Nice facility, very clean. Rooms are shared suites which would not work for my Mom, but might be nice for others.

Email from [name removed] indicating my scheduled tour (very presumptuous!). Voicemail from [name removed] [removed]. Another call from [name removed] at [location removed] which manages this property and [location removed] in [location removed]([removed]). .
Info from [name removed]: $4,800 studio

Can't say enough good things

[Removed] at A Place for Mom was fabulous. I was online looking at options for my mom at 9pm on a Friday and she called me right away. We ended up talking for almost an hour. The following morning a gentleman called me from the facility and next Thursday we were having lunch there. Everybody in the community is great here. I have said it to many people; you feel like everybody reaches out to you. They are all there to do their job, but also they feel like a family. The wait staff is kind, nice, and just unbelievable. They have a doctor there who has now become my parent’s doctor. I can’t tell you how many people and how many times they check in on my father. Before he was in bed for 1 ½ months straight and he wasn’t doing much of anything. Because of his condition he was administered medication 4 times a day. I asked if we could switch to 3 times a day and from that is when everything changed. Now he will talk to the wait staff, he will actually engage in conversation, and everybody that I met would not believe the difference in my dad. My mother kept saying that she felt like they’re on their honeymoon. She went to Europe and went out to eat often. Here she and my father go to the dining area and the waiter would take their order. The waiter is from Italy and he would know the places that my mother would tell him about. He would sing with them too during meals. It is such a wonderful place. There’s dignity, it’s like an apartment place, and I even stayed overnight there. They have things going on all the time like the media room where residents can go and watch a movie. The facility is a safe and secured place. The doors lock at 8pm and you have to push a button to have someone come and let you in. They’re all lovely people, the transition has been really nice, and there’s not enough good things to say. I can walk out of here and not have to worry about my parents at all. I know that they are under great care.

I am looking for a new place for my dad, who has dementia. I liked it here. The space is attractive and clean, I saw many positive interactions between the residents and staff and the residents appeared to be fully engaged.

Mom's New Home and Good Care

This has been a great community for my mom. The staff is keeping me informed on her progress. The community is clean with good environment. The menu is outstanding and my mom likes the variety of the meals. They do have activities that are offered for her to participate with the other residents. I would be happy to recommend this community for other families for the good care and value.

Fantastic Staff!!

My parents have been here for about five weeks and so far everything has been going wonderful for them . I could have never picked a better fit. The staff are fantastic and provide them with with nothing but the best of care. They both have improved immensely in every day life skills. They get three healthy meals a day and are outside often throughout the day doing different activities and getting some fresh air. We are very happy costumers and thrilled with the results we are seeing. I owe a big thank you to this place.

Well Maintained Community

My tour of this community went pretty well. The community from what I saw appeared to be well maintained. The staff was friendly and welcoming. It was a nice experience, and they treated my family and I very well. This is a nice community, but not the one for us.

Toured This Community For My Father, and It was Good

I toured this facility for my father and his needs. My tour went well. Everybody was kind and friendly. The staff I met was informative and answered my questions. From what I saw the community appeared to be well maintained, everything looked nice and clean. It was a pleasant tour, just not the one for my father.

A nice community.

Overall, I would recommend River Ridge at Avon. They modified my mother-in-law's pain meds and there was an interaction between the meds and she had to spend some time in the hospital. The medical staff either wasn't aware of the potential intereraction or ignored them. We were surprised by that. The rest of the staff there is wonderful. It's a nice community. The food is very good. They do offer activities but she has not participated yet.

Happy Family

My mom has lived at River Ridge for 2 years! We are so happy with the care and compassion that she has experienced. She enjoys talking to everyone and is very comfortable in her setting. The associates go above and beyond for their residents!! My family is so happy we chose River Ridge for mom's home.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you so much for the feedback! It thrills us that your mom is so happy as we strive every day to make our residents' lives special. Please reach out to our Executive Director ([removed]) if you ever need anything.

Nice looking place, but not a good experience for us

Although I think the facility and care staff at River Ridge at Avon are both nice, our experience with them did not end up being a good one. I think that during the touring process they were just telling us what we wanted to hear, because my loved one was only in their memory unit for 4 days before we had to find another facility. It's a very nice looking place, and I am sure that they do an excellent job in their assisted living wing, but I would make very sure with them that they can handle your loved one's specific needs.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing. We are sorry for the experiences you’ve had at River Ridge at Avon. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please contact the Executive Director regarding your concerns as it is our goal to customize care to the particular needs of each individual resident.

Very informative tour...all questions answered and tour was excellent

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for the feedback!

Life at River Ridge

Life at River Ridge"

I have been a resident of River Ridge at Avon for 2 ½ years. Before choosing River Ridge we did a tour of 3 other assisted living facilities in the Avon area along with our son who lives in Avon. River Ridge was the best by far for the following reasons:
-The facility itself is beautiful. It has recently been redecorated and when you walk into the entrance it is like a five star hotel.
-The administrative staff is outstanding. They are extremely professional, friendly, courteous, helpful and welcome you to your new potential home. This makes the change of leaving your home much more acceptable.
-The nursing care is excellent and very helpful and kind to the residents when needed.
-The activities for the residents are many and well received. The participation in games and mental activities keeps us active.
-The facility is immaculate as cleanliness is the first order of business.
-The entertainment is diversified and well planned. They include movies, concerts, and individual musicians and singers.
-The food is excellent. The chefs do an outstanding job and the servers and waiters are professional, friendly, and very accommodating.
-One of the highlights of River Ridge is visits to Doctors.The staff goes out of their way to accommodate the residents and work with them on all schedules.
-Tuesday is set aside for shopping in local stores within 10 miles.
River Ridge was our best and last decision of finding a home where we’re safe and happy.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

One of the many benefits of being a senior living company is the ability to create moments that wow our residents and families. Thanks for your kind words!

