekends. Director not professional and staff not properly trained - high turnover. Small and new and they can feed you a lot of lines that aren't true. The problem is from the top down. Disorganized management.

STAY AWAY

It deeply saddens me that my loved one had to spend their last remaining days in this facility. I am still guilt ridden by their policy of them telling us (family) to limit our visits to only 15 minutes a day because they said it would help the new resident adjust to the new facility. Now I wish I would have spent more time with my family member but AB discouraged me for doing so. Don't they get it...these residents are scared, lonely and confused when they move into new surroundings so having a familiar family member would only be comforting to them. And don't let the Activity Calendar impress you - most of the time, none of those activities even happen, especially at night and on the weekends (e.g., Lawrence Welk was on the calendar but when you'd get there, it was not on tv and they already had most of the residents in their rooms for bedtime!) What a disaster this whole experience was and I will always feel guilty for not getting my loved out of this facility sooner; he unfortunately passed away very suddenly (?).

Your elder will not like Autumn Bay

One of my parents was at Autumn Bay for over a year. The place was new, clean, and bright. Management said there would be a 24 hour nurse on duty, full time cook, etc etc. Well none of that happened. All the good staff has quit and those that remain should seriously do something else. We regret taking my parent to that place. [removed] is the director and when confronted on issues of care, she always twisted it to blame it on the resident. I have witness some not so dignified treatment of other residents while visiting. I have seen staff ridicule other residents right in front of their resident spouses, just sad. There was also a lot of hollering at shower time and just in general, lack of compassion. there are better places. Dont take your parent here.

Unprofessional and uneducated

We were referred to this place by a previous resident before they passed. We scheduled 2 times for a tour and not once did management show up for our tour nor did we get any courtesy call stating they would not be there. We are from out of town so this was not acceptable for us. We ask one of the girls working if they could show us around which they did. There were dirty dishes sitting on the counter just piled up, it looked to be that all their residents were sitting in the common room watching tv, staff was also sitting on the couch on their cell phones. Their activity calendar was not updated. We did ask if all the caregivers were cna certified and we were told no. We decided then this was not the place for our father. We thank the girl that have us the tour and left. I feel that this community is not in any way professional to care for anyone's loved one by what we seen.

Be Careful of this Place

The administrator (daughter of the owners) as well as the head nurse are young and inexperienced and don't understand the first thing about Parkinsons or any memory care disease that they claim they specialize in; therefore, they don't train their staff properly either. This place has all sorts of riduculous policies and rules, none of which benefit the residents or visitors. Be careful of this place; don't let the "newness" fool you. Check out their high mortality/resident turnover rate and you might think twice about this place.

the tour was not confirmed ...

the tour was not confirmed and the person who was to show us the facility was not there. A staff member did show us around but could not answer all of our questions. We thought this was too small (not enough people to interact with) and did not have enough activities. The only resident we saw was a woman parked in front of a TV in a wheelchair. We do not want to consider this one any more.

It's a very nice place. We are happy with it.

It's a very nice place. We are happy with it. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They are all very expensive, and this is about average price. The are good about responding to a concern or a request. She loves the food. We liked that it was smaller, and it was in a nice location.

Autumn Bay is a very nice place. It's...

Autumn Bay is a very nice place. It's clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and very helpful.
This was a good place to move my mother into. I am very satisfied with this placement because I know my mother is in a safe place.

Poor care

Awful experience. Owner's family only cares about their business and the facility. The residents come last. Resident care is neglectful. Very sad situation for the residents here. Activities were good just not often enough. Food was good.

Autumn Bay of Pewaukee

My parents lived in 2 other facilities before moving here about a week ago. Autumn Bay is a small, family owned facility– important to me. Mom has dementia and dad is physically frail. They have a nice, roomy apartment together. Dementia patients are not separated from others. The facility's open floor plan seems to provide positive energy for all. Everyone dines together. The staff is responsive and mature, very caring, experienced and knowledgeable about needs of the elderly. They provided a very smooth transition, physically and administratively, for my parents and for me during the move-in process. Autumn Bay's costs are comparable to other facilities and I feel the service is outstanding. I feel we made an excellent choice. I believe my parents are comfortable.