Eskaton FountainWood Lodge - Orangevale, CA

Mixed bag in the early going

So far a mixed bag, my Father is happy and based on him I would give them 4 stars, my Mother doesn't like it at all, based on her I would give them 2 stars...however it's quite possible she wouldn't be happy anywhere other than her own home though, there are a few things that are concerning early on, staff response time can be very slow, especially when wanting to return from meals and when needing any assistance during meal times, just don't seem to have enough staff during these periods and the competency level is a mixed bag as many are terrific, but newer staff is not well trained at all and they seem to move people around a lot between wings instead of consistently having the same providers most days, at times it seems like the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, my gut so far tells me they have a pretty good staff of providers, but that overall this isn't a well managed facility but ask me again in a couple of months this rating could go up or down.

Positive Atmosphere!!

I have no complaints about my tour of this community, there was a lot of positive energy throughout the complex as well as happy residents. The building is beautiful with great scenery surrounding the outside for the the residents to enjoy.

Mom is safe and well cared for.

I live in New York not California and liked what I saw when we toured with Mom. From what I am hearing it has been 'as advertised' and very nice. Plenty of staff who seem well trained and very responsive. I could say more after I have visited my mother now that she is living there.

Not A "Old Folks Home"

It has really been a great experience at this community for us. I really like this community, everyone here is very positive and kind. They are caring for her very well. The community looks great and everything is nice and clean. The staff is wonderful, they have been great to work with. She stays very busy with all the activities they offer. The food is nice, she enjoys the meals and dining area. This is not an "old folks home". This community has a positive atmosphere and I would recommend it.

Please be careful!

Do not ever send your parent here! After an in home nurse evaluation, placed my parent. We removed my parent after 4 days. Actually, the ER doctor said don't go back there. Was left alone knowing her condition.

Great but Too Far Away From Me

That one was very nice too. It had everything that I wanted but just inconvenient for me location wise.

Older Place

We looked at Eskaton but I didn't like it very much. It was older and it smelled kind of old too so I didn't like that.

Not Sure About the Caregivers Yet

I'm trying to think positively but I'm not sure yet. I've talked with them about some concerns I have and I want to see what happens. If they take care of it I'll be happy. There are activities. She hasn't been going to them but they do have them. So far I like the people who are running it. I do like the place, I'm just not real happy with the caregivers so far. I guess for the amount of money I'm paying I expected something other than what I'm getting. I've talked with them and we'll see what happens.

This was a very nice place ...

This was a very nice place but too expensive as most Eskaton places seem to be.

looks like it is off a busy street. o...

looks like it is off a busy street. ok, not great.

This is probably one of the 2 or 3 ni...

This is probably one of the 2 or 3 nicest places we have seen.

Nice, friendly, beautiful grounds and...

Nice, friendly, beautiful grounds and courtyards. Took her for lunch and the food was not good at all.

Eskaton FountainWood Lodge is a community offering assisted and memory care.

Supportive independence is our philosophy. We offer the services and levels of care each resident needs to remain as independent as possible. Residents have a personalized care plan, in both assisted and memory care. Our families also have peace of mind knowing we have around-the-clock caregivers and our licensed nurses are on-site daily. Residents of Eskaton FountainWood Lodge enjoy all of the benefits of community living, such as good friends, great food, caring staff and updated apartments with private baths.

We feature: Around-the-clock caregivers and licensed nurses on-site daily.

Estate Style Living with seven acres of mature landscaping and beautiful courtyards with fountains.

Updated Apartments with new flooring,window treatments and customized paint. Complimentary furnishings available.

Lifelong Learning Programs with Art Classes, Dakim BrainFitness, computers, foreign language, support groups, and the Eskaton Kids Connection.

Staying active is part of our daily life at FountainWood Lodge with inspiring exercise classes, enriching activities and unique day trips.

Exceptional Benefits such as concierge services, personal shopping, pets welcome and customized moving assistance.

The Eskaton Reputation. Northern California's premiere nonprofit aging services provider with more than 4 decades of experience.

Please call us and arrange or a tour and a complimentary lunch or dinner. You will be so pleased with our peaceful and serene location.