Brookdale Monroe Square - Monroe, NC

The staff wasted our time. Even after a scheduled appointment, we were not greeted. After 30 minutes and upon leaving, the
Executive Directed ask if he could help. We were on his white board for his visit. If the sales pitch is bad and not important - either was the care they were going to provide.

This facility had rooms that were too small, the places smells, and felt dark and depressing. I didn't like the fact that you had assigned meal seating and set time. For the cost it seems expensive for what you are getting.

A tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I looked at it. The people I met were nice. They do offer special diets for a fee. We were looking for respite stay, however his community did charge a fee upfront even for a short stay.

Friendly and Helpful

We toured Brookdale Monroe Square (Z) It is a very nice community that we might be moving our mom into if her care needs change. The staff was very friendly and helpful when providing information regarding the care they would provide for my mom. If in the future, she does move here they said the care would be more extensive and the staff members would be more attentive if she was to move from Brookdale Monroe Square (A).

Time to Adjust

Everyone at Brookdale Monroe Square has been great trying to help my mom acclimate to the move. It has been very difficult for my mom to go from being independent for all these years to adjust to following schedules and routines she is not used to. For the most part, we are very pleased the with care provided by the staff members. They have been extremely kind and soft spoken when helping us try to make mom as comfortable as possible. They offer activities that they try to encourage the residents to participate. They have been able to get my mom who plays the piano to play for some of the church services. We think we have made a good choice for my mom here and we like the fact that they will work with us and Medicaid. We keep our hopes up that mom will settle in and be comfortable in her surroundings.

Very Pleased With The Community

Mom and I had gotten a recommendation from other family members in New York about this community so we decided to take a tour of it. Mom loves everything about this place. She is socializing with the other residents and doing some activities that she is able to do. She loves the staff they are very kind and nice to her. She is loving the food. Everything is going extremely well here we couldn't ask for anything better.

Started to put my father here in May and changed mind. Not sure if we will reconsider. Looking for more of a flat rate like Carriage club offers. Not sure why they are not all the same.

Assisted living non dementia.

Mom's Care for home

We like the care from this community and the nice staff. We like knowing that the menu is good. We like knowing that he is offered to do activities and she is participating with mom. We like the care and the value and would recommend this community for other families.

Love Brookdale Communities

The only reason why I didn't choose this community was the distances it was just too far out for me to drive.
Other than that I have no complaints what so ever about this community. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable and helpful. The residents seemed to be happy. The inside was very clean and well decorated.

We like this community

The staff at this community are attentive and most of them seem to care about the residents. They keep the community clean and they offer some activities. The food is very good and we like that they have a separate meal area for residents that are a little more active so they can make friends. I would recommend this community.

Satisfied with Moms Respite Stay

We used this community for their respite stay services. There was a few bumps along the road, but we did work them out overall. My mother was well during her respite stay at this community. The community is nice, and clean. The staff was very nice, and friendly. There are nice activities offered for the residents. It was a good experience overall, everything went well.

Very disappointed

My loved one stayed here for respite. She came back with a urinary tract infection, yeast infection and a rash across her body.She fell two times while staying there for 7 days. They cut her hair without asking for permission. She has dementia, even if they asked her they should have verified with me. When I went to pick her up there wasn't staff in sight. I had to wheel out two laundry baskets and no one offered to help me. She will not be coming back here again.

This facility shows well. Clean and acceptable. Good activities for residents. good pricing.

Perfect Fit!

We like the community and the staff here. They are doing a wonderful job with my in laws. We did get to taste the food with them, but it was kind of last minute and they were not prepared. The community is always nice and clean. My in laws have not gotten in to any activities, but they do offer them.

A caring community.

I like the care that this community is giving. I know that the community is very large and sometimes worry that she will get lost. The staff is always very caring and helpful. The food seems to be appealing. They are offering her activities, but she is not participating. The community. I would recommend the care here to other families.

Look elsewhere

Extremely short handed. My father was in the memory care unit. First shift was OK, second was not so good and third was beyond horrible. There is little to no supervision of staff. Most anyone in a supervisory role is either socializing in the med tech room or behind closed doors. On two nights I caught the 3rd shift person asleep. She woke up and saw me. She didn't even care! The next night was right back at it. No wonder so many falls happen at night and they are found in the morning. I complained but it went nowhere. No one in there "minding the fort". No one sees what goes on on 2nd and 3rd shift. There were a few good caring employees, but they were overworked by picking up the slack for the bad ones. Getting services paid for didn't happen and don't even get me started on all the missing items.

Easy Transition

Communication is always key and not that I don't communicate well with everyone involved, I always feel like you can do more in that area. Overall I think the thing I appreciate is that they just made it an easy transition to be able to moved my loved one in.

I was well satisfied with them.

They fit my needs perfectly. This was just a short respite stay. It was clean and the staff is friendly. The food was excellent. They took excellent care of her. Every time our children went to see her, they were pleased. I was well satisfied with them.

Not a good experience

My experience was not good. During the week it was OK, but weekends were the worst. More employees are needed. I might also add that for the employees that are there, they need supervision. I found that especially on weekends it could be hard to find anybody. It was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

The building is nice and sometimes it could be cleaner, but I moved my parent because of a lack of care. For the $ the individual care leaves alot to be desired. Each resident has a care plan. Each need has a cost attached. On more days than not my parent was not getting what was being paid for.

