Atria Bay Spring Village - Barrington, RI

Promises that were not met

Mom was asked to leave this location only after 11 days of moving in. I feel that intenlly they were not the most forthcoming in what level of care they could truly provide to someone in my moms condition. We were assured they were well equiped to handle any situations that came up which they were not. I found them to be misleading and unprofessional for the entire staff. The staff was kind and friendly but that doesn't go very far when they are not providing the care you were promised. They are not willing to work with us to get what we think we are entitled to have returned to us in the form of payment that we prepaid.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking a moment to reach out to us. Your comments concern me and I’d like to help. Would you mind reaching out to me directly at [removed]? From there, I can gain a better understanding of the circumstances and who is best positioned to address this.

Just got here

Atria Bay Spring Village is a very nice community. I am still getting used to living here. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have activities but I have not ventured out and tried anything yet. They serve good food here and there are plenty of activities and other things to do. So far I'm am just getting used to how everything works and where everything is located.

Total sham

This residence is not at all what it claims to be. It is not clean. Trash is unattended. Rugs are unclean. Apartment cleaning, which is paid for in the rent, is unreliable and less than basic. The food is not good, other than when salespersons are trying to convince families of loved ones to sign the rental agreement. The personal care is largely provided by unskilled persons, not certified nursing assistants. Personnel treat residents very poorly when physical abilities decline. For many of the ailing residents, this facility is no better than [Removed]. The corporation is concerned with profit only and is basically completely immoral.

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your comments concern me and I’d like to help. Will you please email me directly at [removed]? From there, I can get a better understanding of the circumstances and how best to address it.

On the Move

The staff was kind, understanding, and so helpful before and during my mother-in-law's move to Atria Bay Spring.

Welcoming and friendly staff

The staff is always very welcoming and friendly. This is a very nice place with nice decor and it is always clean. The food could be better though.

Caring staff

My mom ultimately needed more care than Atria was able to provide, but the people were fantastic with her there. My mom can be a difficult lady, but they were caring and attentive. They really helped her and my family to focus on getting her to the level of care she needed.

Atria Bay Spring Village works for me.

After spending some time in an Assisted Living apartment at Atria Aquidneck Place, my mom declined so that I had to move her to a memory unit (Atria calls these "Life Guidance"). There was no room at Aquidneck Place, so I moved her to the Life Guidance at Bay Spring Village. I have been mostly very happy with the care she receives there. The staff is extremely attentive and caring and the Executive Director is very accessible and efficient. The food is very good. There is a lot of attention paid to really knowing the residents. I really like the fact that everyone is extremely receptive to any concerns I may have and works hard to satisfy the residents and their families. The only negative I can report is that there are only 2 CNAs and one Med Tech/nurse on at any given time. Sometimes, this is enough, but sometimes it's not enough. The population of residents can be extremely needy so it can be problematic at times. However, they do a great job!

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. I thought everything here looked very nice. It was a beautiful, clean, well kept community, and the staff all seemed very friend and caring. However, we didn't feel it would be a good match for our loved one in terms of her specific needs. She has trouble with mobility, and this facility was very large.

A Safe and Friendly Place for Mom

Atria Bay Spring is a beautiful facility. My mother has her own apartment consisting of a living room, bedroom, kitchenette and big bathroom. In addition to her rent she is on Level I care which costs an additional $350.00 per month. There are daily activities, and family is invited to holiday parties. The people who work there are friendly and for the most part do a good job. The only negative I have to report is that my mother is not satisfied with the food

Kate Vance

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your mother’s experience at our community. I do apologize if she has found the food less than excellent. We value feedback from our visitors and families as we strive to constantly improve the experience of those who choose to live here. If you or your mother have suggestions on how we can improve, please contact us at [removed], including "Atria Bay Spring Village) in your subject line.

Visited Atria and she lik...

Visited Atria and she liked it very much. It is 'right in her back yard.' Access is very important. However our concerns are: they don't provide the full continuum of care AND they don't accept Medicaid. What happens when her money runs out? What happens when she needs a higher level of care? I've rated it a fair until I'm able to answer those questions.

Beautiful facility.

Beautiful facility.

Simply outstanding!

Everything at Atria Bay Spring Village has been nothing but positive! We toured several other quality facilities but Atria Bay Spring won out mostly because of its location. The other places we saw looked just as nice and offered comparable services. Our experience with Atria Bay Spring Village has been simply outstanding and I would absolutely recommend them to others.

This is my second choice

This is my second choice

Beautiful place. Nicely decorated and...

Beautiful place. Nicely decorated and spacious, friendly staff, closest one for us. Spacious studio with high ceilings a plus, large bath - all new.

Very impressive. Gorgeous. Upbeat env...

Very impressive. Gorgeous. Upbeat environment. Very welcoming community.

At Atria Bay Spring Village, residents will find a picturesque senior living community with a vibrant social calendar. Enjoy reading a book or chatting with friends in cozy community lounges, or on sunny days, relax in our beautiful, serene courtyards. Atria Bay Spring Village is near Barrington Town Center and within walking distance of the Barrington Marina and Harbor. We're also a winner of a 2007 Platinum Award from the National Assisted Living Nurses Association. With an invigorating schedule of monthly events, the residents can stay as active and involved as they like.