Almond Heights Senior Living - Orangevale, CA

Almond Heights Senior Living - Orangevale, CA has yet not published prices.

Nice community for my grandma!

I just helped my grandma move in here and I am so happy she is starting to make friends again. I had lunch the other day and the food is really good! My grandma loves the dining room because it's bright and loves the chandeliers. Everyone who works here has been extremely helpful to us. I can tell the care staff cares about helping the people who live here when I see them help my grandma.

My mom isn't quite ready to move from her home, but we loved our experience at Almond Heights when we visited! It was very active and we met so many different staff members-the chef was even kind enough to come out and introduce himself to my mom and I during lunch. I wish we had gone to Almond Heights first rather than spend so much time touring other places. We will definitely be back!

Friendly Staff, Very Welcoming!

Very clean and we can always tell that staff enjoy working here. Everyone says hello! My husband and I visit a lot and we are always greeted with a big smile from the front desk. That means a lot to us. My mom has been living here for about a year now and I am so happy that we were able to find this community. Just had dinner here yesterday and the food is amazing!! Thank you [name removed] and waitstaff for always taking care of our family!

Liked everything about it, this is the one we choose.
great staff beautiful community great food.

Horrible Experience

Called for information and got the used car treatment. Insisted that I be transferred to the marketing department, placed on hold for about 10 minutes (which feels like an eternity), then some girl who sounded like she was 10 years old came on and wouldn't answer any of my questions. When I did stop by, there was nothing going on and patients were asleep in the lobby. I was told to wait because all of the administration were on their lunch break. I finally just left. Wouldn't consider putting my worst enemy here.

Unhappy Family

My mother lives here and we are looking for another place to move her to. Staffing is our biggest complaint. The old leadership was much more caring and interactive. The new Administrator rarely comes out of her office and the new nurse supervisor is incompetent. Her own staff told me that she's only been a nurse for 6months. She makes excuses and forgets requests all of the time. The building is beautiful but the environment is boring and non-caring. My mom went to the last resident meeting and even the president said they were considering moving to another community.

Nice Tour of This Community

I had a nice tour of this community. Everyone was kind to my family, and I. The experience was a good one. Everything I saw appeared to be nice, and clean. The staff I met was kind, and friendly. I did find a fit for my mother, but my tour went well of this community.

Thefirstresident

My husband and I came directly from Syracuse NY and were the very first residents to move into Almond Heights. It was September 2015. There are many options for senior living in the area. I'm so glad my daughter chose Almond Heights. I've loved it from the moment I walked in. Love everything about it and would never consider living anywhere else.

A Founding Resident

I've read the reviews and it's not what I experienced. My wife and I were one of the first to move into Almond Heights almost 2 years ago. We moved from another luxury senior facility. Comparing activities and food, Almond Heights offers many more choices in activities. The exercise video is played in the fitness center where there is plenty of other fitness equipment to use and there are different exercise classes throughout the day and week. My wife prefers the video exercise in the morning because it's the easiest one for her to start the day with. I use the equipment and the walking path. We also really like the food. It's not fancy, it's homestyle. Everyone has their own tastes, but the majority of the residents like the food. If you don't like the special, there's plenty of other choices. What's important to us is that I feel like the staff really cares and tries hard to make us happy. If you just tell someone you aren't happy, they would listen to you. And this is coming from a residents and not a family speaking for the resident.

A Top Notch Experience

My folks were in town from New Mexico to attend my nephews wedding. We didn't realize until they got here how much assistance they needed. We toured Almond Heights without calling ahead. We were able to talk to the Marketing Director and the nurse in charge. They came up with a solid care plan to transition my parents from out of state. The nurse was very patient with my parents who were reluctant. Even the Administrator came and introduced herself and invited all of us to stay for dinner. The waiter came and explained the menu and we had a wonderful family dinner. The chef suggested we sample many different things and we did. Everything was tasty and the other residents came and introduced themselves to my parents. In the end, my parents felt more at ease and are ready to move in!

Could not ask for a better experience

Last weekend, I came to take my mother out to run errands. I ended up staying at Almond Heights and enjoying a music concert that the activies department is hosting throughout the summer. It appeared that all of the residents and other family members were also enjoying the atmosphere. The next day, we enjoyed a delightful Mother's Day breakfast. A couple of days later, my mother went out shopping with the other residents. My mother used to live at home by herself and stopped being sociable. The staff at Almond Heights really worked hard to help her meet others and to fit in. The food has been wonderful and we eat with mother at least twice a week.

Almond Heights needs help

My mom moved in over a year ago. The food has dropped in quality since she moved in. Breakfast is good dinner is aweful. The family quit eating there because it is so bad. Chicken every other day. Same soup for lunch and dinner. Very little flavor. I found they give them a lot of carbs and very little protein. Blue Bunny Ice Cream for lunch and dinner 290-340 calories and over 50% fat let alone the high sugar????
The activities are almost non existent compared to other facilities. A video that they call excercise but maybe 3% of the people go as it is the same videos for a year while the director of activities sits in her office. No bus trip to fun places they don't even want to take you to the doctor but call Uber or Lyft for you which all the other facilities accommodate Dr Appointments. Really??? Someone needs to help this facility as it keeps dropping in quality.

Feels Like Family

Friendly staff on top of their jobs at all time. Very friendly residents.

Service With A Smile

I feel at home, safe, and sound. The staff is very friendly and caring. Service with a smile

My mom is at Almond Heights. The Food is not very good dropped in quality and quantity since she moved in a year ago. Chicken is on the menu often and dinners seem to be the most challenging. The families don't seem to be eating there as much which is an indication. Care is inconsistent in timelines and there seems to be turnover of employees. Facility is new and very nice. Activities are very limited and not many outside the facility activities via bus. Not many activities per day in comparison to other facilities. The budget must be tight as there were no Thanksgiving decoration on the dining room tables or Christmas to enjoy the marginal food by.

Above and beyond!

This place has been fabulous. The staff is so accommodating! We like that the dining room is open 12 hours a day with so may options for meals! The food is great, they are very willing to customize a meal! Very happy here! Thank you Almond Heights!

I am happy my aunt is at Almond Heights as I feel she is safe there!!!!

My aunt is settling into Almond Heights very well. The food is not always consistent and they run out of the specials but they are able to order off of a side menu. The community is new and they have a lot of state of the art technology. The place is elegant, like living in a grand hotel. She is able to keep her dog there with her. She is involved in activities and went on an outing.

Welcome to Almond Heights Senior Living

Resident engagement is the primary goal of living at Almond Heights Senior Living. Located 25 miles northeast of Sacramento in sunny Orangevale, the facility offers many levels of care to include assisted-living, memory care, and respite care by board-certified staff members 24 hours a day. Studio, one, and two bedroom units are equipped with state-of-the-art baths and kitchens for easy and safe usage by residents. With affordable rates that include chef-prepared meals and snacks, on-site laundry and housekeeping, and a vast assortment of social and recreational activities, residents are proud to call Almond Heights home.

If you come to visit our community, you might hear us say “our residents don’t live where we work, we work where they live.” That’s because the idea of creating an inviting, comfortable home for our residents is the foundation of Almond Heights’ culture. Our residents take pride in where they live and our resident council, which every resident is encouraged to join, has a say in everything from the entrees on the lunch menu to the card games on our enrichment calendar. At Almond Heights, our residents drive change.

If you or a loved one are looking for a senior living community where residents feel welcome, valued and heard, we’d love to meet you. Call Almond Heights Senior Living today to schedule a tour.