Atria Tamalpais Creek - Novato, CA

Place seems great, but thy cannot accommodate my father. He needs too much care, for what they provide.

Very Pleased

We moved my parents to Atria three years ago. My dad passed quickly, and my mom had to tranistion to the memory care (Life Guidance) unit due to advancing dementia. We experienced three moves in one year, and the staff was extremely helpful in these transitions. The facility is immaculately maintained, meals are very good, and the staff is incredibly caring and professional.
I had always been warned that assisted living facilities typically increase the care charges significantly as residents age, but I was constantly amazed that Atria maintained my mother's care level as her abilities declined and she required more assistance. I can't say enough about how grateful we are to have had my parents live at Atria.

Beautiful setting. Really professional staff.

Not considered. Did not have independent living

No complaints!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just no the right location in the end decision for my father.

I also toured...

In addition, I toured Atria Tamalpais Creek. I would not say my tour was 5 stars, there were certain things about this facility that made it not work out for my loved one. The tour guide that took me around was welcoming and informative, it was just not the best choice for us.

A good tour!

We had a good tour of Atria Tamalpais Creek. The person that took us around was friendly and informative. The facility was clean and in good shape, but it was not the best fit for my loved one.

Dad is adjusting well so far

So far my father likes it here. The staff is very helpful and respond quickly. He is also participating in activities which surprised me. One of the major selling points of this place is the food! He loves the meals they prepare. We also chose this community because he liked the atmosphere here the most and it was a convenient location. Once he saw Atria he didn't want to look at any other communities.

Need to Know!

This community was fabulous. The staff was wonderful and answered all my questions. They offer a variety of food choices. I was upset with the community when I was getting ready to move my loved one in they ended up saying that they could not accept him. We went through the process for 3 months and no one told us that. The staff can do better about informing me about any information I need to know.

Kate Vance

Thank you for the 5-star review. We welcome all types of feedback and appreciate your openness. If you have additional questions or comments, feel free to email me directly at [removed].

The joy of being pampered

My mom has not seemed this happy for years. She is animated, looking forward to each new day, excited about the new friends that she is getting to meet. And she says the food is to die for! Really. She is so happy not to have to worry about the shopping and cooking any more. She went out to a late afternoon meeting away from Atria, and was delighted that they had a tray with a delicious hot meal waiting for her in her room when she returned after the normal dinner hour. She has been proudly independent all her life, Yet she is really starting to enjoy the way they pamper her here.

My Mother seems to enjoy it quite a bit

My Mother seems to enjoy it quite a bit. The staff treats her well, she enjoys the activities, and she says the food is good too. She really seems to enjoy interacting with the other residents too.

Definitely Recommend Them

In general they try to go to great lengths to explain everything, which is good. They were happy to show me around the facility.The tour was really well done, I like their setup. They have check-in/check-out for guests and residents. My loved one told me they are responsive. Their paperwork and billing is fine as well. Their food is really good. I definitely recommend this place.

good experience

My husband went for respite care and really liked it. I can't rate the value, activities or care adequately since I wasn't there! But I felt very confident and comfortable knowing he was in good hands!

very well organized

Atria Tamalpais Creek appears to be a very well organized It is a well run business. The staff really demonstrates caring for it's population. I am well pleased with this facility. It ranks a little higher than the previous facility that dad was at.

Friendly, knowledgeable staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Atria Tamalpais Creek! The facility is clean and well taken care of, and the staff is knowledgeable and helpful. They do a good job looking out for the residents, and they also have very good food!

They did a good job

They did a good job. The only issue is that you can't get an Advil or Aspirin into your loved one with effort. The medications need to be worked. You can't do anything without a doctors order. It's a problem. It makes it real hard. I had to pay for a 6 month supply of medications that I did not order. It's not right. There is nobody skilled there. They are really friendly but not skilled enough. I think it's just a legal thing and not the Atria. It just causes a delay.

Kate Vance

Thank you for sharing with us. Your feedback is very valuable to us and helps us enhance the service we provide to our residents. We'd like to learn more about your experience at Atria Tamalpais Creek, so if you're comfortable continuing the conversation, please reach out to us at [removed].

very happy with them!

