Brookdale Union Park - Monroe, NC

Toured in 2014 when my mom was ill. Seemed to be a descent place but was concerned with numbers and kept both parents at home at that time.

Really Enjoyed My Tour of This Community

I really enjoyed my tour of this community. It is a very nice community with kind people. The community looks very nice, everything looked great. The staff was kind, and informative. All my questions answered. The residents looked very happy. Unfortunately they didn't have a respite opening at the moment, but my tour went very well.

Lovely Place!!

I had a great tour of this place and would defiantly recommend it to anyone looking into assisted livings for there loved one. They had a wonderful community with a lot of great amenities available to there residents including meals and activities. When we where prepared to sign the contract we had sat down the nurse and it was way out of our budget for what they would charge us to care for my mother.

good atmosphere; proud of their food; no private rooms; i like the location (for me) & it is very near Union Memorial Hospital

Great Director Here At This Community

My mother in law is great here at this community. She wanted to move here, so far it has bee good experience. It has been an adjustment process for the whole family, but we know she is in a good place. The community looks beautiful, they do a very good job keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is great, and the director Ingrid is amazing. We know she is safe and being cared for well here. I would recommend this community, it is a great place.

Complete nightmare!

Initially I was excited to use their services for only 2 weeks when we had to place mom there while we went overseas. After we came back it was a nightmare. Not only did they call social services to investigate us which was totally dismissed and unfounded but they also ordered $146.00 of medication which we recieved a bill for that she no longer needed per her doctor. This place is a nightmare if they aren't going to keep the person permanently but they gave it a good try!! Thank god for our support from the doctors and her home health services!! I will never use their services again!

We would recommend this community!!!

This community is awesome as they were able to get my husband into the community within 24 hours. They made the process less stressful. The staff were good with the family. The staff encouraged him to be more social. He liked the food. They offer daily activities and the community is clean.

Awesome Awesome Awesome!!!

Our experience with Brookdale Union Park

I had to unexpectedly move family members from another state in a very short amount of time. The staff at Brookdale were vital in making the move not only happen, but happen seamlessly. The staff are caring, responsive, flexible and reliable. The onsite physical therapy and occupational therapy have been instrumental in my loved one's improved health and well-being. Any problems or concerns are immediately corrected or addressed. I have been very pleased with our decision to use Brookdale Union Park!

Whole Process Was Good

I though that the whole process was good, from admissions to the communication; it was efficient and quick and any concerns I had were addressed. Everybody was just very friendly and I like the idea that it is a small environment so that they know my mom well and encourage her to go out and participate.

Nice place, overall

Overall I think things have gone well at Brookdale Union Park. It's a nice looking, clean facility, and the staff have been friendly and helpful. We've had a few difficulties with their billing department, which has been frustrating, but my loved one really does seem to enjoy it here, and that is what really matters!

So far I have been very happy with them.

I've been very happy with the staff and how helpful they have been, and with their patience with the residents. I don't have any concerns with the cleanliness, it always looks good. We had two short stays and they went so well we decided to stay long term. It's still so new that I don't have any complaints or suggestions at this point.

Nice, smaller facility. Could use some updates

I would say that it's a fairly clean facility, I would say that there's a few things that probably could use replacing because they are worn; with places like that, after awhile some things need to be replaced. I think they usually encourage them to particiapte in everything, I like that the size fo the facility is not so large that it makes it difficult for the staff to meet the needs of their residents, I think the size is great. I think they could improve on just a little bit on the quality of their food. I think the quality of the food is just sort of medium, I don't think it's anything special, it must be nutrituous, but it's just been okay, nothing outstanding. When we took my mother over here, it's set up such that it has a common area when you first walk in and the dining room and two major hallways that are nice and large and brightly lit so that's why she chose it and right away she saw people she had known for 40 years. We were lucky.

I'm Sold !! The place, the people, ...

I'm Sold !! The place, the people, the location...it's JUST what I want for my mother. i know she would be happy there. I just have to look at the figures and see if it will work out. My husband will go back with me this week, and my brother will be coming this way in early November to take a look-see. Thank you so much for leading me in this direction. I had no idea there was something like this in Monroe. You are wonderful!

Union Park provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, care and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Our residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

At Union Park we promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. Our community offers graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of our residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care and value.