Matthews of Pewaukee - Pewaukee, WI

Very Poor

We toured at Matthews, and I found the experience to be very poor. When I arrived for the tour, no one seemed to know anything. The staff were not helpful or informative, and they did not seem knowledgeable to me. I also did not like that the residents did not have their own bathroom, they had to share one.

My tour

This looked like a nice clean community when we visited. The people we met were nice and they offer some nice amenities. This community does not offer a full kitchen in the apartments.

Absolutely beautiful facility! Smelled great too. This would be my number one choice!

New Beginnings

It's very hard when you have to reach a decision on what's best for a loved one. I finally realized that mother need more then the family support. It was with sadness that we as a family began looking for a place that we felt would be safe and that would give her love and kindness and help her with her daily activities as needed. My sister and I were impressed as soon as we walked into Matthewes Of Pewaukee. It was well maintained and everyone seemed happy. We met with Leslie and toured the facility. As we walked around all the staff was friendly and what I found was the people that lived there were also friendly and they seemed happy. They weren't just left sitting and staring at a wall. I paid great attention to the way the staff talked to the people and listen to their tone of voice as they addressed their concerns. They were as it should be. Concerned, courteous and respectful. My sister and I left there feeling that this was a good place for mother. We soon brought mother to see the Matthews home. She walked in and she felt just as my sister and I did. I told her I had another place to show her but she said no that she would be happy there. Mother has been there two weeks and she is adjusting to her new environment. So far we are very happy.

A Good Tour

When I went to see the community it was a nice place. It has a lovely outdoor. The facility seemed neat and tidy. After touring, we found this was not a right fit and they were full at the time.

A safe and comfortable place.

A safe and comfortable place with healthy meals and caring staff.

I am hoping to see more outdoor and fresh air activities this spring and summer.

My Mom has only been here about a month, so I'm observing as we progress along. She seems to be adjusting to the changes but with dementia she has her good and bad days. The staff seems to be in tune to the needs and how best to deal with them.

It was a nice place and I liked it.

We toured here as we were looking for options. It was a nice place and I liked it. Ultimately we chose a place where my loved one already knew some people, and was in a convenient location. I did like this when we visited though.