Atria Tamalpais Creek is a wonderful place. We are very happy with them. My mother is just a changed person! We call it a five star hotel and would be ready to move in ourselves if we could. Mothers health, attitude, and everything has improved. It is a very well run facility with excellent caring staff. I can't say enough good things about them or recommend them highly enough. I am very grateful to have my mother staying there.

Nice place overall!

Overall I think they've done an excellent job at Atria Tamalpais Creek. It's a very nice looking community, and the staff all seem very friendly. My loved one is still having some trouble adjusting to the community, but they are really making and effort to help him settle in and get comfortable. Really my only complaint would be that the community has always seemed a little short staffed.

We are happy with them.

We are happy with them. They are very clean and everyone is pretty friendly. It would be nice if they had some more activities. Some more outings, like we see at other communities. They have outings but not as much as I would like. Price and location, had a lot to do with our choice.

Don't be fooled by looks

At first Atria at Tamalpais Creek seemed to be a great place for my Dad. Nice people working there, good food, beautiful surroundings, relaxed and not crowded. The sales person who we were talking to about my dad moving in sounded interested in his wellbeing both socially and physically. Immediately after he moved in, she evaded questions about the facility, I.E. basic questions about his medication management, services provided, special dietary needs and how they could be met, general questions about the facility, and treated my family “rudely”.
After a few months my Dad’s needs increased, and we began paying for higher levels of care. It quickly became painfully obvious that Atria was incapable of assessing his increasing needs and reacting to those changes. It routinely took over 10 minutes for them to respond when he pushes the call button to request assistance. In case of an actual emergency, that could be the difference between life and death.
Unfortunately, because of their incompetence at Atria, we had to move my Dad after only 6 months to a facility nearby that charges considerably less and provides a higher level of care.
As an assisted living facility that provides 3 squares and a cot, Atria at Tamalpais Creek is fine. If you are hoping for more, go elsewhere.

Kate Vance

Your comments regarding your father’s experience at our community are very concerning to us. We would like to discuss this matter with you personally to get a better understanding of the situation. Please call [removed] or email us directly at [removed], including Atria Tamalpais Creek in the subject line.

Gorgeous but way too pricey...

Gorgeous but way too pricey st about $7500 a month.

Would recommend others take a look at Atria Tamalpais Creek

The staff at Atria Tamalpais Creek was very nice and helpful, they answered al of our questions. It's a nice place in a nice setting. We chose them over several other places because they are located a block from the public library. My mom was not particularly fond of all the food choices, but that may have been with any facility she was at. They did have to put some residents with the flu in quarantine, which caused them to cut back on activities and meal choices. Not that it was their fault, they responded appropriately, it just was part of our experience there. Otherwise, it was very nice and we were treated well, no complaints! (We are very grateful to A Place For Mom for all their help.)

LaDawn K.

Thank you for your review, and I’m so glad to hear that your family found our community to be pleasant. I am sorry to hear that your mom did not fully enjoy the dining options. We usually offer a choice of several entrees and we try to incorporate new dishes to keep things interesting. We also love it when residents suggest something they like or bring us a recipe to try. We regret that our community underwent a quarantine during your mother’s stay with us. We take great care in keeping our community clean, but unfortunately there are times when a resident may come down with something contagious and we have to keep the situation contained. Luckily, this does not happen very often. If we can ever be of assistance to your family, please give us a call at [removed] or email [removed] (please include the Atria community name in your subject line).

Atria Tamalpais Creek is an enriching senior living community in Novato that promotes independence and active lifestyles. With an event-filled social calendar and amenities like a fitness center, outdoor garden and salon and spa, our residents enjoy an environment that encourages them to remain active and engaged.

But just as important as the environment we create inside our community is the one we preserve outside of it. That’s why we’ve enhanced Atria Tamalpais Creek to be a greener, more sustainable assisted living community. In fact, our eco-friendly efforts have earned LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver certification.

Providing the best in accommodations, plus Atria’s industry-leading Life Guidance® memory care, Atria Tamalpais Creek is like no other independent and assisted living community in the area. Visit today and discover more.

License #216800331