Blenheim-Newport - Middletown, RI

Deathtrap

This is a place you go to when you are desperate. This is a deathtrap. Very little activities, no one in the offices when you have a question or comment, food is very salty and all the same every week, no fun activities other than the arthritis group zumba seated workout or cookies bakes...
Really! For more than 4k per month, give me more. For the same price, I can rent a studio and have a private care coming every day and taking me out shopping and dining.
I really felt trapped here, I am glad I am out.

Services that are promised are not the services they are given.

Be careful. I attended a meeting for my 95 year old female friend. In attendance was her attorney, myself and another one of her friends. We were told she could move in and stay there until she took her last breath. I mentioned her fear that she wouldn't receive help with toileting during the night. We were told she could call for help as many times as needed. We were told she would have someone that would be assigned to her for getting her to/from dining room. Well....she told me she was told by 11-7 staff that she called too often and could only call 3 times. So.....a 95 year old woman would lay in her bed holding her urine so afraid to call. I mentioned this to nursing and they said that wasn't the case and she could call as many times as needed. Hmmm......Then in just a few weeks times she had fallen numerous times. She was sent to the ER a few times. The last time was when she called for help with toileting during the night (she needs help pivoting from bed to commode next to her bed) the young lady came in and stood there providing NO assistance resulting in yet another fall. She was put into the bed and when staff came in the next morning found her bruised all along her right side and THEN they sent her to the ER. She was sent to rehab in a local rehab facility and Bleinheim would not take her back as she was having difficulty walking and pivoting. So when did her being able to stay until the end change? I am not convinced that they are documenting the falls as that is something that the State comes in to make sure patients are getting proper care. It is an expensive facility and despite paying thousands of dollars a month, in the event that she wanted to eat in her room she is charged $5.00!!!! I am so disappointed. What really happened when she moved in did not match up to the information given prior to the move. Shameful. Department of Elderly Affairs may be my next contact.

Awesome place

I am amazed about the number of activities provided for the residents.

Care for dad

I like the care here for my father. They have a nice staff that is usually very good. We had an issue with him getting the correct medication at the right time. This is a clean community. The meals are very good with a nice variety of choices. They offer him a nice variety of activities to join with the other residents . I recommend the good care and value for other families.

Not home at all!

The staff here was really nice and helpful. I really liked the tour. I just felt like the place was an institution. It felt like a nursing home and not like a home for my family. The community did look nice and kept up though.

Great bunch of people!

The staff here has been nothing but great. The employees really do care about my loved one and what the best for them. The dining staff is awesome and they are trained to interact with the residents. The food is really good. The community is always clean and neat. No complaints from here.

Things Are Going Well

Everyone was very helpful from my first visit to finally choosing Blenheim Newport. The staff has been great helping my uncle adjust to living there. I am glad he is in a safe and comfortable setting.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you! We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please call us ([removed]) at any time if we can ever do anything for you and your family.

Excellent Short Term Stay Facilities

We needed a place for round the clock care of my wife during a recent business trip. Blenheim-Newport provided the right level of service for her with support for medications, meals and physical therapy. We would use their services again.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do for you and your family in the future. [removed]

I think they are excellent.

I think they are excellent.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thanks for your kind words!

Gorgeous but it gets even more expensive....

This is a beautiful facility. They change the decorating frequently and keep it looking lovely. I never feel like I'm going into an assisted living facility but more like a nice hotel. Dining is elegant. The staff is very friendly but the management has changed 3x in 1-1/2 years. My biggest concern is that they "assess" the client every 3 months and every part of the assessment is given a number. The numbers are added up and thats how they determine the care level and the monthly cost. Ours has gone up 3 times in the last 1-1/2 years (not including the yearly cost of living charge). Family has no say in this assessment. The monthly cost has gone from 4500 and change to 6700 and change. Something to think about before your loved one falls in love with this place.

Benchmark Senior Living

Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to provide feedback.
Please let us address the remarks regarding resident assessments. Blenheim-Newport takes great pride in allowing residents to age in place. As part of our continued evaluation of the care and safety of our residents, an assessment is completed on a scheduled basis or any time there is a change in condition. This is an objective assessment is completed by a registered nurse and the results are based on cognitive, functional, and medical needs as well as a physician’s diagnosis. This assessment process provides the resident the opportunity to receive the services they need to remain in the comfort of their own home.

Excellent facility...One of...

Excellent facility...One of our top picks

Newly renovated and situated on fifteen beautiful acres in Middletown, Rhode Island, Blenheim-Newport is an innovative senior living community providing assisted living services in a residential, home-like environment. Blenheim-Newport borders historic Newport, offering many cultural, educational and recreational opportunities. We are also just minutes away from quiet beaches, superb shopping and modern medical facilities. Blenheim-Newport offers personalized service plans tailored to meet the unique needs of each resident.

The Independent Living option is designed exclusively for Seniors looking for a carefree lifestyle without the burdens of maintaining a home. As an Independent Living Resident, you will enjoy the support from our services and amenities that make life easier, and embrace the active and independent lifestyle that awaits.

The Assisted Living lifestyle at Blenheim-Newport offers a personalized balance of assistance and independence. Enjoy the privacy of your own apartment and the support of our caring staff for anything you may need.

The Harbor Program helps those with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments to stay active and engaged, supported by a caring staff, specialized programs, and a neighborhood designed just for them.