Meadow Oaks of Roseville - Roseville, CA

Very nice, my brother, [name removed], is going to go check it out.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for taking the time to leave our community a great review and 5 star rating!

Really nice Facility.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for the great star rating and for taking the time to review our community.
-Westmont Living/Meadow Oaks of Roseville

We were very impressed with this facility. They had a good list of activities and the staff seemed very helpful to the residents. The only problem was that that the studio apartments were very small. Too small for our needs.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for taking the time to leave great feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to get to know our community & staff. If we can assist you in any way in the future please let us know. -Westmont Living

Real Close To Home

This was the only community that we had toured and we both agreed upon it because it was close to home and it seemed like a nice community. From my knowledge, my mom is doing good. She is meeting new people and doing activities. I have not heard anything about the food whether or not she likes it. The staff seemed friendly and nice.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. -Westmont Living

Very nice facility. Expensive.

Extremely satisfied!

My father is a resident at Meadow Oaks. Our family is very pleased with the care he is getting. The community is very clean and the staff is helpful and always friendly. I highly recommend Meadow Oaks to anyone looking for a wonderful place.

Tammy Lee

It started off good but as time pass I was disappointed

My mother was placed at Alta Manor (the same building) before Meadow Oaks took over management in May 2016.
Since Meadow Oaks took over, even though she had dementia, the staff put her in assisted living. With all the constant turnovers, she was eventually, emotionally [Removed], (the RSD had problems getting her the right medication) and when there is no trust with the staff, she digressed. Then the staff blamed her for not wanting to take a shower, clean her room or wash her clothes. I had to be a liaison between the RSD and her doctors. Moreover, I found medications in her room, I wasn't the only one. When the corporate personnel came down, and found that my mother's room could hold two people, (I believe money motivated), they wanted her out of the room and when I had another potential caregiver check my mother out, she overheard a staff say "yeah, they want her out because she and her room smells."
The staff always blamed my mother, never to take responsibility. M.O. charges alot of money. The last days she was there, since they knew she was leaving, they stop trying to get her to take a shower or wash her clothes, I had to stay on them about it. My advice to those who are thinking about putting their loved ones in M.O., make sure you check on your loved ones all times of the day, pop-up. A patient with dementia cannot tell their loved ones what is really happening in there. It doesn't matter if you pay on time, and work with them, the bottom line is the bottom line.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for alerting us to your concerns. We apologize that your experience was less than positive and did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves in responding to our customers concerns to ensure we can make immediate corrections when possible.

We have relayed the concerns directly to our team and would appreciate your time to further discuss any additional specific information that may help us resolve those concerns. Please reach out to us. We value all of our residents and families and your insight is of the up most importance to our Westmont Living Family - Westmont Living

Good community

It's a nice community.It appears to be clean and the staff does their job.

HORRIBLE!

The experience with Meadow Oaks was traumatic.My husband was here for ten days. They didn't give him a shower for 8 days. He got an eye irritation. They weren't taking him to the restroom in the middle of the night, which they assured me they "checked" on residents every two hours, I guess checking and assisting them the restroom are two different things.He ultimately got a rash and needed to be on antibiotics. He fell multiple times. He ended up with pneumonia and had to be admitted in the ER where he later passed away. I would not recommend this place to anyone! They didn't have enough staff to care for residents like they promised.

Beware!!

So far, NOT so good. This place seems to be understaffed. My husband has been there for 10 days and received his first shower Yesterday!! He is incotenent and has accidents everyday. He has developed a sore on his behind that requires antibiotics from being left in a wet or soiled depends. I am giving my 30 day notice after the first week. DO NOT PLACE YOUR LOVED ONE HERE.

Very clean community!!

My husband was only at this community for a short period of time but while he was there we where very pleased with his experience. The facility was always very clean and the housekeeping team did a fantastic job at maintaining his room for him. The food they served was healthy and well balanced with various options for him to choose from. We where overall very satisfied and would defiantly recommend there services to anyone.

Excellent Care

I am very happy with the care that my mom is receiving here. The staff is very nice and caring. It is a clean community all over. They do offer activities that are offered. I would highly recommend this community for other families for good care.

Looking Around The Place

This was a good community to visit. They were able to provide me a lot of information about their care. They were a good place but not a good fit. All seemed to very nice and the staff seemed to do good. The upfront cost was too much for our budget, not an easy accommodation.

Tammy Lee

Thank you for your positive review. We appreciate you taking the time to review our community. We have alerted the staff about your concern. -Westmont Living

Not acceptable

Can you please explain to me why you would show a new room when it is not available to a prospective hospice patient's family? Why would you lead a family facing the death of their father to believe they are getting something not available? It felt like a case of bait-and-switch, being shown a new room straight from a Hollywood movie set and then being provided with a much smaller, drab, dingy room instead.

