Sunrise of Petaluma - Petaluma, CA

Satisfied

Everything is working out well for my father with his move to this facility. It is a nice community with kind people. I know he is safe, and in good hand. The staff is very kind, and always willing to help. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the facility. I'am pleased with all they have done for us.

Family type of home

My dad stayed here quite a few years back at Sunrise of Petaluma. So we knew that it would be a great place for my aunt. It is a beautiful well-kept, clean community. For the most part, the staff and caregivers are very friendly and caring and attentive to the needs of my aunt. We were having issues with one of the Sr. Supervisors who was condescending toward the residents and treating them with disrespect. We are hoping the issue has been resolved. The staff encourages my aunt to participate in the activities. She loves to help out folding towels and other things to keep her busy. We know that it helps her to co-mingle with others in her same stature. She does forget things but her state of mind is still high functioning to want and need the interaction with others. The staff is helping us to achieve what works best for her. I would definitely recommend this community to others.

Staff have been wonderful!!

I am very grateful for the amount of effort the staff have put towards helping my sister get better acquainted with her new living environment. They are willing to do whatever they can to help her live easily and in peace. They often help her with her hygiene if need be and are always going out there way to check in on her. It really is a lovely place and everything has gone as best as expected.

Great Looking Community

This is a beautiful community and my tour went well. The community looked great. Everything was spotless and the grounds looked lovely. The staff was very informative and answered me questions. I really enjoyed my tour, this is a lovely community. Everybody was very nice and friendly.

She's Doing Great

The staff are super friendly and always helpful. The community is so clean, it is better than my mom's house! My mom's doctor suggested she go on a low-sodium diet and the cook and mom do their best to accommodate this. I would recommend this community to others.

Professional and Nice Tour

Upon my tour I was very impressed with the small, intimate space. The staff are very high quality, professional and attentive to residents. The only thing I did not like is that no one starts with a private room, there is a waiting list. The price is good if you need the extreme living assistance care and my mom is not at the point of assisted living.

Unhappy with services

The staff was really nice. They never encouraged my mom to go to activities. The food wasn't very good. The lady that would come and clean her room would keep forgetting to take the garbage bag out of the room. To top it off it was overpriced for what little care she received. We were unhappy with them

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We take all concerns seriously and are sorry to hear you have not been pleased with your experience at Sunrise. We'd like to learn more - please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

Sunrise Senior Living

Absolutely Wonderful!

Absolutely wonderful. The people are very caring. They are very beautiful people. I am so touched by them. The sincerity of their love and care is what stands out the most. The facility is always very clean. It smells good in the afternoon because they bake cookies. They also have a great selection of activities. The care givers do such a good job at taking care of my mother. Everything has been wonderful.

I toured Sunrise of Petaluma

The Staff is very friendly, and very, very receptive. The activities that they provide, seem to be pretty well attended. We did not place her here too costly but seems like a nice place for some one who can pay high costs.

Mom feels like she is home here

We were concerned with moving Mom from her home, but there was no need to be. The transition was seamless and Mom has settled in nicely. It probably took less than a month for her to feel this was "home". In fact, it is hard to get her out of there. It is a beautiful place and anything I could say about the staff would be an understatement. They are very attentive to the needs of the residents and sincerely care for those that live there.

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

We recently moved here, unfortunately my loved one has been in the hospital, and rehab, and hasn't had a lot of time here. It's clean, and the staff is friendly, and they are doing a pretty good job so far. We don't really have any complaints, but she hasn't spent a lot of time there yet really.

Didn't have the level of care.

My loved one lived here for a couple of years. It was clean enough, and all of that. They had some problems with communication, and just didn't have the level of care we were looking for. They seemed to have too many people, and too many responsibilities, to pay attention to everyone's needs.

Great place for my mother

My mother moved into assisted living in Sunrise six weeks ago. She is very well cared for, I no longer worry about how she is doing living on her own. Her care managers are very attentive and are flexible in their thinking of ways to help her. She doesn't think she needs any help so their help is suitably subtle. I am particularly impressed with how all of the staff, not just my mother's care managers, are aware of and attentive to how my mother is settling in. They are doing their utmost to help her do so. Staff members know who I am and are attentive to whatever questions and requests I have.

My husband and I helped my mother decorate her one-bedroom apartment is such a way that it became both cozy and familiar. We were encouraged to cover the walls with pictures and happily did so. Great windows with plenty of light.

Amy from A Place for Mom was extremely helpful and went out of her way to help me make the best placement for my mother even as I headed in another direction. If/When my mother needs memory care it will be an easy transition into the memory care unit.

This is for someone who needs a higher level of care.

They really only have studios and one bedrooms. This is for someone who needs a higher level of care. There was very little outdoor area to enjoy. Their dining area was smaller. This was also more expensive than the one we chose.

perfect size and feel for m...

perfect size and feel for my mom but out of range @$7500+ per month.

My mother's only been there about 2, ...

My mother's only been there about 2, 3 weeks so far but Sunrise seems great. The staff is very friendly to my mother.

The different services they offered - she's in the Reminisence program - and the activities made it stand out for me. Plus, it's close to my house so it's convenient for me.

It is very expensive, I will say that.

Beautiful facility - cannot afford co...

Beautiful facility - cannot afford cost of memory care. Very helpful resource.

Memory section seperate, living area ...

Memory section seperate, living area kitchen, not to lg to get very lost. nice care help. painting fingernails.

About Sunrise of Petaluma

Community & Location Highlights:

•Minutes from historic downtown Petaluma, CA
•Quiet residential neighborhood
•Beautiful views of the Sonoma Mountains
•Near Petaluma Valley Hospital
•Close to shopping, dining, and golfing

Independence, fun, and friends—Sunrise of Petaluma in Petaluma, California, is a senior assisted living community focused on personal wellness, offering exclusive services and amenities including a full-service dining room, bistro, housekeeping, and a full schedule of activities that stimulate the mind, body and spirit. Caring, experienced designated care managers ensure each resident’s wants, needs, and preferences are fulfilled. Our residents choose the activities and meals they enjoy. We are conveniently located close to shopping, dining, golfing and Petaluma Valley hospital. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of Petaluma home.