Nice place overall, expensive

My experience with River Ridge at Avon has been a little rocky, but I believe that is mostly due to some unusual circumstances with our particular case. Overall I think they do a good job here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and the staff are friendly and professional. They've been very accommodating in terms of any specific care requests we've had. I will say that as your loved ones care needs increase the price can go up very quickly, however.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your thoughts. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Please call us at any time ([removed]) if you have any questions or concerns.

Just OK

Lovely suburban setting, priced a little high in comparison to other facilities for what you get. I selected this facility due to location and being close to friends and family to provide my loved one with more company. Common areas are immaculate. Housekeeping and laundry are frequently not done on the assigned day, residents are not advised. A minor repair had to be requested more than once before being taken care of. The facility has a lot of cliques, and they're not very accepting of newer residents. Activities are sparse. The calendar looks full, until you take a good look and see that entries such as breakfast, 1st seat & 2nd. seating for lunch & dinner are there. I can only say that it's OK, not great, not ugh. You can do better, you can do worse.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. Your opinion, as well as the quality of care our residents receive, is extremely important to us. Please call the Executive Director at [removed] so that we can address your concerns. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

Very pleased with initial experience ....this is our first week and have found River Ridge to be excellent in all areas.The
Staff goes above and beyond expectations and both staff and residents are welcoming and friendly.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing! Please feel free to contact the Executive Director at [removed] if there is anything we can do for you and your family.

Friendly and accommodating staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at River Ridge! The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they recently finished a series of renovations and improvements! The staff has been just wonderful, they are all very accommodating and very professional. We would highly recommend River Ridge!

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for your kind words! If there is ever anything we can do for you and your family, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. ([removed])

River Ridge has a very nice homey feel to the facility and is kept clean and in good repair. The staff is very friendly and knowledgable. My relative lives in Harbor Care which is the memory care unit. She is very happy there.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Your words mean everything to us! Thank you so much for sharing. Caring for seniors is not just our purpose, it's our passion. We love what we do and are extremely proud of our team. Individualized care is one of our hallmarks as we strive to meet the distinct needs of each resident.

Great place!

They've been absolutely wonderful so far! The staff are friendly, professional, and extremely accommodating. They were incredibly helpful during our search and move-in process and really saved the day during a stressful time. They're always very responsive in terms of both care and communication with families. The facility itself is always clean and well kept, and the services and activities provided are great.
The only complaint I'd have is that they could have a bit more of a focus on evening activities, and I'd like to see them show more modern films when they watch movies.

Benchmark Customer Engagement Team

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We take enormous pride in taking care of seniors throughout the aging experience. Statements such as yours mean everything to us as we take great pride in the trust families place in us.

A Responsible Community

My dad lived at River Ridge for a year. He loved it. A week after he moved in he fell and fractured his wrist. In spite of it being 9:30PM on a Sunday evening, the nurse on duty called me immediately to let me know my father was on the way to the hospital. Dad was cared for at River Ridge and did not have to go to rehab. The doctor on the staff of River Ridge oversaw this care. My dad could sometimes be a handful and during a particularly stressful time the team of care givers, up to and including the administrators, helped resolve the issue with compassion and professionalism. The kitchen staff and all the certified nursing assistants were caring and kind. Even the maintenance staff were diligent and effective. I would not have moved my dad but for a different level of care and a savings of over $1,200.00 per month we moved dad to a facility in another state. My older brother is now dad's caretaker. My only complaint is that there were not enough activities for dad outside of the River Ridge facility itself. My father is fairly able-bodied for an 84-year-old man and sometimes he was bored. That was also a side effect of his failing vision but more activities would have been great. I would recommend River Ridge to anyone who needs the assisted living level of care. Good luck in your search!

Very nice place. Very professional ...

Very nice place. Very professional presentation. Director did a great job.

Facilities would fill the need for as...

Facilities would fill the need for assisted living and dementia care. May be too far away from West Hartford. Need to get to Westminister, Doctors and Hair Salon. Not too much space.

Cozy, caring, ice cream cafe, cocktai...

Cozy, caring, ice cream cafe, cocktail room, lobby like a living room with fire place, low key activities, rooms have view of interior courtyard or outside, small apt. with brownish stained carpets, rooms open to a kitchette, large storage closet; can care for resident to the end of their lives; dr. available 1X wk. in the residents' apt.; podiatrist 1X month

Liked this a lot. The programing didn...

Liked this a lot. The programing didn't seem as dense as some.

Very nice - lots of activity - friend...

Very nice - lots of activity - friendly - clean - compassionate. Rooms nice, good size. Health Center swim nearby or YMCA in Granby 10 miles away. As of right now, this is our top choice.

Nice.

Nice.

Liked this a lot, but the hike over t...

Liked this a lot, but the hike over the mountain every day to visit would be a problem.

River Ridge at Avon is nestled in a quiet, residential neighborhood in the heart of beautiful Farmington Valley. We are conveniently located off Route 44 in the charming town of Avon, minutes from wonderful shops, dining, entertainment, and medical offices. Our superb location complements the quality of life found within our community. Residents enjoy a carefree lifestyle where they feel secure and comfortable. They marvel at the design of our atrium lobby, take strolls on our manicured grounds and serene walking paths, and enjoy our expansive outdoor courtyard. With all this, plus a wide variety of health and wellness amenities, our residents are active, social, and fulfilled!