The people here are so caring

Previously my love one was at a different facility and I will say that it is much better for her. They provide a lot of nice programs that they run. They do have a Memory Care section and I find that the people here are just more caring. The staff team is very knowledgeable and communicative. If something were to happen they are very good at calling me immediately and to let me know. I highly recommend this facility

Excellent facility for most

My experience is limited to Avita, the memory care unit, and nursing and administration. All are excellent. Staff who work with residents are focused on them and engaged. Administrators are smart, professional and available to families of residents.
This is an excellent facility for those suffering from dementia who do not have behavioral problems. Like most assisted living facilities, not all staff are trained to handle able-bodied adults who exhibit aggression and put other residents at risk. It is ideal for those whose disease progression is slow and whose physical strength and quickness has not outlived their reason. Many quite elderly and feeble residents are receiving wonderful attention and care.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you so much for the glowing review. We're so proud of our Avita memory care program here at Autumn Glen!

Excellent assisted living

We moved our Grandfather to Autumn Glen almost a year ago. It's the best choice we could have made. He feels safe, he feels cared for and he is happy. Every time I visit I ask him how everything is and every time he tells me the same thing, "everyone is so good to me and I have everything I need". There is no better feeling than that! The staff are wonderful, genuine, and fun! There's always entertainment or games, and they have lots of family events throughout the year. The food is delicious and they are so generous, always making sure everyone is happy with their meals. If you need assisted living for a loved one, Autumn Glen is the best one in the area. We toured them all and immediately felt this community was everything they appeared to be and we haven't been let down a bit!

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for your kind review, Christa! It is a treat to have your grandfather here at Autumn Glen!

Need to get out the smell!

The community from the time I walked in smelled of urine. That was a major turn off for me and my loved one. The community was nice and the staff was great at answering my questions. They could use a better cleaning staff.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for reviewing us, we're proud to offer a clean environment to our residents. If there is anything we can help with please feel free to reach out anytime.

Meeting All Her Needs

My mother has adjusted very well to this community. They are caring for her and her needs very well. We are very pleased with everything they have done for us. They serve great food. There are nice activities offered. I'am really happy I called a place for mom.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for the kind words and update! We're glad we can serve your mother so well.

Highly recommended on ALL levels!

I have two relatives here: my mother, who moved in on Traditions side 8 months ago and was soon moved over to Alzheimer's side by April, and my aunt, who came to Traditions side 2 months ago. We LOVE everything about this place. The people are all wonderful--everyone. The Directors are helpful advocates for you and your unique situation even after you sign the contract, the nurses are always available and call back very soon otherwise, the CNA's are always warm and friendly (according to my relatives who live there as well), etc. Even the custodians are amazingly friendly and helpful. They are all warm, professional, caring, always smiling. Staff is always open in communication (calling to inform about medium level concerns) with the family and are very receptive to our input as well. Their entire staff (CNA's, custodial, dining room workers, etc.) is very knowledgable and creative at re-directing dementia residents in ways that keep them happy and safe. They offer lots of great amenities, including up to 4 days per week of music entertainment in the summers, 2 rest of year, which is key for my music-loving relatives. In addition, the place is also beautiful, like a luxurious country inn atmosphere, yet still quaint and family-like. It doesn't feel like an institution at all. I was first sad that my mom needed to move over to the Alzheimer's side so early, but she is doing better there. I feel their dementia unit cannot be beat, especially compared to all others in area.

Northbridge Companies

Wow! Thank you for such kind words! We take great pride in our community here at Autumn Glen and we're happy to know your mother's transition from our traditional setting to our memory care setting was a smooth one. We're thrilled your experience has been so wonderful!

Better place for mom

It is very nice, we much prefer this place. It's just more attractive, the activities are much better and it's just a better set up all the way around, autumn glen just didn't have any openings when we first looked.
My mother's never really adjusted and she has dementia so the transition's hard, they do what they can but we're there everyday. Of course the whole thing has been a lesson for us, I think the one thing we didn't realize that much is how memory care units are really considered assisted living so there's a lot of things that they don't do that you think they do. The medicine situation is a little tricky and it always surpsies me that if someone has a headache they won't give them asprin or something, they have to ask for it or we're supposed to give them something for it.

Northbridge Companies

Thank you for your review, we try to make our families' experience in our Generations Memory Care program as easy as possible. If there is something we could do to improve, do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director, Mark Barwise.

Liked the facility.the contact people...

Liked the facility.the contact people were very informative and pleasant to work with

Northbridge Companies

We're so happy you had a nice experience :)

Another beautiful facility. Director ...

Another beautiful facility. Director was great. Gave me tons of information--on financing, dementia, and the State of MA Assisted Living Consumer's Guide.

Northbridge Companies

Thanks! We love our Directors, Mark and Erin too!

Autumn Glen in North Dartmouth, MA, offers assisted living and Alzheimer's services that help seniors with their day-to-day needs. In fact, when seniors choose assisted living at Autumn Glen, they'll be able to enjoy independent lives in private apartments without the worries brought about by living alone or the hassle of scheduling home care.

Boasting 16 acres of land in North Dartmouth, Massachusetts, Autumn Glen is conveniently situated between two major hospitals. Resembling a country inn, Autumn Glen offers seniors privacy, senior living services, and a number of social activities that support the concept of community living. Senior living services and a respect for the independence of residents unite to provide seniors and loved ones with security they need at Autumn Glen.

The Autumn Glen assisted living community is proud to have a professional senior care staff that places residents' needs first. Autumn Glen also offers a brand new state-of-the-art Alzheimer’s Care Program, respite care and short-term care as well as a unique computer aided "Brain Gym" focusing on mental stimulation for our residents.