Friendly and caring staff

My loved one has only been here a brief time, but so far our experience has been a good one. The care staff are responsive and hard working, and I feel like I have a good relationship with the people in charge. Whenever any issues comes up they have always dealt with it quickly and effectively. They've got a lot to provide for their residents in terms of both care and amenities, and they are definitely worth a look if you are looking into senior care in the area.

So far so good.

I'm impressed by the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff. While it is to soon to give a more meaningfull review, I have no complaints thus far.

We have been very pleased with what we have seen so far.

It's very clean, and the staff is friendly. I think they are a very good value. The staff are very attentive and responsive. They have lots of activities. The food is good. We have been very pleased with what we have seen so far. We have no complaints and there isn't anything we would like to see done better. We liked how bright it was and the activities they offered, we also knew some of the people that worked there.

We have been very pleased with the ca...

We have been very pleased with the care my dad is receiving at Clare Bridge. He feels at home and comfortable with the staff and residents. There is always something to do and he is more active there than he was at home. We feel we made this decision to provide an assisted living environment FOR him not TO him.

The staff is good. Their communication is excellent

The staff is good. Their communication is excellent, no matter what time of day it is they will call me. If they haven't heard from me in a couple of days they will check in with me. They pay attention to her needs, they know who her best friend is. They pretty much specialize in dementia, which is nice.

Jody Matheny / A Place for Mom & Clare Bridge of Monroe

I’m still shaking my head that the initial call back (from A Place for Mom) happened as my screen was being refreshed from completing the initial “search block” on your website. I had 4 return calls for referred locations within 45 min. It wasn’t just the speed of response; everyone I spoke with was gracious, helpful and competent. Specifically, Darlene & Jennifer (Clare Bridge) have been terrific (responsive, understanding & patient) in this first and tumultuous week of mom moving to her "new home".

Mom didn't like it

Actually, it wasn't so much as on our desires but my mother's. My mother actually went to Monroe Square before she was supposed to go in and she thought the facility was dark, she thought the hallways were small and crowded and she said she didn't want to go here.

Though the people we spoke ...

Though the people we spoke with at all facilities seemed genuine and caring we felt like the needs of my dad were most understood and would be best met at Clare Bridge of Monroe.

Very Happy With Mom There

I know they do have more employees per resident there because it's a memory care facility. There are way more people on the staff than the place my father is and on the weekends it's really no different than on a weekday. My mom's been there for a little over two years now. I have found that the staff are very patient, kind, and caring. They check on mom a lot. It seems like they have more staff development. They seem a lot more aware of the needs of the resident. I'm very happy with mom there. The place never smells. Her laundry is always done, it's never allowed to pile up in the closet. I think they run a very efficient place.

Needs More Staff

I'm limited in my knowledge of what I can compare it to but I don't think it's great. Part of the building are clean. Other parts that maybe the public coming in and out wouldn't see need some work. They're friendly.

One of the ways that I think they could improve is that it worries me when I go in there on a Saturday or a Sunday and you would be hard pressed to find an employee and I worry about my dad's safety. My dad has alzheimers and if he were to have a fall I think how long would it take for an employee to find him and help him? It would probably be a resident that would be the one to help dad.

My parents are as happy as they would be anywhere

I think it's pretty reasonalbe for what you get. The care seems to be fine. My parents have their complaints but I think it's because they're trying to deal with the loss of independence, they're not really complaining about Monroe Square. They don't really participating in anything. My mom is not really able and my dad, he's participating a little bit more, but he likes to stick by her. He's made some friends and will sit outside when the weather is nice but he won't leave her to go play bingo or go on the field trips.

My parents both complain that there is too much repetition in the meals. They have beans and cornbread more than once a week and he's getting tired of it (and that's one of his favorite things to eat). Other than that, there are no real big complaints.

This place was also nice, but Union P...

This place was also nice, but Union Park had 'the feel'. I could envision Mom at Union Park moreso than at Monroe Square.

At Clare Bridge we know that memory losses due to Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia are progressive and residents' needs are continually changing. We provide balance in our residents' capabilities, personalities and preferences to create daily routines that enhance their spirits and increase their sense of purpose. We believe the amount of satisfaction our residents receive from the tasks that fill their days goes a long way to maintaining their sense of purpose and overall satisfaction with life. An Integral part of this is our promise to encourage each resident to find Daily Moments of Success. To help our residents achieve these moments, our associates receive the tools and training needed in such key areas as specialized dining and the ongoing monitoring of healthcare and behavioral needs, to name a few.

Clare Bridge provides Alzheimer’s and dementia care residents with the lifestyle, housing and services they need in comfortable surroundings combined with the amenities, programs and care they need to help stimulate recognition, recall and wellness in a safe environment. Through years of caring for individuals with dementia we have learned how to create optimal surroundings and approaches to care. Familiar environments that our residents have enjoyed throughout their lives are recreated to help them feel reassured and comfortable. Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care programs are built to embrace, not restrict our residents' desire to wander and to provide a sense of belonging.