Can you also explain to me how your staff can be so lacking in basic training as to leave spilled bodily fluids on the floor for a family member to clean up? Can you explain to me how you would find it acceptable to place a resident in a room you never indicated would be their room, and leave the toilet in such a highly unsanitary condition, with the feces of an unknown person literally floating in the toilet? Can you further-explain to me how your staff could be so bumbling while transferring a patient as to bump their head?

I understand your facility was recently purchased by the real estate investment group, DiNapoli Capital Partners. Perhaps [removed], the CEO of that investment group, can move beyond being interested in real estate and start taking an active interest in quality care. This is not an apartment or boutique hotel. This is a senior living facility, which offers memory care and rooms for hospice patients. What is needed here is honesty, quality care, and professionalism -not marketing hype.

Mr. DiNapoli might also wish to visit the facility and find out why its senior non-medically licensed manager falsely stated that RN services were available when they most certainly were not. He night also want to find out why other non-medical management attempted to coerce the LVN into moving my father-in-law in a manner that was unsafe and not part of any standard of care whatsoever due to lack of proper equipment. God bless the LVN for refusing, and here's hoping they are not fired for putting patient safety first.

And also, maybe Mr. F. Matthew DiNapoli could simply roll up his sleeves and pitch in.After 24 hours in this most sub-standard of facilities, we had my father-in-law transferred to another facility. As he left, around 6:00 p.m., memory care residents were still awaiting their dinner. As staffing was not sufficient, they were being fed dessert.

We are grateful my father-in-law had family members by his side the entire time to advocate for him. Other residents may not be so fortunate. The dishonesty and ineptitude at every turn was a nightmare. In a time when my husband simply wanted to sit by his dying father's side, he had to fight for him to be properly cared for. This is beyond unacceptable.

Where did it go?

Memory care has no meaningful activities. The people there usually sleep or watch TV. They are not treated like the other people who live there. Over past month or so the staff seem to be unhappy, not like it use to be. The new nurse and care staff are doing a good job, but they work with what they have. The Executive Director never leaves her office, except for lunch and once did I see her in memory care. This place needs some positive changes to get back the warth it once had. We take of of people not produce products.

Tammy Lee

Willing to address family b...

Willing to address family budget issues with both father and mother living in separate apartments. Very clean. Busy. Resident stopped me to indicatr the food was good. The reason for two apartments is that my mother may be unhappy in the memory care section of the facility. She has often remarked that she does not want to live with a 'bunch of old people'(she is 94). The rooms are not big enough for a hospital bed and the hoya equipment needed for his 2 person lift issue( however they are willing and able to accomadate his needs). The VA clinic is only 10 minutes away. VERY IMPORTANT !

High turn over rate

They do not do their job. They had a lot of communication issues, when I would ask about who feed or helped my loved one they would not know or be able to give me an answer. The treatment and care was just unacceptable. They are supposedly under a new director since then but I think the issue was with more then just one person. They have a really bad turn over rate while we were here the employees kept changing. I would not recommend them to anyone.

Tammy Lee

We had a very bad experienc...

We had a very bad experience with Alta Manor. Care was poor. Dad ended up with sores and in the hospital with sepsis last year.

Tammy Lee

I have met LaDonna and have toured th...

I have met LaDonna and have toured thr facility a few years ago. I did not like the distance for travel to much traffic. Will think about it.

Tammy Lee

Nice place, people friendly. Large S...

Nice place, people friendly. Large Studio is the room available. Liked the Villa.

Tammy Lee

Accepts VA benefits, has demenia prog...

Accepts VA benefits, has demenia program, lots of activities, good food menu, free rides to doc appt.

Tammy Lee

Was impressed with the feel/cost/and ...

Was impressed with the feel/cost/and approach of staff.

Tammy Lee

Welcome to Meadow Oaks of Roseville... a place to all home. Live in a beautiful community located within a close-knit neighborhood adjacent to nature preserve. Enjoy "assistance as you need it" options that will leave you with the energy to enjoy the lifestyle you choose. For residents of Meadow Oaks of Roseville, the picturesque cottage-style buildings among its beautiful grounds are just the initial benefits of the facility. Its living options include assisted and independent living, memory care, and respite care. Meadow Oaks also offers a variety of floor plans in addition to comprehensive amenities. It has fitness programs, arts and crafts, cultural events, housekeeping and shuttle services, an on-site salon, and well rounded meal plans. Whether it's curling up with a good book in the privacy of our apartment, joining friends for a game of chess or stepping out on a shopping trip, it's all right here.

We encourage residents to be active and involved in the community. Our resident council and receptive staff are very much responsible for shaping the Meadow Oaks lifestyle into what it is today....vibrant and meaningful.

At Meadow Oaks of Roseville, it's your life....it's your choice. Welcome Home.